syvkal

~[Passive Skills VXAce]~

Passive Skills VXAce

Version: 1.1

Introduction

This script can be used to make 'Passive Skills' or 'Abilities'.

These are skills that will always be in effect and don't need activating.

This is done by assigning any skill you want a 'Dummy' weapon. It will then inherit any features and parameter changes you add to your dummy.

Terms of Use

Please read the Script Header ;)

Features

• Passive Skills / Abilities
  • Hide Specific Skills
  • Hide Skill Types from Battle

Screenshots

N/A

Script

Click Here

Instructions

Put it under the Materials Section

Important

Requires my Notes Field System

Further instructions can be found in the script header.

Compatibility

Should work with most things...

Author's Notes

I'm quite happy with how this one turned out, so please report any bugs and I'll try and fix them ^-^

Edited by syvkal

Quick warning to ward off the IT DOESN'T WORK people.

This works for the features/traits tab just fine.

It does not apply the dummy weapon's base stats, only it's features. So if you want a passive state with a MaxHP boost, it's via percentage, not +25HP on the weapon's stats itself.

Not exactly what I wanted, but works nonetheless and doesn't seem to be making any compatibility issues. :)

If you really want....I'm sure Syvkal or I can make HP boost a straight number instead of a percentage....

And the script works just fine for me :)

BTW @Syvkal....You might want to change the title :P

Cheers Nelderson xD I'm not careful enough with copy and pasting :P

@Wheresmy5bucks: Yup it just adds the features, I may add something extra to include its stats, I didn't think about that as I was quite happy with just percentages :P

Updated to Version 1.1

• Minor Bug Fix
  • Parameter Changes are inherited from the Dummy - as requested by 'Wheresmy5bucks'

Edited by syvkal

Can you tell me what scripts you're using, what version of the Notes Field System you have and have you wrapped the text in the attack and defend skill in '<' , '>' ?

Do you think about updating the script?

If so, I would suggest the possiblity to set up Passive Skills like the ones in Diablo, that buff other spells.

A passive skill would add say, +50% damage to all Fire Skills. This could be done by modifying a variable value, that is included in another skills damage formula, when the skill is learned.

I would love that feature!

Sincerely

When starting battle, I get a Sintax error on the Note Field System Script, on line 99. "Unexpected '}'. Any help?

Same error.

When starting battle, I get a Sintax error on the Note Field System Script, on line 99. "Unexpected '}'. Any help?

Same error.

I FIGURED IT OUT! Just remove the notes in the defend command in the skills menu.

That'll fix it.

Syvkal, your script is amazing

But can you help me with compactibility?

My project is use Equip Learn Skill from Fomar0153 with AP Learning System

When I gave passive skill to my equipment with unlearn condition like +50 HP the skill it's worked, my actor gain +50 HP

but when I remove my equip, that passive skill still there and not removed.

how can this script come like FF IX ability system with AP

you know in FF IX has many passive skill in their equipment skill learning system.

Thanks, I hope you can solve my problem.

Great script! I can really use this in my projects. I was wondering if you could make it work with yami skill equip. The abilities work if they are equipped or not (which is fine) but it would be cool if they had to be equipped. 

Anyways, great script!!

compatibility problem, I used Emerald Skill Tree and this script doesn't work

I experiment by making 2 character, one that learn +50 ATK by leveling up and another that learn +50 ATK with EST

I changed the skill type so it shows up, both actor has the skill but only one got +50 ATK passive

I don't know how it does with another skill learning script other than EST

all I know is that this script doesn't detect EST's skill learning

If so, I would suggest the possiblity to set up Passive Skills like the ones in Diablo, that buff other spells.

A passive skill would add say, +50% damage to all Fire Skills. This could be done by modifying a variable value, that is included in another skills damage formula, when the skill is learned.

Sincerely

You are going to need something like Victor's 'Element Strengthen' script for that.

Actu

Sincerely

You are going to need something like Victor's 'Element Strengthen' script for that.

Actually, it can't work with Victor's 'Element Strengthen'. I have tried it. Maybe it is because of the fact that 'Element Strengthen is using tagnotes while the passive skill script uses the traits of the dummy weapon. Can anyone fix this, making them work together?

I have found your Passive Skill script very interesting and useful for my project. However; when I create a passive skill following your guide, it causes me an error every time I call up a in-game menu. I have your Note Field System script ready.

Firstly, I created a skill with type is "Skill", scope "None", and occasion "Never". Then in put <:passive => 62> in the notebox for linking with dummy weapon id 62. However; when I playtested and called up in-game menu, the game stopped with error read "line 203: NoMethodError occurred. private method 'select' called for nil:NilClass".

Please advise whether I did some mistakes.
Thanks!
  •  

I have found your Passive Skill script very interesting and useful for my project. However; when I create a passive skill following your guide, it causes me an error every time I call up a in-game menu. I have your Note Field System script ready.

Firstly, I created a skill with type is "Skill", scope "None", and occasion "Never". Then in put <:passive => 62> in the notebox for linking with dummy weapon id 62. However; when I playtested and called up in-game menu, the game stopped with error read "line 203: NoMethodError occurred. private method 'select' called for nil:NilClass".

Please advise whether I did some mistakes.

Thanks!

•  

I'm getting similar issues, a demo of how to do this would be nice.

Edited by GethN7