Gambit Save Game Screenshot

Current Version: 1.00

Description:
This script will take a screenshot of the player's current location on the map when the player saves the game. The screenshot will be displayed when saving or loading a game in the bottom right window of Yanfly's Ace Save Engine.

Features:
  • Takes a screenshot of the player's location on the map whenever the game is saved using the standard scene
  • Screenshot will immediately update upon saving
  • Save screenshots are stored in their own directory (Graphics/Save Screenshots/)
  • Save screenshot can either take up Yanfly's entire save information window or be displayed in the bottom right quadrant of the window.
  • Can disable Yanfly's save information text. If the text is enabled, the text will be shown on top of the screenshot and the opacity of the screenshot can be configured.

Required Scripts:

Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Save Engine

Map Screenshot by Tsukihime

Screenshots:

With default settings (position 0, enable info false)

ebO7zIU.jpg

Settings: position 0, enable info true, opacity 200

h4OvB9s.jpg

Settings: position 1, enable info true, opacity 255

pydI4UW.jpg

Credits:

• Gambit
  • Any other necessary credits when using required scripts

Changelog:

v 1.00 - May 21, 2013
  • Initial release

Script:

Script: Gambit Save Game Screenshot Script v1.00.txt

Edited by Gambit.

I'm just trying out this script now and have hit a problem.  Whether it's a New Game or trying to load from an existing save file, I get the error message 

Unable to find file:

Graphics/Save Screenshots/Save1

I think this is probably because I am also using an Autosave script, and my first save slot has been renamed Autosave.  Is there a way around this?

Yeah, that's probably due to the Autosave script. Also, you should delete any pre-existing save files you had BEFORE using the script. If you added the script when you had no save files, then feel free to post the Autosave script so I can look into it for you.

I tried deleting all existing save files (I'd missed that this was necessary) and that enabled me to start a new game.  However, when I went to save it still produced the same error message, so here is the autosave script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsyms3xk1g6sgsk/Fixed%20autosave%20%2B%20Yanfly%20Save%20Engine.txt?dl=0

There is a minor mod to it.  Yanfly's save engine displays the number of saves, and this includes the number of autosaves.  As it saves every time you enter a new map this results in silly numbers showing, so this has been fixed to ignore autosaves when counting the number of times the game has been saved.  In case it affects things, here is that mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsb97d14j6tikv8/Waterguy%20save%20count%20fix.txt?dl=0

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Add this snippet under the Yanfly + Autosave script:

module Autosave
  def self.call
    DataManager.save_game_without_rescue($game_variables[ToddAutoSaveAce::VARIABLE])
    s = Map_Saver.new($game_map.map_id)
    s.set_scale(TH::Map_Saver::Screenshot_Scale)
    s.saveshot($game_variables[ToddAutoSaveAce::VARIABLE])
  end
end

It should start taking screenshots automatically when it autosaves now.

Edit: If using your second script to not count autosaves in the save count, use this snippet instead:

module Autosave
  def self.call
    DataManager.save_not_counting($game_variables[ToddAutoSaveAce::VARIABLE])
    s = Map_Saver.new($game_map.map_id)
    s.set_scale(TH::Map_Saver::Screenshot_Scale)
    s.saveshot($game_variables[ToddAutoSaveAce::VARIABLE])
  end
end

Edited by Gambit.

Unfortunately I've hit a snag.

In the second paragraph of post #7 I mentioned the problem of every autosave being added to the total number of saves shown in Yanfly's information.  The mod I linked to sorted that out, so that only 'proper' saves were counted.  The snippet your provided seems to negate that mode so that it now looks to the player as though over 100 saves were made in just 80 mins of game play.  This happens even though I've tried putting the scripts in different orders.  Is there a solution to this?  If not, it seems that I must choose one or the other, but not both.

I'm pretty sure that second script you linked counted autosaves both with and without my snippet. It adds needed code to not count a save, but that code isn't actually being used for it to make a difference.

Regardless, I updated my last post with a second snippet which will actually use the code in your second script for autosaves. So they should no longer be included in the save count.

You could just check if a screenshot file exists before trying to load it to make this compatible with old saves. Also, you're not deleting the screenshot when a save file gets deleted.