Aeon Party

Version 1.0

by Fomar0153

Introduction

For those of you who never played FFX, Aeons were summon monsters that actually replaced the party when summoned. This script allows you to recreate that.

Features

+ Customisable through events and skills.

+ Uses Actors as the aeons to keep it simple.

Video

How to Use

First copy the script into your scripts section then you'll need to set up some aeons, which are just actors. Then you need to set up summoning skills, here's an example:

SS0023.png

The main thing is the common event. Which we need to set up. Again an example:

SS0024.png

Now you can customise this more through events to set this up how you would like. With my setup, everytime you use the skill you summon an “aeon†will full health and it fights for you until it wins or dies. You can of course build on this basic structure. If you really want to fully emulate the Aeon system then I recommend not fully healing the summon when summoned and using one of Yanfly’s great scripts.

http://yanflychannel...l-restrictions/

For an exact recreation you could use the following notetag:

<restrict eval>

$game_actors[11].hp > 0

</restrict eval>

Or something similar. Other possibilities include <limited uses: 1> so each summon can only be used once in a battle. Or maybe you could use <restrict if switch: x> and turn the switch on when summoning (and then turn it off after battle) so that you could only summon one summon a battle.

Script

The most update version of this script can always be found on my blog.

F.A.Q.

No questions asked.

Credits and Thanks

Fomar0153

Can this script be used as Evolution forms for actors? For example, if this Summon monster takes 1 actors place, is it possible to have more than 1 Summon monster, each monster per each actor?

What about having said summon use TP or MP every turn as a count down? That would be great!

Can this script be used as Evolution forms for actors? For example, if this Summon monster takes 1 actors place, is it possible to have more than 1 Summon monster, each monster per each actor?

that would be awesome because then you could also use it as a transformation script :D (werewolfs, etc)

this would kill two birds with 1 stone for me :D

Edited by Kalez

This script doesn't work like that. I do plan to at some point do a transformation script so I would hold off for that,

What about having said summon use TP or MP every turn as a count down? That would be great!

You could event it. I'd recommend my Include events from another troop script if you do though.

http://cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?p=100

This script doesn't work like that. I do plan to at some point do a transformation script so I would hold off for that,

You could event it. I'd recommend my Include events from another troop script if you do though.

http://cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?p=100

I am already using the troop one :P great script. but the problem there is: you cant event tp

and if you do a transformation script, i know many people would love you :P

I am already using the troop one :P great script. but the problem there is: you cant event tp

and if you do a transformation script, i know many people would love you :P

Yes you can $game_actors[11].tp = 100

http://www.rpgmakerv...rmation-states/

good to know :D

I am using this script as well in my game, alongside Yanfly's Battle Engine. When I summon, it pops up that Death has been inflicted on the user. I cannot figure out why. What could be causing this?

I am using this script as well in my game, alongside Yanfly's Battle Engine. When I summon, it pops up that Death has been inflicted on the user. I cannot figure out why. What could be causing this?

This was an issue with the default scripts and has been fixed in the new version. Please update to version 1.1.

Question..

Does the level stay the same as the actor?

As in, the person who casted the Aeon skill, will the actor they transformed into have levels? Therefore allowing leveling monsters by your own actor to gain skills along the way?

Question..

Does the level stay the same as the actor?

As in, the person who casted the Aeon skill, will the actor they transformed into have levels? Therefore allowing leveling monsters by your own actor to gain skills along the way?

Up to you, event it how you want.

Gotta love it! Just because I still play FFX allday! Nice script! Might use someday :).

I shall look forward to someday.

Ah, Okay, thank you Fomar.

By the way, how compatible do you think this is with enu's battle system?

Edited by Pikalyze

Ah, Okay, thank you Fomar.

By the way, how compatible do you think this is with enu's battle system?

I would put this below Tankentai and then hope for the best.

Is there a way to make the script like Final Fantasy 13 summons?

Where it keeps the summoner and the summon instead of just the summon?

And when the summoner dies, he/she is revived and the summon is done?

You could certainly have the summoner join the aeon do something like:

a = $game_actors[1]

$game_party.aeons.push(a)

a = $game_actors[2]

$game_party.aeons.push(a)

in the common event. As for reviving them find:

def all_dead?
if aeon_all_dead?
  if @aeons == []
	return true
  else
	@aeons = []
	clear_actions
	return false
  end
end
return false
 end

In the scripts and make additions like this:

def all_dead?
   if aeon_all_dead?
     if @aeons == []
       return true
     else
       $game_actors[1].recover_all if @aeons.include?($game_actors[1])
       @aeons = []
       clear_actions
       return false
     end
   end
   return false
 end

Awesome script :) Is there a way to add the option of dismissing the summon before it's dead or everything else around it is?

Also, I'm using the Basic Side View (which I love, because I don't have the time to meticulously crop all the sprites and figure out how to arrange them all and whatnot for the animated one). I also have an image/spirte that represents the Aeon on the screen. Not sure if it's just this one in particular because of the layout, but it happens to send him to the right side of the screen where my party was (woot!). He's a little higher than the center of the party, and if I do as suggested earlier to keep the summoner out with him, they kind of merge into one... lol. Is there a way to adjust positioning while the summon is out?

Update: Sorry again for ANOTHER edit, but apparently when an aeon is summoned then killed, my party remains invisible... They can act normally otherwise, but their appearances are gone.

Edited by EMH Mark II

My Aeons' HP is reduced to 0 but he keeps fighting.....how do i fix this? Also how would i have it so I can dismiss him and bring in my party and do the same when the summon is killed?

Rasphere, do you have the summoned party member set to resist status dead/death?  I did and got that same result, removed that setting and got it to act normally.

Love this script by the way.  I've never scrippted before today... so I had to take an hour and play with this coding to figure out what I was doing wrong when it'd crash my system over and over again.  Problems fixed.

I do have one question... has anyone ever thought to use the blue magic script that's on this site, not sure of the author's name off hand, and the summoning like this before?  So you actually teach your summon new abilites everytime they're out in battle.

And am i right in thinking if you made a summoner class if you set it you could make it to where the summoner summoned himself as well so that it looks like he just added a party member?  And later on could learn to summon more then one at a time?  You'd have to create an event code for that wouldn't you, if you wanted it to be three random summons, you'd have to create a variable branch that allowed for random numbers and number each of the corisponding summons as variables inside the random numbers.

Am I at least in the ball park on any of that?

Like I said, I've only just started scripting today.  Only had this program a week now.  Enjoying it greatly.  -smiles-  Uh, any idea where I could get my hands on a transformation script?  I have so many uses for that...

Discovered that if you are a lone summoner and use this to summon your friend, instead of replacing the party with a summons, it adds them to your party till the battle is over.  With some work in the skill department, I can summon them and their animal sprites to the over world map.  I was wondering if there was a way to just add them to your party after you summon them?

I've got everything set up and it all works wonderfully, my issue is that when my aeon dies, the party is invisible until they act. It seems like it just takes a bit to refresh their sprites but I can't figure out how to get it to work without being invisible for a while. I'm using Battle Engine Symphony, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using this with various victor scripts and the Ao No kIseki Script by Kaba San, however, after installing this script, whenever i finish a battle, the battle freezes, and i cannot exit it. Also, when the aeon dies in battle i get " script 'actor battlers' line 559: NoMethodError occured. Undefined method `default_direction' for #Game_Actor:0x983dd90" and if i win with the aeon summoned i get another error.

My problem is the same as Animunculus' whenever I win a battle with the Aeon summoned the battle freezes and doesn't move from there

any fix to this?