Sign in to follow this  
estriole

EST - SUIKODEN SAVE/LOAD SCENE

EST - SUIKODEN SAVE LOAD SCENE

v 1.1

Creator name : Estriole

Introduction
    This script recreate Suikoden II Save and Load Scene.

Requirement

- Yanfly Party System script

- Any imaged named "savebackground" sized 544x416 in system folder (if you don't change the configuration

Version History

v1.0 2013.07.02     >     Initial Release
 v1.1 2013.09.26     >     Add confirmation window (Yes / No)
                              >     Patch for moghunter adv_load bar.
                                     put this script below moghunter adv_load bar script.
 v1.2 2013.11.14     >     Support custom resolution. also add configuration for max save (if using 640x480 we can fit 12 save slot)

Feature

- Suikoden Save and Load scene (not 100% exact scene but at least almost the same)

- Support MOG Advanced Load Bar. so you can have now loading screen when loading / saving file.

Screenshot

to get the exact look like this you need to have the correct window skin.

save%20screen%20with%20right%20window.jp

Script

http://pastebin.com/RvwaaNEV

Demo

Link

in the demo contain the savebackground image (credit suikoden author for that)

and suikoden window skin files (in system folder)

taken from http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14481-suikoden-ii-window-sets/

credit  hytporsche69 if you decide to use it.

Credit and thanks

- Estriole

- Hororo for requesting this script

Edited by estriole

Alright, thanks. I did come across a problem, though - it appears your script is not compatible with Nicke's XS - Core Script. Something about the DataManager module, I think. Any ideas?

::EDIT::

Okay, nevermind that. Turns out I had apparently commented out a couple of lines and that somehow managed to work with MOG's script that way, but not with yours. But then I un-commented the lines and it works great, so we're good. :P This looks quite awesome. It still overrides MOG's Loading/Save scene script, though. Doubt I can get those to work together, but.. we'll see. Again.. could just use it for another game instead of this one.

Edited by Dark Messiah

@dark messiah: suikoden save script is actually use new scene (not modifying Scene_Save class). but i use hijacking technique that i invented to redirect the Scene_Save to that class instead. so it will always override any save script. i do that since you cannot use two save script anyway. it might conflict each other. also game design wise. it would be strange to see two different save scene.

just curious though. do you mean you want the "Now Loading" screen part only ? (means after choosing the file there's some now loading text. some image. and some bar showing the progress?) if yes. that's actually different script than mog save and load... it's called MOG - Advanced Load Bar

so i updated this script to v.1.1

update content:

- Add confirmation window (Yes/No) (in case you choose wrong slot :P)

- Add patch for MOG Advanced Load Bar

put my script BELOW MOG Advanced Load Bar script. and you'll have some nice loading bar when saving and loading files.

@dark messiah: suikoden save script is actually use new scene (not modifying Scene_Save class). but i use hijacking technique that i invented to redirect the Scene_Save to that class instead. so it will always override any save script. i do that since you cannot use two save script anyway. it might conflict each other. also game design wise. it would be strange to see two different save scene.

just curious though. do you mean you want the "Now Loading" screen part only ? (means after choosing the file there's some now loading text. some image. and some bar showing the progress?) if yes. that's actually different script than mog save and load... it's called MOG - Advanced Load Bar

so i updated this script to v.1.1

update content:

- Add confirmation window (Yes/No) (in case you choose wrong slot :P)

- Add patch for MOG Advanced Load Bar

put my script BELOW MOG Advanced Load Bar script. and you'll have some nice loading bar when saving and loading files.

Thanks for the update :) Really helped out.

The script needs to be updated to support different resolutions. At 640 width, the save file windows do not line up properly with their selection boxes.

sure...

i already updated the script to v1.2 (grab the pastebin again)

i didn't update the demo yet since i'm at work. when i got home i'll update the demo too.