Demo vs Full Game  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Banner-Logo.png

In a world of silence where time rules all

many souls begin to fall....

-The Saviour

Genre:  Survival Puzzler

Game Progression: We are 85% complete with the game. Due to feedback from a previous review by Amerk, the original demo has been removed. since the original game demo, almost everything has changed.

Game Completion:

IndieDB_Icon.png= 25%

Graphics: IndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.png(50%)

Spriting:   IndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.png(75%)

Story:       IndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.png(100%)

Eventing:  IndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.png(75%)

Scripting:  IndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.pngIndieDB_Icon.png(100%)

Banner-Story.png

Life is peaceful in Sommini Village, there is no crime, or anger, or hate. In fact there is not much of anything. Every resident of Sommini Village finds themselves lulled peacefully into their final moments of their Spirit Timer...until it finally runs out. Akal finds himself trapped in this sleepy village, with the curse placed upon him. Can you find his way to freedom. and escape his Spirit Timer?

Banner-Spirit-Timer.png

Life is a fickle thing. You can be walking down the road one moment and the next second. You'll find your life ending before your eyes. You can never know when you are going to die. But what if you did?

What if you knew the exact second you were going to die. What would you do? Would you do everything you could, to extend your life whatever the cost? Will you give up and accept your fate? Would you sacrifice yourself to save another. Would you live every day as if it was your last?

The Spirit Timer can be a blessing and a curse for those of Somini Village. What will you see it as?

Banner-Characters.png

Character-Akal.pngCharacter-Saviour.png

Banner-Features.png

• Time based challenges and game play
  • Professional Voice Acting
  • Dynamic Dungeons
  • Psychological Trickery 

Banner-Screenshots.png

oYm4sDP.png?26SFN9pb.png?1mJYEG3u.png?3lJtKoZo.png?2

Banner-Credits.png

Audio:

JStewartMusic

Voice Acting: 

Karen Dellaway

Sprites:

Shaddowval

Level Design:

SMC Games

Scripting: 

Galv   Modern Algebra   Yanfly  Tsukihime          

Rei    Woranta/Necromus   regendo   

Event Design:

SMC Games   Phillip

Graphics/Tilesets:

Cecillia  Celliana    Lunerea       

SMC Games Enterbrain

Engine: 

Enterbrain

Story: 

SMC Games

Special Thanks:

Amerk for the first review on RRR

Jens Of Zanicuud for script advice and the beautiful title screen!

Shaddow for just being awesome and helping improve this game RAPIDLY!

Karen Dellaway for being evil and being amazing at it!

Galv, Tsukihime and Regendo for script translations/Edits  without which we couldn't port the project into VXA

Can't wait for this to come out :D

I'd love to see what my art looks like in this game once I have them done @3@

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've made for us :) 

Updates!

First big update (for those who don't know!) Is the upgrade of engine! Thanks to a few lovely members on this forum :D (who are now added to the credits on the main post) We're now running Spirit Timer in VXA! WE managed to get a few of the key scripts that we needed converted into ace, and now it's working perfectly. 

Audio/Visual HUD:

I've been playing the idea of adding something to make the game slightly more immersive for a while now, but with us working in VX, I decided that it was best that I didn't start trying to hunt around for new scripts. As new VX scripts are hard to come by. However, with the upgrade to VXA we felt confident enough to see what we could do with the HUD. 

After discussing it with you guys we've currently implemented a small addition. As your timer ticks down, small cracks appear on your screen, warning you that your time is slowly running out.  The less time you got the more cracks appear :D making it harder, and harder to see what's going on :)

Crack%20HUD%202.png

We've also added in a heartbeat that is played throughout :D It speeds up as your time runs out so you know how close you are to the end.

This makes life ever so slightly harder, Now we are debating the full hiding of the timer we're want an immersive experience, but we don't want it to be too difficult, the balance of which is tricky :D

Diary System:

As you find and discover stuff throughout the world of Spirit Timer, you will find items which will cause Akal to note them in his diary, This system will often provide you with some additional information about the world, and also hints on where you can go next. You can view these objects at any time by pressing D: 

Diary%20Screen.png

Certain things you find will increase your Spirit Timer, so meaning you can continue playing, however be careful, don't get too destracted, as once The Saviour works out you are searching more...She will begin to play more tricks on you.

I thought I'd show a status update I'm working on too, custom sprites for the whole damn game. Right now I just want to show off Akal. I'm going for something a bit more subtle, as he is not an epic hero or a great warrior, just a guy.

post-18061-0-57609800-1369332339_thumb.png

What do you all think? Obviously a WIP, but I'm trying a few more subtle tricks, such as hazel eyes instead of a solid colour, are these things noticeable?

We have Akal's character art...You might recognise the talented artist who designed this: 

AkalNormal.png

A HUGE Thankyou to Cecillia, who has joined us and is designing the Art for Spirit Timer :D we REALLY appreciate it :P

Things have just got better and better...
The first thread has been updated with the new Character Art for The Saviour. Not only that but our beautiful Artist has started on some of the CG scenes in the game. Here's a taster of the amazing work Cecillia has put into Spirit Timer. 

New%20CG%20Art.png
And all done in an hour, can't get more impressive than that :D

We also now have proper support banners, if you would like to support us you can add the following into your sigs: 

Ld6KzCi.gif

[img=http://i.imgur.com/Ld6KzCi.gif]

or...
RbyzQvG.gif

[img=http://i.imgur.com/RbyzQvG.gif]

By the way, in spite of my review, I'll be willing to give this one another go when it's completed.

Unlike your famed character was willing to do for Nooblie's game.

Looking forward to the final production.

By the way, in spite of my review, I'll be willing to give this one another go when it's completed.

Unlike your famed character was willing to do for Nooblie's game.

Looking forward to the final production.

Your review was one of the reasons why I continued the game. It's changed soo much since you've played it. It's actually quite shocking! :P

I don't see that Jonnie has updated this information, I hope he didn't want it kept a secret. But the game will now be featuring more voice acting, Akal (Pronounced Aekal) will be receiving some voice lines. I am also personally going back and placing more puzzles through out the game, and we are adding in a bit more story.

This will delay the release some, but it will very much be worth it. Keep watching, kids, you are in for a treat.

Hello my pretties xD 

Time to bring this up again...as I've got some tasty new updates for you to devour xD

We're currently in the process of updating all of our maps, to semi-parallaxed maps. We wanted to make the game more grittier and darker than previously done so we've edited our maps quite drastically. Here's a few new screenshots:

Mayors-Home-New-Update.png

Intro-Map.png

Somini-Village-Updated.png

The NPC Sprites are currently Placeholders until we've updated the sprites to our new template. :P

I've also been hard at work with replacing all the music, with music made by myself: 

The Saviours Story

Times Demise

Akal's Soul

I like what you have with the game so far, Jonnie. ^_^  I love the little graveyard in your first post and the cracks that appear on the screen as the timer ticks down. I think it makes a great addition and will add to the tension when you are playing the game. I also like how you did the diary system. I have never thought of using moghunter's script like that so I find it very creative of you to use it that way.

The new template that you are using looks amazing as well.

I have to say, after watching the video, I can't wait till you guys release the next demo! Looks like it will be fantastic!

I like what you have with the game so far, Jonnie. ^_^  I love the little graveyard in your first post and the cracks that appear on the screen as the timer ticks down. I think it makes a great addition and will add to the tension when you are playing the game. I also like how you did the diary system. I have never thought of using moghunter's script like that so I find it very creative of you to use it that way.

The new template that you are using looks amazing as well.

Thankyou :D I couldn't find a system that I liked enough, so I decided to use the Page Template I created, and create a different style of Diary System xD It just does something slightly original and different.

That template looks better each time I see it xD  We're rather proud of that template xD

I have to say, after watching the video, I can't wait till you guys release the next demo! Looks like it will be fantastic!

Thankyou :)

We're actually considering just going straight for a full release, rather than a demo xD We've not quite decided yet...which would you guys prefer? A demo or put all of the efforts into create the full game ready to go? xD

I voted for full version since it will keep the anticipation up. What you could do is have beta testers though for people to check out bugs in your game before you release the full version. :)

I'm currently redoing The Savior due to Jonnie's preference on my signature style.

Here's a preview for the wallpaper/promotional art for Spirit Timer I drew ;w; It acts as a parallel/antithesis I'm not sure to Akal's version.

ivlbu9.jpg

So I finally finished the sprite for the MC Akal, during the down time. I actually made four sprites for him, one when he is standing still, one when he is moving, and two more of the same when he is in a dark place, so he doesn't stand out so much. Here is an example of his standing sprite.

AkalExample_zps03710bd0.png

This looks really interesting

I especially like the diary system

I love it when games give away information about the world in a more indirect way

Looking forward to this

We're not dead! 

Nope, we're just quite busy...RL has struck the entire SMC Games team (alongside an idiotic hosting service, who doesn't now how to treat there websites with respect 0_0) So I'm in the process of moving everything to a new server xD So if any of the images are broken, I'll fix them shortly...

But anywho, here's a new screenshot update: 

Bedroom%20Entrance.png

I'm still working on basically improving every single map to parallax :) i'm getting faster and it will be soo worth it in the end xD