Sign in to follow this  
Rinobi

Message Width and Position

To get straight to the point, I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the message/text width and position within a message window.

Here's the Problem...
aProblem1.png

In the example above, the text is being pushed a little too far to the right. I would like to reposition this and/or increase the width of the message so that it's closer to the character picture.

aProblem2.png

Here, the text is being display under the picture. I want to resize the message width and/or position so that it wraps correctly.

I want the text to wrap just left of the character picture...

I'm scripts that I'm using are:

ATS: Message Options by modern algebra

Neo Face System 2.0 by Woratana
Word Wrapping by KilloZapit

Since Message Options uses scrolling to display additional text when there's more than four lines worth, manual line breaks isn't really a good option. I'm also aware that I could use the linebreaks probided by Word Wrapping, but that doesn't fix the first issue. If anyone could tell me how I would go about fixing this, I would appreciate it.

I'm heading off to work now, I'll check this post for replies tonight. Thanks in advance.

I haven't worked with scripts before so I can't help with them. I have used the one by Yanfly called Message Ace(?). Within that script, you can adjust the indention of text when facesets/busts are used which would help your first problem.

Also, their is another message system script (can't remember the name ATM) that is specifically designed for busts on either side of the text box. You try that one out. I know its on this site in the master script list under message systems. I believe it has a demo as well.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't worked with scripts before so I can't help with them. I have used the one by Yanfly called Message Ace(?). Within that script, you can adjust the indention of text when facesets/busts are used which would help your first problem.

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/
I'm gessing you mean \px and \py, \px[] setting this value to 230 or so sort of rememdies the problem, however it isn't compatible with text wrap. Once there's a  line break, the text returns to it's default position. So this isn't really a fix either.

lso, their is another message system script (can't remember the name ATM) that is specifically designed for busts on either side of the text box. You try that one out. I know its on this site in the master script list under message systems. I believe it has a demo as well.

I've had the master script list open in another tab for the past few days... I haven't seen anything like this. It seems like you may be talking about the system used in Princess Princess? Either way, I'm not really looking for another script to fix this(unless there is one), I would really like to know how I would adust the maximum width of the message box without affecting the window. I would also like to know how to adjust the position as well, but this is of lower priority.

Modern algebra recently release ats face option. You might want to look at that. Basically could replace face with potrait (can even animated).

Thanks, I'll go check it out now.