ToastyCheese

Toasty's Dazzling Effects(Added Stuff: 9/12/13)

Those are really nice. I think I'll use them in my game! Glad to have you alive!

Dazzle.png

Effects so beautiful, you too may fart rainbows.

• Introductory Nonsense

First of all, If you hate pink unicorns you are a terrible person. Shame on you. So for a very long time, since probably the good old days of RMXP, I've been dabbling in the creation of battle effects with a program called Particle Illusion. (Even in the 2k/3 Days i was obbsessed with ornate battle effects using a wide variety of graphics ripped..erm.. borrowed from other games.) Because of my general Obbsession for things being pretty, I've gotten pretty adept at creating unique effects by combining the base materials provided with the program with my own unique particles and custom emitters. The trouble is, I'm not sure I'm ever going to use them for myself. However, I cannot seem to stop myself from making them. It's Just too much fun!

And so, with nothing else to do with my little toys, I decided 'Hell why not. Lets share.' So here they are. Some animation effects custom made by yours truly.

• Terms of Use

-Not for commercial use.

-Not to be added into lumped collections. I will put together my own thank you.

-Mention me, I really do love me some glory.

-Use them well because if I see them used poorly, you will be spanked.

• ​Update History

​

• 3/07/12 - added Black magic pack
  • 3/20/12 - Added White Magic pack
  • 3/30/12 - Added tweening tutorial
  • 6/11/12 - Reformatting Main Post, less Image Heavy | Added Time Magic (Finished FF packs)
  • 6/19/12 - Started adding Pieces and Parts
  • 8/21/12 - Added Darkness 1 and 2 to Pieces and Parts
  • 11/2/12 - Added Fire 1 and 2 to Pieces and Parts
  • 11/13/12 - Added Ice 1, 2, and 3 to Pieces and Parts

• ​Most Recent Addition

Please use Link use link below for download,

Photo Bucket likes to re-size.

Ice1-1.png

Ice3-1.png

Ice2-1.png

FFMagicPackHeader.jpg

​DestructionElements.jpg

AspectsofHealing.jpg

AlterStatus.jpg

• Tweening in the Animation Editor

​

The Simplest way to arrange these, and really all particle illusion sheets is to utilize RMVX/Ace's Tweening function in the animation maker. Tweening examines frames between two points and fills things in based on what it looks like you are doing. It can be used to quickly do opacity changes, frame-by-frame advancement, blending changes etc. It's a very useful tool to use in general. So where is that little tweening button?

Tweening1.jpg

Ah there you are you little sneak. So the first thing you'll want to know is how many frames you'll want in your animation. Logic dictates that you will want at least as many frames as there are in one sheet (90% of the time it's a multiple of 5.) To determine what you'll need, First select an animation for your pallet. Bellow I've chosen Cura.

Tweening2.jpg

You'll next want to scroll to the end of the animation sheet, select the final frame, and place it on the target. I recommend setting the blending mode to ''normal' because they look better 90% of the time this way. See the number for the final frame? That is how many frames you will need for basic use of this particular animation. So let's set the frame count to 25.

Tweening3.jpg

Now that you've done this, Best to go to frame 1 and set your first animation piece back to frame 1. I also boosted the zoom rate to 125% since it's a Tier 2 spell and should be a little larger in my opinion. Next, copy the first frame cell to maintain positioning, scroll to the bottom of your frame list and Paste it. Change the animation frame to the final frame's number, in this case it is 25.

Tweening4.jpg

Now it's time to use that wonderful tweening button. Go ahead and click on it. You will notice several check boxes. If you want to play around with those for your own personal learning, I would highly recommend it. Tweening is a very useful tool. For now however, just leave them all checked, and make sure that all frames and all cells are noted in the tweening box, then hit OK.

Tweening5.jpg

Now you'll notice that if you hit "play," VOILA! The tweening function has magically placed all of the in between frames for you, saving you a tremendous amount of time! You are now ready to add flashes and sound effects as you see fit~

Tweening6.jpg

I hope this little run through gives everyone an easy way to use my, and other PI user's animation sheets in a simple effective manner ~

Edited by ToastyCheese
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I can't wait to see more.

Ugh. That Fire 4 Preview looks so wonky. I think i actually recorded the .gifs at a faster FPS than I should have. They look a little... wrong... I'll fix it later.

Those look pretty nice.

I'd be cool if you created some earth magic animation. Good earth animations are rare, in my opinion. =/

Also, weapon effects (slashes, stabs, punches and the like). I've seen a lot of random magic effects made out of particles, but not many weapon effects. If you could create those, it'd be great (and different!)

Really impressive animations.

I like that you made the background transparent, some people that use Particle Illusion makes black backgrouns, wich make it not possible to set normal sinteticity.

Sheets are on attached files until I find a good hosting service. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Use Drop Box and be happy: my referral link so both you and me gain adittional 250MB space or go directly to the site if you prefer

Edited by Victor Sant

It's really easy to make them transparent. Idk why no one does it.

Also the reason you don't see many slashes and weapon hits is because particles don't lend themselves easily to that sort of effect. It IS however possible and At a point I will be doing those. They will however be a hybrid of particles and vector art i'm thinking.

Edited by ToastyCheese

Man, I LOVE those fire animations! Please make some more magic animations, they are awesome! Totally going to use them if there will also be animations for other elements, healing, buffs and debuffs. :)

My primary computer is having internet troubles at the moment so uploading more is going to take a little time...

Same format so yes.

Edit: Also Thank you Victor or that. I'll use it to upload these they come. Thunder and Blizzard will be on their way up shortly. This current set I've been on a Final Fantasy Kick for. I also have a set inspired by Earthbound that will be showing up later.

Edited by ToastyCheese

These are some really nice effects you've got going here. I've been curious and on a search hunt, and not found many people that still make animations.

I can't wait to see how these overlap with my animated battlers, I tried my hand at particle effects but the best I could come up with was a little casting animation swirl :P So I know the time and effort you'll be putting into these to get them to look as good as they are!

• Like 1

These are some really nice effects you've got going here. I've been curious and on a search hunt, and not found many people that still make animations.

I can't wait to see how these overlap with my animated battlers, I tried my hand at particle effects but the best I could come up with was a little casting animation swirl :P So I know the time and effort you'll be putting into these to get them to look as good as they are!

Thank you :P If it is any consolation, I'm positively garbage at spriting and honestly I feel it's a much more skillful art so I believe you have the upper hand.

Huge Update: Way more than just Ice and Thunder.

Yay fan service~

Also, for anyone who wants to be extra super lazy, at some point i'll probably arrange them all with sounds and flashes I feel are appropriate so they can just be copy-pasted from project to project. If I feel like it.

Edited by ToastyCheese
  • Like 1

Hell yeah! Those are awesome again! :) Since your inspiration is Final Fantasy, I might add that I'd be glad to see Light and Dark animations. I think Final Fantasy does not use these elements very often, does it? At least it's not "canonical" in the series.

Great job! Many particle animations I see are just a random bunch of effects like bursts and stuff. Not that they are bad, but there are so many of those and they look so much alike that they lack uniqueness. Yours, on the other hand, do have a professional touch on them. I bet we will see many games which will use those.

Whoa, these are marvelous! Is it possible to make a 60FPS version of these for the Core i7 and/or Yanfly Engine users? If it's not too much work, of course.

Edited by Naridar

Been a little busy with life stuff and Nerdtastic costume preparations (yeah yeah I am going to AB... i'm not proud.) But figured I'd put up a few still frames of some of what I've gotten done

Few little previews :

Cura

CuraPreview.jpg

Protect

ProtectPreview.jpg

Esuna

EsunaPreview.jpg

Reraise

ReraisePreview.jpg

Holy

HolyPreview.jpg

• Like 1

Added White Pack. No previews though because making all those .gifs is mad time consuming and i need to start backing up all my files for building my new PC tomorrow. Enjoy your buffs and healing though ~