Script

Version 3.7: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/FantasyBestiaryV3-7.txt

Add-Ons

New Game Plus (V1.5): http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/FantasyBestiaryNGPAddOnV1-5.txt ***Requires Bestiary version 3.7 or higher!!***

Scan Skill: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/FantasyBestiaryScanAddOn.txt ***Requires Bestiary version 3.7 or higher!!***

View Bestiary in Battle: http://www.crimson-castle.co.uk/rpgmakerscripts/FantasyBestiaryBattleAddOn.txt ***Requires Bestiary version 3.7 or higher!!***

Why is this called the Fantasy Bestiary? Because it's greatly inspired by the styles of Bestiary used in majority of Final Fantasy remakes!

ffbestiaryexample.jpg

Much like the Bestiary in the Final Fantasy games, the Fantasy Bestiary is split across two screens. The first screen showing a vertical listing of the enemies found, along with a completion tracker (which can be turned off).

fantasybestiary1.png

The second screen shows detailed information about the enemy, including their sprite, a battleback and battle music to go along with it. There are 3 status pages available (newer versions let you add any number of pages you want) to toggle between, and you can still scroll through the enemies while on this second screen.

fantasybestiary2.pngfantasybestiary3.pngfantasybestiary4.png

There are a whole ton of different options you can customize, and notetags and script calls you can use to your liking which are listed in the script itself. Although I must warn you that the script itself is very massive (over 2000 lines of text).

Edited by Shadowmaster9000

Not in this current version no, I'll have to add it into the next version.

Okay now's a good time to give me other ideas to add to this. XD

Edit: I just updated the script cause I realized there was an error with the way completion was being tracked. It should be fixed now.

Edited by Shadowmaster9000

This is pretty neat!

Is there a way to create a page to show enemy skills in addition to what you have? If not, an addition like that would be awesome for me. :P

I can add a fourth and possibly a fifth page too dedicated for skills. But at the moment, if you don't need Weakness, Resistance, Immunity, Type or Location, you can replace any of those with a place for enemy skills, since you can edit their titles to display just about anything, like what you can steal from them or their favourite foods.

Awesome! I was wanting something almost exactly like this, but it's been on my scripting backburner for awhile (seemed really hard to script as well :P). Thank you for posting this, I will definitely use it!

Liking this script a lot already! It seems simple enough, and very customizable! Only thing is that now I'm going to need to make graphics for my critters now, was using Yami's Symphony, and just had a dot to represent where I'm putting them, but this'll be good!

Very nice looking script. It seems to be one of the easiest I've seen for Bestiaries while managing to maintain a well thought out look. Nice idea about changing some categories to fit other options, like what can be stolen, or perhaps what magic can be gained for Blue Mage classes.

Edit: One quick question. If we don't indicate a battleback for the enemy, is there a default it goes to or does it error out?

What if I wanted the battleback to be black for all enemies in this bestiary? Would I have to specify this each time, or is it black by default?

That's a very nice script! I might use it :)

It's also very nice to replace something like "Level" with something else.
I thought of using a Monster taming system and replaced it with "Capture" to indicate the

% of capturing :)

Just encountered a bug. The enemy descriptions don't seem to show, even when I've enabled them and made an entry. Here's an example of what I have in the notetag:

<description: "string">

... Even "string" won't show up. xD

Just encountered a bug. The enemy descriptions don't seem to show, even when I've enabled them and made an entry. Here's an example of what I have in the notetag:

<description: "string">

... Even "string" won't show up. xD

Ah sorry it was cause I was meant to write <desc: "string"> in the script instructions. I've went ahead and fixed this now.

Also thanks for the positive feedback guys. ^__^

Oh, just <desc: "string">! Did that, and it works perfectly! It's beautiful, just beautiful! Thank you so much for creating this! By any chance would you consider making an adjustment so it could work with Yanfly's Menu script?

Put this in the Yanfly Ace Menu script where the other custom commands are located:

::fantasy_bestiary => [ "Bestiary",            0,        0, :command_fantasy_bestiary],

Sadly because of the way Yanfly Ace Menu works, I can't include anything in my script to make it show up in Yanfly Ace Menu without overwriting stuff and restricting custom menu commands to the Bestiary only. But I will include the above snippet in the script's instructions so people will know how to implement this into Yanfly Ace Menu.

Thanks. Dunno why I didn't think of this before. I've put enough things onto Yanfly's menu stuff that I should be used to this now.  I just needed this anyways: A way to get this to work without exiting the menu completely if I exit the bestiary. That's all. :)

Cheers. I've added an updated version with new features:

• You can set the Completion tracker to a game variable, allowing you complete control how the Completion tracker can function.
  • You can give enemies a Completion Bonus that adds an extra percent to your Completion tracker, this can be used to exceed the total percentage (over 100%), but only works if Completion is set to be shown as a percentage. Good to use for secret enemies.

I've kept the previous version of the Fantasy Bestiary for any compatibility reasons that might crop up with the newer version. I've also updated the Terms of Use for both versions. These new Terms of Use will eventually be included in my other previous scripts as well.

Here are my suggestions, and most of this is just personal preference, mind you.

• Drop Items are automatically pulled from the game database, why isn't anything else? Things like elemental resistance or immunity should also be called that way to keep the notetags shorter (instead of manually typing what goes in there, it would be numerical like "resist: 1, 3, 5" as the notetag).
  • Elemental Resistance, Elemental Immunity, Elemental Weakness, Element Absorb should all probably have their own page to allow for monsters that have a lot of elemental properties (3 lines for anything is just not enough).
  • State Resistance, Immunity, Weakness should also have their own sections instead of being grouped together in a generic sense like it is now.
  • Allow icons to be shown for states, items dropped, elements (could add an array to define elemental icons).
  • The manual entry for BGM, Location, Type, those are all great and should stay the way they are, if you ask me.
  • Allow at least four lines of space for each manual category, rather than three. There's definitely enough space for it in the standard 416 height.

Other than these personal wishes, this script functions perfectly and is presented as it is meant to be, which is really nice. I'd love to see some more customizable stuff added (or support for other scripts like Skill Steal (show what abilities can be stolen), etc.)

NICE WORK!

No, I like the idea of putting everything like that in yourself because it may not come out the way that the person wants it.

Module constants can easily be added to do the same thing.

SHOW_ICONS = true/false, to determine whether or not to show icons next to items, elements, states, etc., for example. The notetags can also function with manual entry (text within quotes) or integers to call database information (1, 3, 5, etc.).

The script is solid and functional, but could use more customization by the user, is what I'm saying. As is, it's still a badass script.

I've customized it to look the way I want so far; I was actually going to look into a way to have it auto-pull the resists/weakness, but I have to see if it would look good first. When I put the notetags into the enemy tab one by one I KNOW what's going in there, so I can 'hide' information that's not really pertinent but would still be pulled from the enemy info.

But here's what I have so far, to show that customization is possible. So far I've just moved what info is on which screen (and where it shows up) and stretched the battleback to extend across the entire screen. I'll be figuring out what stats I want to show up next. This is a really awesome script though; I wouldn't have been able to code this and I love having it!

@William C: If I end up pulling database information for this script would you like a copy of what I have? I'm probably not going to have customizations through module constants (if I can figure it out maybe, I mainly just hardcode things to look how I want), but if you would like a copy I don't mind sending one. I love seeing the progress on your game, and if that would help, then I'm down.

Bestiary_zps05e08625.png

Here are my suggestions, and most of this is just personal preference, mind you.

• Drop Items are automatically pulled from the game database, why isn't anything else? Things like elemental resistance or immunity should also be called that way to keep the notetags shorter (instead of manually typing what goes in there, it would be numerical like "resist: 1, 3, 5" as the notetag).
  • Elemental Resistance, Elemental Immunity, Elemental Weakness, Element Absorb should all probably have their own page to allow for monsters that have a lot of elemental properties (3 lines for anything is just not enough).
  • State Resistance, Immunity, Weakness should also have their own sections instead of being grouped together in a generic sense like it is now.
  • Allow icons to be shown for states, items dropped, elements (could add an array to define elemental icons).
  • The manual entry for BGM, Location, Type, those are all great and should stay the way they are, if you ask me.
  • Allow at least four lines of space for each manual category, rather than three. There's definitely enough space for it in the standard 416 height.

Other than these personal wishes, this script functions perfectly and is presented as it is meant to be, which is really nice. I'd love to see some more customizable stuff added (or support for other scripts like Skill Steal (show what abilities can be stolen), etc.)

NICE WORK!

Thanks, I will try to do as many of these as I can over the next few updates, but admittedly I might leave auto-detecting Elemental and State stats 'til last. >___>

Also just to let you guys know, I have uploaded a fixed version of version 1.1 which fixes the kill enemy and completion tracker bugs that someone else notified me about.

Looks like it works correctly now - I got through several battles without it crashing on line 708.

Thanks for the fix (And for the great script~), and sorry for any hassle I caused by bringing it up  ^_^

*edit*  One other thing, is there anything extra I need to do to get the Battlebacks to work?

I entered <battleback1: "RockCave1">  and upon opening the Bestiary entry the game crashes stating it was unable to find the file. I copied the filename directly from the image, and even tried importing it via the resource manager (Which was a longshot since it's from the standard RTP) but it gives me the same message each time.

As far as I know I've followed the instructions properly, but it's quite possible I'm missing something or entered something wrong.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Rezca