Actually you dont need scripting knowledge... All you have to do is use the database or events with script calls...

Here a step-by-step instruction for an example:

- We want to create a recipe book for blacksmith

1. create a new item and call it "blacksmith recipes"

2. enter the note field of the new item

3. first line write "<recipe book>" to tag this item as a recipe book

4. next line would be "<category: 1>" to tell the book, it is of category 1 (In the script's configuration area, the categories should be "["Alchemy", "Blacksmith"]")

5. We define our recipes area in the next line with "<recipes>"

6. in the next lines you can define the items, weapons and armors this recipe book should contain. Therefore you use the following structures:

"i: id"

"w: id"

"a: id"

(You can also add multiple items in one row: "i: id1, id2, id3, id4")

7. end the recipes area with "</recipes>"

8. Now go to your items you defined to be recipes for the book and for each of these items, define the ingedients

9. begin the ingredients area with "<ingredients>"

10. Use the following structures to define ingredients:

"i: 3x5", where 3 would be the amount and 5 the item ID

"w: 2x7, 5x8", where 2 and 5 would be the amounts and 7 and 8 the weapon IDs

"a: 6x2", where 6 would be the amount and 2 the armor ID

"c: 2000", for currency, where 2000 is the amount

11. end the ingredients area with "</ingredients>"

Now all you have left to do is give your party the recipe book ingame.

If you now call the menu, you should see the crafting entry, which opens the crafting menu. There you should see all your defined recipes, if you have the book.

I hope this instruction was detailed enough^.

hello.thank you for the script,i have some problem i hope u can help me :( i downloaded a demo for see ho to do,i do all the same in my project but nothing,i can't see any recipe on the recipe book :( what's wrong? :( and i want ask if there is the possibility to see the stats of the weapon.

Same error as squallstorm - It appears on line 464 when you select a weapon:

draw_icon(ing[0].icon_index,0,line_height*i)

yPfQHfR.png

At first I thought it may have been a yanfly script conflicting, but it's just an..odd error. Everything but Weapons seem to work correctly.

I have decided to try and give the system a go, and it works marvelously.

I was just wondering, would it be possible to remove the sorting without breaking it?

I mean, I will be working with "crafting stations" and I feel some things

don't make a lot of sense. And the fact I have these "weapons" "items" and "armors"

tab only makes it feel messier.

Especially since I feel Cooking or training units (Yes, I used it for that too)

doesn't make much sense if done from the "Items" tab.

Another thing I was wondering is, would it be possible to make a recipe produce more

than one of an item? (I can do this already using common events, but still)

Let's say for instance, being able to produce 20 arrows from 1 wood and 1 iron?

Hey there  :D

Is there any way to add a level system to the crafting categories?

I'm currently using the script for cooking, blacksmithing, etc.

The script works wonderfully so far.

Just hoping I could add a level system that I could use to make

players work up to higher level recipes or make events that only

trigger if the player's cooking level is over 50 for example.

Thanks

Hi, awesome script you got here ^^

However, I have been running into a small problem.

I'm making an RPG where only shopkeepers (Smiths and tailors) are able to craft.

I can cancel the Crafting button on the menu, so that's fine, however

it wouldn't make a lot of sense if the player had to learn recepies for shopkeepers to craft.

Is there a way (I have zero knowledge of scripting) in which I could automaticly learn all the

recipies without having to use a book/item?

Thanks in advance

Hey there :D

Is there any way to add a level system to the crafting categories?

I'm currently using the script for cooking, blacksmithing, etc.

The script works wonderfully so far.

Just hoping I could add a level system that I could use to make

players work up to higher level recipes or make events that only

trigger if the player's cooking level is over 50 for example.

Thanks

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17560-crafting-script-v37-updated-10272014/

This is a more complicated script focused on different perks/levels.

It might me more helpful in your scenario.

Actually you dont need scripting knowledge... All you have to do is use the database or events with script calls...

Here a step-by-step instruction for an example:

- We want to create a recipe book for blacksmith

1. create a new item and call it "blacksmith recipes"

2. enter the note field of the new item

3. first line write "<recipe book>" to tag this item as a recipe book

4. next line would be "<category: 1>" to tell the book, it is of category 1 (In the script's configuration area, the categories should be "["Alchemy", "Blacksmith"]")

5. We define our recipes area in the next line with "<recipes>"

6. in the next lines you can define the items, weapons and armors this recipe book should contain. Therefore you use the following structures:

"i: id"

"w: id"

"a: id"

(You can also add multiple items in one row: "i: id1, id2, id3, id4")

7. end the recipes area with "</recipes>"

8. Now go to your items you defined to be recipes for the book and for each of these items, define the ingedients

9. begin the ingredients area with "<ingredients>"

10. Use the following structures to define ingredients:

"i: 3x5", where 3 would be the amount and 5 the item ID

"w: 2x7, 5x8", where 2 and 5 would be the amounts and 7 and 8 the weapon IDs

"a: 6x2", where 6 would be the amount and 2 the armor ID

"c: 2000", for currency, where 2000 is the amount

11. end the ingredients area with "</ingredients>"

Now all you have left to do is give your party the recipe book ingame.

If you now call the menu, you should see the crafting entry, which opens the crafting menu. There you should see all your defined recipes, if you have the book.

I hope this instruction was detailed enough^.

I'm sorry, I really don't understand the category section. May I please ask for some help?

I have everything working, however I can't seperate the crafting elements to work only for certain aspects.

ie: 

How do I make it so I can have my anvil give me weapon, armour smithing,

but my alchemy table only opens up potion crafting?

and my tanning/crafting station opens bows/leathercraft stuff?

I've been messing with your script for 2 weeks now, and I really can't figure this out. 

I'm sorry if this question has been answered, as I've went through the entire thread and didn't see anything about it :/

Please give me a basic understanding, and if it involves adding anything to the script, please state exactly where as I've been modifying it, but my results only end in errors lol.

Thank you if you respond~

This might have already been answered, but how do I make separate crafting lists? I mean make it so that you can only craft certain items on certain places, for example you can make weapons at a forge but you need a campfire to cook food. I'm not really too confident with scripting so any help would be appreciated!

Not an error, but a question. 

Is it possible to add a recipe that makes multiple of one item? 

For example, use up 1 Iron Ore to create 10 Nails? 

The number you can make would be automatic, so to avoid division and such, and would be just like any other recipe. Is this actually possible?

Hey Szyu, thanks a lot for making and sharing this script!

I have some trouble getting it to work. I've created a recipe book item, and it displays the correct items, but I can't seem to craft any of the items when I press enter, even though I have all of the ingredients. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Had one item serve as both recipe book and crafting system caller. An extra item fixed it.

Edited by Beekah

Sorry that I didnt take a look here for a while... Now that I am back to RPG Maker business, I will answer your questions regarding the crafting system and try to fix errors... It would be nice if you could just put the errors below this post, so I dont have to search through all the previous posts :)

So, I'm doing something special with my credits: i'm characterizing the script writers of the scripts I'm using, so, would you like a particular sprite and/or specific dialogue for your characterization? and yes, i'm using this script.

Perdon por mi ingles, no es mi idioma nativo. Y estoy usado google traductor
No creo que ha estas alturas este mensaje sea leido y mas viendo la ultima fecha de publicación.
Estoy usando Szyu's Crafting System y me encanta.
El juego que estoy desarrolando, se basa practicamente en el sistema de crafting, en el cual matas monstrous y te haces su armadura, como en el monster hunter.
El problema que veo, es que despues de avanzar bastante en el juego,  y probar que todo funcione bien, me he puesto a crear mas monstruos, al probar que las recetas esten bien,me va perfecto, pero al continuar partida, esto no se me actualiza. He mirado en las notas y pone que el error esta corregido, pero en mi caso no es así.
Uso la version 1.9 

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

"Sorry for my English, it's not my native language. And I'm used google translator
I do not think that this heights is this message is read and more seeing the last date of publication.
I'm using Szyu's Crafting System and I love it.
The game that I am developing, is based practically on the system of crafting, in which you kill monsters and you make your armor, as in the monster hunter.
The problem that I see, is that after going a long way in the game, and to prove that everything works well, I have started to create more monsters, to prove that the recipes are good, I'm perfect, but as I continue heading, this does not update me I have looked in the notes and it says that the error is corrected, but in my case it is not like that.
I use version 1.9"

Edited by Rikifive
Added quick translation by Google /// Traducido por Google: Traducción rápida agregada por Google ~ Estamos abiertos para todos, pero al menos agregue lo que pueda para ayudarnos a comprenderlo. Gracias.

When I use this script it corrupts the savefile if I have a recipe book in my inventory...wich means that if I save the game with a recipe book in my inventory than leave the game, when I come back I can't load it