Fomar0153

Transformation States

Transformation States

Version 1.0

by Fomar0153

Introduction

This script allows you to transform in battle through the application of states.

Features

+ Allows transformations through the application of states.

+ States can change your class and by extension your skills.

+ States can change your equipment, giving you more control over the transformation.

How to Use

Copy the script into your scripts then consult the instruction in the script and notetag your states appropriately.

Script

The most update version of this script can always be found on my blog.

F.A.Q.

No questions asked.

Credits and Thanks

Fomar0153

Haven't tried it yet but...

So this script will let me use a skill to change my class to something else, forgetting all my old skills and learning all the new ones up to my level in the new class? And when it expires, I change back to my old class with all the new skills lost and the old ones back?

Haven't tried it yet but...

So this script will let me use a skill to change my class to something else, forgetting all my old skills and learning all the new ones up to my level in the new class? And when it expires, I change back to my old class with all the new skills lost and the old ones back?

Yes pretty much.

Also if anyone is planning to use this with any scripts which implement battlers for the party link me to them and I'll see if I can add battler changing to the script.

Yes pretty much.

Also if anyone is planning to use this with any scripts which implement battlers for the party link me to them and I'll see if I can add battler changing to the script.

Perfect. This lets people have different stances in battle, like this guy wanted.

Three words.

Dragon Quest BeDragon. :3

Also.

Freaking awesome.

I'll have to get this and tinker around with it, always a use for something like this.

Lol you are fast! Yesterday requested, today done :) ty, that’s why you are one of my favorite coders.

So basically I can use this script to transform into whatever I want? If so, then this is what I’ve been asking Emerald so long. :P I always wanted new class in middle of fight.

Edited by DJPrichard

one question, if it matters: would you suggest putting this below or above battle system scripts?

also, this is another one of those that could really use a "timer" based on mp use or tp use :P

Yes pretty much.

do you mean like a Sivde-view Battle System?

Edited by Kalez

Lol you are fast! Yesterday requested, today done :) ty, that’s why you are one of my favorite coders.

So basically I can use this script to transform into whatever I want? If so, then this is what I’ve been asking Emerald so long. :P I always wanted new class in middle of fight.

Yes the basic function is swapping classes in battle.

one question, if it matters: would you suggest putting this below or above battle system scripts?

also, this is another one of those that could really use a "timer" based on mp use or tp use :P

Yes pretty much.

do you mean like a Sivde-view Battle System?

Errm... probably won't matter but I like to put battle systems above other scripts.

If I code the MP/TP decreasing feature it would be separate to this and would be an extension to states.

I mean pretty much any CBS that uses battlers for the characters.

I don't have to do anything for Jet's script. In his script you see the part about STATE_SPRITES well you can use them to change the sprite.

STATE_SPRITES = {

1 => "_dead",
   2 => "_poison",
   3 => "_blind"
   4 => "_catform"

}

I don't have to do anything for Jet's script. In his script you see the part about STATE_SPRITES well you can use them to change the sprite.

STATE_SPRITES = {

1 => "_dead",
2 => "_poison",
3 => "_blind"
4 => "_catform"

}

ok cool. thought so, but just wanted to be sure.

Try this:

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler

def battler_name
   case transform_class
   when 11 # class 11 - e..g. bat
     return "Bat"
   else
     return @battler_name
   end
 end
end

You'll need to edit it to suit your needs, if you need any more help let me know.

Fomar, how hard would it be to have this script to change the class of an actor based on each individual actor's id?

Here's why I ask: I'm trying to implement a system in combination with Yanfly's State Field Effects. The mage casts a spell which applies a state to the entire field. In my system, as long as the state is in effect, the skills of other party members "transform" into another version of themselves which relates to that effect.

For example: Mage casts a wind spell, and the Warrior's "Thrust" skill becomes "Wind Thrust", etc. etc. for each actor.

Using your Transformation script, I can get Field State Effects to change class, but it applies it to all actors that have the effect. Is it possible to set it up so that it changes each class on an individual basis?

Hopefully this can be done(it seems possible in my head), as it will fix the problem I'm having with Kread-Ex's Skill Fusion that I'm currently using. It works, but not as how I need it to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Try something like this:

def class
   if transform_class > 0
     case transform_class
     when 1000
     $data_classes[10 + @actor_id]
     else
       $data_classes[transform_class]
     end
   else
     ft_class
   end
 end
end

So for example the state would have <transformclass 1000> and when inflicted with it the characters would use the class with id 10 + their own ids.

Forgive my scripting ignorance, but where do I need to place this in the script? Do I replace the class Game_Actor > Game_Battler in the script with the one you posted above? When I tried that I got a script error message. I appreciate you taking the time to address this and your patience. :)

Love the script, im using yanflys everything prettymuch (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/ace-battle-engine/battle-system-free-turn-battle/ mainly) im looking not only for the class to change durring battle but the actor as well. would it be possible for the actors pic to change in the same way the class changes? dont know if that makes much since or not, i have a character that changes form and im looking for his combat pic to change as well, is that possible?

Try:

def face_name
case transform_class
  return "Monster2" # should be the file name
else
  return @face_name
end
 end

def face_index
case transform_class
  return 0 # should be 0-7
else
  return @face_index
end
 end

end

this is awesome, it changed the class to what i wanted, however i cant seem to get the face in combat to change along with the class when i use the skill to transform. the pic i have in the werewolf classes face is called son transform.png, i tried placing that in the (should be the file name) section but nothing happens. any ideas? thanks again for the quick response, this script rules

Edit: after trying this in combat in a normal game setting, the characters starting equipment becomes unequiped and stays unequiped even after the transform skill ends(4 rounds for my game so far). is there something set up in that script to reequip the character with everything he had on before the transformation? sorry for being so difficult, if i knew how to program lol >=) acctualy after thinking about it i like the fact that the character is naked after transforming into a wolf, makes more since, all the equipment goes into the partys inventory anyways. only issue im having is the face not changing.

Edited by Joyrexjrl

I have placed and set up all the script in a blank project and it all worked. The face changed and everything.

The scripts were in this order:

Ace Battle Engine

Ace CTB

Transformation States

The add on i gave you.

I have tried using it again and i get the same result, not changing class or face, still using normal equipment. its ok ill just use something else, my scripting ability is abysmal at best. thanks for trying to assist. even if i could change the class and actor using a common event that would be cool, however in combat it just changes the character all together and does not change him back ever. if there was some kind of "if else " function i could use that would be cool, if in combat stay werewolf, else change back to original actor/ class. oh well

Edited by Joyrexjrl

after clearly looking through everything and trying the script again it worked. damn my inability with scripting and not knowing what to do with it even when its sitting right in front of me. thank you very much for this script, now i can continue on this game of mine >=)

I am trying to make a Digimon based game, with Digivolutions being the problem. Your script has helped this far, but I am stuck.

I used the add on to chance the Face of the character, i.e from Agumon to Greymon. It worked perfectly. But then I tried to add a second

i.e from Greymon to MetalGreymon. When I added Metalgreymon, Agumons face would not change to Greymon when I digivolved to champion. But When I digivolved to Ultimate, Metalgreymon DID appear instead. But when I take away the Metalgreymon part of the script, greymon DOES show up.

Here is how I have it set up

def face_name

case transform_class

when 8 # class 11 - e..g. bat

return "Agumon_BlackAgumon" # should be the file name

else

return @face_name

end

end

def face_index

case transform_class

when 8 # class 11 - e..g. bat

return 1 # should be 0-7

else

return @face_index

end

end

def face_name

case transform_class

when 14 # class 11 - e..g. bat

return "Agumon_BlackAgumon" # should be the file name

else

return @face_name

end

end

def face_index

case transform_class

when 14 # class 11 - e..g. bat

return 2 # should be 0-7

else

return @face_index

end

end

end

Where 8 is the greymon class and 14 in metalgreymon. If I have this set up wrong could you please correct me?