KudrR7d.png

Abstract: The first choice driven Pokémon RPG.
Genre: RPG
Game Progression: Total progress: Demos are up!
FINAL 1.0: https://www.mediafire.com/?56g7a5ff5e1750b

SPECIAL:

EDIT: TheOneGinge playing!!! Check it out:

EDIT: Brapchu playing!!! Check it out(It is in German):

EDIT: mAsk Sloniger playing!!! Check it out: 

EDIT: Sneaky Sableye playing!!! Check it out: %5Bb%5D%5Burl=http://godra.wikia.com/wiki/Godra_Wiki'>http://godra.wikia.com/wiki/Godra_Wiki
EDIT: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS AND EDITS THE WIKI!!!
EDIT: We have a Tumblr now! Check that out for Pokemon related pics and posts! I might even hold events there! %5Burl=http://pokemongodra.tumblr.com/]http://pokemongodra.tumblr.com/[/url]

EDIT: We have a Reddit page now! Check it out! %5Burl=http://www.reddit.com/r/pokegodra/]http://www.reddit.com/r/pokegodra/ %5B/url%5D

Please report any bugs or problems here in this topic, or on our Wiki page under Known Bugs!

RELEASE DATES: SPECIAL NOTE: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS BUGS!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

October 13th - Demo 1.1
October 20th - Demo 1.2
October 27th - Demo 1.3
November 3rd - Demo 1.4
November 10th - Demo 1.5
November 17th - Demo 1.6
November 24th - Demo 1.7
December 1st - PRE GAME RELEASE
December 8th - PRE GAME RELEASE 2
December 15th - PRE GAME RELEASE 3
December 23rd - PRE GAME RELEASE 4
December 29th - PRE GAME RELEASE 5
January 5th - No update, due to family trip. Sorry!
January 12th - PRE GAME RELEASE 6
January 26th - BETA VERSION 1.0 (TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES! PLEASE SEE POST! DELAYED - January 27th!)
February 2nd - No Update... It's my birthday!
February 9th - Beta Version 1.1
February 16th - Beta Version 1.2
March 2nd - Beta Version 1.3 - Travel Between Regions!
March 9th - Planned Hotfix Day for Beta 1.3 (No new features, just fixes)
March 12th - Hotfix Day for Beta 1.3 (Fixes)
March 16th - Beta Version 1.4 (New Features)

March 30th - Beta Version 1.5 (Final Beta before Final Version)

July 17th - Beta Version 1.6

September 13th - Beta Version 1.7

November 9th - Beta Version 1.8

February 15th - Beta Version 1.9
June 28th - Final Game 1.0

Final Game 1.1

Story:

The land known as Godra has long been considered by many as the one region no trainers wished to visit. Frought with constant tension between the region's two governments, Godra is a land known for its harsh conditions and outbreaks of violence. However, in recent years the region has experienced a relative calm. East and West Godra are far from a violent encounter, despite the militarized zone near the border crossing at White River. For the first time, trainers are visiting the region that began many proud traditions, such as instructing the first Pokémon Professors and establishing the first entity known as the Elite Four.

Day to day life for a trainer seems very free, but constant regulation is always hovering overhead. The Trainer Coalition, formed eleven years ago at the end of the last conflict between East and West Godra, governs how all trainers behave while on the continent. This neutral entity seems to constantly meddle in affairs of state, putting pressure on both governments to uphold their regulations for all trainers. Meanwhile the Elite Four, situated high in the Ebony Mountains, continues their constant quest to ensure the safety of all trainers on the continent. Some suspect that the Elite Four have been researching the legendary and mythical Pokémon, while others believe that the Elite Four are working to capture and contain these powerful Pokémon. The reason for these suspicions is that few trainers ever see members of the Elite Four anymore. The Trainer Coalition seems to have the only direct link to these powerful trainers, and they only call in the Elite Four when something has gone out of hand.

In East Godra, trainers enjoy a 'hand's off' style of governing. Only a handful of police officers patrol the clean cities, and even fewer soldiers ever set foot into those streets. There are many opportunities to work with Pokémon in East Godra. Holly City's College, world reknowned for instructing such legendary personalities such as Professor Oak and Professor Elm, still welcomes new students aspiring to become Pokémon researchers. The Safari Zone, established nearly a hundred years ago by the Elite Four, still operates in Osier Town and often hires young trainers to work on the grounds. The Trainer Coalition also hires young trainers in a variety of fields, such as regulation enforcement and Pokémon research.

Trainers who make West Godra their home are accustomed to an entirely different life with Pokémon. The highly militarized, heavily industrialized land of West Godra is home to a much tougher breed of trainer. The two main employers of trainers here are the military and private security forces. Many youths find themselves training to defend their country. Eventually, these same youths find themselves patrolling the streets of such cities as Omoth and Abyss, or watching over the border at White River.

You are a young trainer, anxious to begin your life with Pokémon. Professor Weiss, one of Godra's esteemed researchers, has been preparing you for weeks. Together you filled out your registration to the Trainer Coalition, the very registration that determines which Pokémon the Trainer Coalition sends to you. Finally the day has arrived and you go to the lab, excited to meet your first new Pokémon friend.

There are many things to experience in Godra. Many stories await you, but only so many paths are possible. Your choices will determine which future you will have with Pokémon. Will you become the new Safari Zone Warden? Will you rise through the ranks of the military? Or, will you train hard in the hopes of leading the Elite Four? These stories, for the first time in Pokémon history, are your own. Gone are the days of filling up a Pokédex mindlessly. Only Pokémon researchers are qualified to carry such an advanced piece of equipment. A brand new adventure with Pokémon is laid out ahead of you.

What will you do?

Character Bios:

Professor Weiss: The esteemed Pokémon researcher. He has several labs scattered across Godra. He was once a trainer of some talent, but those days seem far behind him. These days, he globetrots around, excited to discover as many secrets about Pokémon as he can. He is especially interested in watching over young trainers, hinting at his own rocky start with Pokémon.

Ken Albright: The head of Albright Industries, the largest manufacturer in West Godra. His ambitions, once upon a time, built a small Pokémon-oriented company into a monster of industry. Despite being a rich, successful leader of industry Ken still manages to find time to experience life with his longtime Pokémon partners.

Misty Kasumi: A lead investigator of the Trainer Coalition. Her drive to see all Pokémon living in a safe environment has brought her to West Godra, a region famed for pollution and rough environments for Pokémon and trainers alike. However, something more than her job with the Trainer Coalition has brought her to Godra. What that is, she won't say.

Fausto Orgin: A mysterious trainer. Clearly experienced, this trainer often appears wherever trouble is happening. His heroics have made this vigilante an outlaw in West Godra, and something of an idol in East Godra. 

Greg Shokubo: A friendly trainer with a clouded past, Greg is often found resolving issues quietly across West Godra. He rarely steps in when the law is concerned, but can always be found trying to stop the War Party's plans.

The Elite Four: Very little is known about the members of the Elite Four, other than the fact that they were all at one time young Pokémon trainers who rose to prove themselves at the summit of the Ebony Mountains. Many suspect that these Elite Four members look after the legendary Pokémon on Godra.

There are many more people to meet on Godra!

Credits:

Enterbrain
Nintendo
Game Freak
Creatures Inc.
Pokémon Essentials
%5Burl=http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/]Poccil[/url], and the entire Pokémon Essentials team.
Gen VI Sprites: Smogon, Layell, as well as everyone who worked on the Gen VI sprites: %5Burl=http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-the-face-of-the-metagame.3486712/]http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-the-face-of-the-metagame.3486712/[/url]
Including: Noscium, Red Rooster, Wobblebuns, Bynine, Arkeis, Legitimate Username, Wyverii, Mos_Quitoxe, Branflakes325, aXI, TeraVolt, Dleep, CoolStoryBrobat, Quanyails, GeoisEvil, princessofmusic, N-Kin, Seiku, paintseagull, Sleet, zermonious, elcheeso, Corson, and if I missed anyone or misspelled anything, let me know!
Unique sprites courtesy of Lead Character Designer: Dawnskitty :)

Screenshots:

SCREEN2.png
screen7.png
screen10.png
EDIT: Explore Godra, the largest region in Pokémon RPGs! Here, you might need a town map!
townmapcopt.png
L0e8f0N.png
wlgmoXU.png?1
GsPHj0f.png?1

EDIT: Pokémon Godra gameplay trailer!
%5Burl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inl1thSM--o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inl1thSM--o[/url]
Features:

*All 718 Pokémon available to the player, no trades!
*Several mini-games!
*New Jobs!
*New, Huge Region!
*Original music! Plus old favorites!
*Day/Night System!
*Relationship and Good/Evil systems!
*128 Possible Starter Pokémon! The Complete List is below:

wP9zgwA.jpg
Guide courtesy of Gx75 :)

Support:

%5Burl=http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/16496-godra-region-pokémon-rpg/]lRoNnB6.png[/url]
Support banner courtesy of Daruda!

Known Game Crashing Bugs:

There is a bug that occurs upon startup at times. It will give you an error message to the effect of pbspecies initialize 78. Working on fixing this bug permanently, althought right now there doesn't seem to be any way around it if you get it. Does not always occur, however, and multiple tries may solve the issue.

Tired of cancelled Pokémon Fangames? This is the game to watch!!![/b]

Edited by GregWilder

This looks potentially interesting, but I've been hurt by pokemon fan games before, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I like what you did with the starts, I had something similar on my pokemon table top game, before I decided to say screw it and went with Eevee as the starter, and created evolutions for every type instead.

Yeah, I've been disappointed before too from fangames. It's definately coming along though, so I should have no trouble making my deadlines. (I'm ahead at this point). Demo should be complete a little early too, so I'm very excited.

The playthroughs of Godra are going well! A complete demo of the game should be up in late September, just like I thought!

I'll post the download link in the main post, and from there you will be able to playtest the game yourself!

Once you get the game, if you can contact me with any bugs you find, that would be much appreciated!

DEMO OF GODRA RELEASE DATE: 9/29/13!

The demo version of Godra is going to be available for download as of 9/29/13, this Sunday.

What you will be able to do:

• Play through the first two badges of either region!
  • Play through your first quest!
  • Buy your first home!

Most of Godra is being populated at this time, so many of the other quests and gyms are empty, but the full version of the game is still expected for late November.

Keep an eye out for the demo!

One of the things I'm noticing while playing the demo is that some choices come too quickly, and it's easy to accidentally choose things before you even read the text.

I don't know, maybe it's just me :P

Also, the Pokemon I started with, Ralts, has no attacking moves, and starts only with Growl. I have yet to test this on other starters.

Edited by Axio Belmot

Oh dear... That could be a problem!

Yeah, I tried slowing the choices down, but then they took forever... I guess try not to button spam? :/

I'll try to fix this.

I think what I'll do is recustomize the starters to make sure they all have an attacking move to start... Good news is it should be possible to catch a pokemon before you need an attacking move... Just a thought, but I will seriously scour the starters for this problem.

Thank you for that! That's pretty serious!

Edited by GregWilder

If you started in West Godra, just run up Route 1 and avoid everyone to get to Omoth. The mart is on the first street.

If you started in East Godra, there's a mart in Holly City but there's also a guy who sells you one right outside of town. :)

Well! Due to numerous bugs and game-halting errors, I've decided that I will be releasing periodic updates to Godra Version throughout this month, culminating in a final version released on November 30th, and probably updated on December 7th and 14th with fixes and other updates, so I'm planning on one final release for December 21st.

Demo 1.1 will be up tonight, probably late tonight! This includes a new city and badge for each region, as well as new trainers and expanded plots!

Exciting!

Again, if any bugs are found whatsoever, please post them here to this topic and I can fix them for the next demo update next week!

Demo 1.2 will be up late tonight! Updates include two new cities and two new badges! Exciting!

Due to some rather odd and serious bugs in East Godra, East Godra will be expanded upon for the next release!

I am very excited, if not a little overworked. However, full game is still expected for December 1st! From there updates will be applied as needed.

That...that's a lot of starter Pokemon!! :o 

I've never really been a fan of Pokeman games (yeah, I know), but this looks very interesting. I like the interface you have, and all your graphics look authentic ^-^

The backstory is wonky in my opinion because it doesn't seem to fit into the Pokemon Universe, but the gameplay and eventing is great from what I've played.

Did you get the everything from Bulbapedia, because it took me forever to get the first badge with a Ghost Starter: Litwick. The AI for Gyms are pretty good, too.

Hey guys! Thanks for your posts! I have a few things to say and one thing to announce, so here goes!

So,

The backstory is wonky in my opinion because it doesn't seem to fit into the Pokemon Universe, but the gameplay and eventing is great from what I've played.

Did you get the everything from Bulbapedia, because it took me forever to get the first badge with a Ghost Starter: Litwick. The AI for Gyms are pretty good, too.

To answer your question, a great deal of things came from the Pokemon Essentials kit, which is a nice kit to use. It takes a while to relearn how to use RGP maker, but it's totally worth it. Some things I did pull of Bulbapedia because they weren't in the set, and some things I just made. I am a terrible artist, so I'll be the first to admit some things I added could be of much higher quality...

And, as super weak a comment as this will be on my part on the backstory, that's kind of what I was going for. :rolleyes:  I know, I know, EVERYONE says that about their game when it comes to percieved negative criticism, but I actually take that as a super complement! I grew up with Pokemon games, and I loved them. The sad thing was, they didn't grow up with me (how could they?), so this game is really a reflection on my childhood, my own feelings and emotions about growing up and moving on. I hope once the main storyline is complete, that will be readily apparent. Thanks for noticing though, I had a friend tell me that he thought the storyline was great and I just shook my head at him. <_<

Tomorrow night, demo 1.3 will be up! I let in an outsider to work on East Godra and he... well, let's just say I have a massive amount of work to do to fix what went wrong there. So West Godra will be updating only for a while, at least until I catch up.

I'm super glad that my game doesn't feel like a typical Pokemon game. Above all else, that was the goal! That and making a really tough game. (Hopefully evident from Kristie's Kecleon! ;) )

I hope you all will enjoy some of the expanded story and gyms, towns, and such as I make Demo 1.3 available tomorrow!

I have been playing your demo, and as there is a new version coming out today it could very well be fixed. But I wanted to let you know two bugs I have encountered, both in Holly City:

1. When applying for registration, on the last question, if you choose Dewgong (I assume any wrong answer) the interface simply closes and you can now walk about freely, even through objects. You cannot leave the room as you can no longer interact with the door. This can be easily fixed, however, as simply talking to the administrator again will allow you to take the test again, as if you have never attempted it.

2. There are several berries outside the Holly University. All of them are pickable, except the Nana Berry. If you try to pick it, you will receive a script error, and the game will crash.

Edit: 3. When going in farthest building on the left lower street, the tall one, going upstairs actually takes you to the second floor of the same building on the street above. Therefore coming down will put you on the first floor of that building, and exiting will reveal you are now in a different area of the town. Considering what the guy at the entrance says about 'entering houses and hoping for the best' I'm not even certain this unintentional.

Edited by FishOnHead

I have been playing your demo, and as there is a new version coming out today it could very well be fixed. But I wanted to let you know two bugs I have encountered, both in Holly City:

1. When applying for registration, on the last question, if you choose Dewgong (I assume any wrong answer) the interface simply closes and you can now walk about freely, even through objects. You cannot leave the room as you can no longer interact with the door. This can be easily fixed, however, as simply talking to the administrator again will allow you to take the test again, as if you have never attempted it.

2. There are several berries outside the Holly University. All of them are pickable, except the Nana Berry. If you try to pick it, you will receive a script error, and the game will crash.

Edit: 3. When going in farthest building on the left lower street, the tall one, going upstairs actually takes you to the second floor of the same building on the street above. Therefore coming down will put you on the first floor of that building, and exiting will reveal you are now in a different area of the town. Considering what the guy at the entrance says about 'entering houses and hoping for the best' I'm not even certain this unintentional.

1. Jeez, okay that is very strange. Thanks for noting that, I had never done that myself... That shall be fixed. Hopefully.

2. This will also be fixed.

3. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What??? That's awesome. I wish it was intentional. Actually, wait, I'm the creator... I can say whatever I want! Yes, it was intentional :3

And yes, it will be fixed as well...