Jet

Miscellaneous Options

Miscellaneous Options

by Jet

Introduction

Even with the release of Ace, some very popular configuration was left out of the editor.

This will allow you to configure a few things not included in the editor.

Features

- Font Confiuration

- Window-Size Config

- High Priority Game Window

- Savefile Location Changer

- And more...

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dxm0cvcp

Credit

Jet

AAAAAHHH! Incredible! F*cking unbelievable! Explendid! I almost wanted to chanfe my game name to the one that is in the APPdata configuration!

You're the man!

Nice script Jet ^_^

I suggest that you cache the window handle as not caching it has been known to cause performance problems in XP and VX.

It may of course not be a problem in Ace, but if you are not caching it then I suggest that you at least try to assess the impact of not doing so.

I also suggest you try to see if the SAVE_IN_APPDATA feature works with strange user names.

I believe that Jenisé caused problems in XP unless you used the short name of the path.

*hugs*

Hi, I know it's a bit late to ask this, but I am having difficulty with this line:

Font.default_color = Color.new(0, 0, 0, 255)

This changed the Title font color just fine; however, I am attempting to change the game's default font color (not outline) to solid black (or a shade of grey like (99, 99, 99, 255)) , as I am using lighter colored yellow window backgrounds.

No matter what I do, the solid color at the core of the font never changes, yet I can italicize, bold, change outline colors, change size, change the font itself...but still cannot change the actual color of the font itself to anything other than solid white.

I have been searching for weeks online for anyone else who had this problem...nothing. I have even searched for VX Ace games where anyone has used colors other than white for the font. Nothing.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Ok I tried this and it literally destroyed my game, everything that I had worked on is now gone and I can't obtain the data

to and continue. Also I guess I should change my sig to show nothing cause what was in my sig was the game I was working on.

can't obtain the data

What do you mean?

I looked at the script and it should only be moving the save files to another folder.

Unless there is something inherently dangerous about win32api calls that may corrupt your own data files.

When I had to do a hard reboot[i.E. cut power off to my computer] I went back to try to remove this script

I got unexpected file format.

Luckily I changed the game.rvproj1 file with another project's game.rvproj2 file and it worked and i removed the script.

What caused me to do a force shutdown was this script caused major computer freeze, making it to were I couldn't even do the

what is known as the three finger salute[ctrl+alt+del] to shut down the game.

and that was with the script as is.

Oh, maybe this script is not compatible with certain OS.

Lol I was thinking of using win32api but if it poses such reliability risks...

Edited by Tsukihime