Audrey

Actor Index Set?

I haven't quite found how to set the index of an actor mid-game a scipt call. I know the answer is probably something very simple that I'd be like "oh, durrr" to.

Also, if you set the index of an actor to Index #2 and there's already an actor there, then I think it might glitch the game, so yeah. I ask for the solution to these.

If you mean the Actor ID, then actually no.

There isn't much point to do so.

If you really need to, just copy the actor data and paste it into the destined ID.

You'll have the same actor in both and be able to call it via either ID.

However changes to one actor i.e. level, equipment, skills etc. will only show on the actor which gained them.

However I agree with Galv.  I think you mean something completely different and we don't understand.

Please elaborate, I'd love to help.

If you want to switch actors out of your party, use the change party member command.

If you want to rename your actor, use the change name command.

I'm talking about, say, wanting Eric to be in the 1st slot manually, then Terrence in 2nd, and Natalie in 4th. Using a script call. This is because when you add members, you aren't normally able to format what slot they're in.

I think you need to explain what are you trying to achieve :)

(Do you get notifications even if I don't directly quote you?)

Please don't double-post unless 72+ hours have passed since the most recent reply.

Regarding the notifications: this is different for each individual user. As you can see in My Settings -> Notification Options, there is the possibility of receiving notifications for quotes, but it could be disabled for an individual user. Anyways, back to topic.

There actually is a way of adding members at specific positions. It's a rather simple edit because the existing methods already do almost what we want them to.

class Game_Party < Game_Unit
 def add_actor_at(actor_id, index)
  @actors.insert(index, actor_id) unless @actors.include?(actor_id)
  $game_player.refresh
  $game_map.need_refresh = true
 end
end

class Game_Interpreter
 def add_actor(actor_id, index = $game_party.all_members.size, initialize = false)
  actor = $game_actors[actor_id]
  if actor
   if @params[2] == 1  # Initialize
    $game_actors[actor_id].setup(actor_id)
   end
    $game_party.add_actor_at(actor_id, index)
  end
 end
end 

Add your actor with the following script call:

add_actor(actor_id, index, initialize)

With actor_id being the actor's id, index being the actor's position in the group (zero-indexed: first place is 0, second is 1, etc.), and initialize being a boolean ("true" or "false" without the quotation marks). This works just like the "Change Party Members" event command, with the exception of being limited to adding members. Index and initialize are optional parameters.

(Edit) Also, this isn't the right subforum for this. I'm therefore moving the topic to Script Requests. Script Support is just for support with existing scripts.

It works for a fresh project, but it clashes with Yanfly's Party System. I get the error

Script 'Yanfly Party System' line 333: NameError occurred.

undefined method 'add_actor' for class 'Game_Party'

It has to do with (starting at like 330)

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # alias method: add_actor
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias game_party_add_actor_ps add_actor
  def add_actor(actor_id)
    game_party_add_actor_ps(actor_id)
    return if @battle_members_array.include?(actor_id)
    return unless @battle_members_array.include?(0)
    index = @battle_members_array.index(0)
    @battle_members_array[index] = actor_id
    $game_player.refresh
    rearrange_actors
  end

in the Party System Script

That's weird, my script does not reference, alias, or overwrite Game_Party#add_actor. It just creates two completely new methods.

What did you do to receive the error message?

Also, I just noticed a mistake in my script. It's something I copied over from a method in Game_Interpreter and then forgot to change. It is fixed in the version below.

$game_player.refresh
 end
end

class Game_Interpreter
 def add_actor(actor_id, index = $game_party.all_members.size, initialize = false)
  if actor
   if initialize
   end
  end
 end
end 

I must really not know where to put these script bits.

You just gave me them, but you didn't tell what lines and what part of which script to put them in and what to replace.

And what I'd did was just do the script call

add_actor(5, 3, true)

So I think it's a matter of not knowing where to put those script bits. I don't even know if I'm supposed to keep the

class Game_Interpreter

and the last

end

and the

and its last

end

or what.

Heheh.

Oh no, don't replace anything. Simply create a new and empty entry somewhere between "Materials" and "Main" and paste the whole thing into it.

It works.

But due to Yanfly's Party System, the added actor becomes greyed out, essentially being "Unequipped" so to speak until

you go into the formation menu and add them.

I wouldn't know if you'd know the script to know a solution to that.

Edited by Audrey

Fixed a bug that occurred when the index specified in the method call was higher than the amount of party members.

If an index is too high, the actor will now be inserted at the last position instead of crashing the game.

$game_player.refresh
 end
end

class Game_Interpreter
  if actor
   if initialize
   end
   index = $game_party.all_members.size if index > $game_party.all_members.size
  end
 end
end 

I'm having a bit of trouble with this. Would you know how to make it so that actors added using the script call you gave me are active and not grayed out, in compatibility with Yanfly's Party System?

The reason I started this topic is because I'm trying to make a dead member switch script. When you add a member through an event call, they take the last index. So I wanted functionality to where you select a member to switch out with when an actor dies. I already have a way to choose which members in the party. It was just the indexing that I had trouble with. And now it's the fact that with that Party System script, when you script call add a member, they aren't active until you add them in the formation menu.