Sign in to follow this  
Draaloff

Pages Of Death 3.8

Pages Of Death 2.0 2.1 3.0 3.1 3.8

RMVX-Ace, Masterpiece Theater

Story / Setting / Purpose:

There isn't really a story, except when you beat the game, and then everything makes sense.
You are in a forest at night and must find 15 of the 25 pages while escaping Death.

Character Bios:

There is a male and female character. You play as yourself in the game.

Credits:

Created By
Francis L. Holman - A.K.A. Draaloff

Extra Scripts By
Tsukihime
Galv

Music & Sounds By
Helmut Hampton
Isaque Brandão
Kevin MacLeod

Graphics By
VXA RTP

Special Thanks
Connor Holman - A.K.A. Yoshiatom
Richard Gadsdon
Harry McLennan
Tom Blakeney
Con Yannakis
Jake George
Gary Thorp
David Thorp
Chigoo

Screenshots:

Screenshot%2B1P.png

Screenshot%2B2P.png

Screenshot%2B3P.png

Download:

3.8 DOWNLOAD LINK

Trailer:

2.1 TRAILER LINK

Known Issues:

There is a small chance that the chase music can replay once you get a page while chased. It is rare. The game still works, even if this happens. Getting another page or getting a game over fixes the problem.

WHAT'S NEW:

Hard mode added (get the log cabin page and win to unlock it)
Credits updated (I added myself in other areas)

Log cabin page updated (it looks different to the other pages now)
Dashing disabled (I forgot, but I fixed it now)
Hidden Easter egg (you didn't read that one. You say you did? No, it's your imagination)

All kinds of awesome new stuff in 3.8, you will have to find out by playing!

Unfixable Stuff:
Music bug (something in VX Ace itself causes it, nothing I did should trigger it)
Death can't kill you when you are not moving (I can't fix it, but it doesn't mess up the game)

DANGER!!!
DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE .EXE
SERIOUSLY, DON'T.

Edited by Draaloff

Sorry for taking such a long time to d/l it, draalof! I'm usually not home at weekends (rehearsals/concerts and when I'm home, wife's attention! hehehe).

I'll play it tonight and as soon as I can I'll post a review!

Wow, I must have not appeared last weekend! Anyway, thanks for checking it out Sughayyer! An important note, hard mode isn't quite fully developed yet, I guess that means I'll have to make 3.1! I forgot about it, so the "True true final version" will probably be 3.1! I need to keep a closer eye on things!

Posting at 01:50 AM - I need more sleep!

first concern:

i wasn't able to piece together the pages, even after numerous attempts. the clock always ran out on me.

second concern:

for a game that only has one map...it is very bland. if you're basing your entire game onto one map, take the time to make it stand out.

i would tell you i like the game, but i am disatsified because i could not beat it, Lol.

Keep trying! Also, the map has got four corners. And the log cabin is in one of them...

One of my friends beat the game first time! You just need to learn the maps a bit and you'll get it! If you are REALLY stuck, I actually have some maps I made. I could always show you them.

To tell the truth, I'm not a fan of puzzle-like games, but there is such a real effort in the atmosphere of this game that I felt immersed in it. Really, I freaked out when the ghosts were about to get me!

I was not able to beat it yet (actually, my time is always too short on the second semester, due to work), but I liked it.

I missed some things like power ups/surprise items... like a surprise box that could either give you a few seconds or STEAL time from you... eheheh that would be cruel :)

The music is nice, and the only thing that was a bit lacking, graphically speaking, was on the choice of the "tree wall" tiles, since it appears full of black stripes for me. Otherwise, everything a-ok.

Good work!

Thanks for such positive feedback!

I missed some things like power ups/surprise items... like a surprise box that could either give you a few seconds or STEAL time from you... eheheh that would be cruel :)

I hadn't thought of that, I may add it in soon, as it wouldn't take long to make.

the only thing that was a bit lacking, graphically speaking, was on the choice of the "tree wall" tiles, since it appears full of black stripes for me.

I could request or search for something that looks a little for interesting.

Great game dude! It looks fun, I'll check it out later today once I finish on what i'm working on and might do a let's play on it.

A let's play, could be interesting! Just make sure you make another one for whatever appears in the next version. My main focus is working on hard mode because it is really easy right now. I'd prefer it if you didn't show how bad hard mode is in the let's play (if you can collect 15 pages, that is!). Also, keeping the code hidden if you win would be helpful too.

Is it really 5:00 AM!? I have been awake too long.

Great game dude! It looks fun, I'll check it out later today once I finish on what i'm working on and might do a let's play on it.

A let's play, could be interesting! Just make sure you make another one for whatever appears in the next version. My main focus is working on hard mode because it is really easy right now. I'd prefer it if you didn't show how bad hard mode is in the let's play (if you can collect 15 pages, that is!). Also, keeping the code hidden if you win would be helpful too.

Is it really 5:00 AM!? I have been awake too long.

noooo it's 1:43am... lol my time!

and sure, i'm mostly just going to be comparing to my game.

and sure, i'm mostly just going to be comparing to my game.

I have actually been wondering how you got some things to work, like the (random?) events. I plan to make a sequel eventually, and some knowledge of how your game works would be really helpful.

Why did I get up before 11:00 AM? I'm regretting it.

Pages Of Death 3.8 is now available! The download in the first post has been updated!

Food poisoning can't stop me! I'll keep on fighting until the end!

EDIT: Download now ready!

Edited by Draaloff