Dmariin

Fun and Games With Dmariin

Well, I've done it...
I went and got some recording software, and starting tomorrow, will be doing Let's Plays
This topic is to put in a request to have your game played on my Youtube channel, here
I'll try to highlight the features of the game, along with things I like and dislike
I'm by no means going to be reviewing the games and giving them scores, but I will critique them
So, I guess I should establish a few rules.
I can't be too much fun, after all :D
Don't worry, there's not really much, and it's pretty much all common sense

RULE 1:

I will play games in the order they are submitted, unless asked by the poster not to do so.

I might make exceptions depending on the length / genre of the game to mix it up a bit

Note that this does not mean I'll complete it in one go

If a game is fairly long, I'll intersperse gameplay of the long one with gameplay of the next on the list

RULE 2:

I'd really like to play everything that gets requested, but there are some times I just can't do that

Obviously, anything with adult content is right out

Language and gore are fine, just nothing with excessive nudity (tasteful and artsy is fine in moderation)

Also, if a game is broken to the point no progress can be made, I'll put it on hold until the problem is fixed

RULE 3:

I'm willing to play any genre of game, as long as it's got gameplay, or something to keep it somewhat interesting

Horror, action, adventure, whatever, even if it's just a demo, or if it's a 30-hour masterpiece

However, I won't do visual novels, or anything of the sort

It's not that I don't like them, it's just frankly not interesting to watch someone read

CURRENT REQUESTS:

IN PROGRESS

ACCEPTED

DECLINED

ON HOLD

ADVENTURES OF MR. BIG T 2

LIFE: MINI TOWN (BETA)

10 MINUTE INFINITE

COMPLETED REQUESTS:

Click a game to watch the episodes!

LOST WOODS

THE LAST PIRATE QUEEN (DEMO)

That's about it, it's pretty simple really
Feel free to leave requests for me to play your games
I'll begin LP'ing tomorrow afternoon, so if you're looking to get in early, leave your requests by then :D
Thanks, and I hope I get to play some fun games!

Edited by Dmariin

Do you just do RM games? Cause its always best to start off with smaller games,and I have in mind a couple short-but-good RPGs that could help you get into LPing as a whole.

If you want to, feel free to take a look at my game here! There should be enough info there to give you an idea if you'd be interested in playing the style of game - it's fairly standard RPG fare. It may be a little long for a Let's Play with about 2 hours of gameplay, but I like getting fresh eyes on my stuff to see what I have missed.

And I've gotten a few great reviews already, so if anyone wants to go before me that's fine~ Just thought I'd put my game out there.

This game of mine, it's a very beloved classic RPGMaker game of old era. It's a parody and makes fun of many rpg cliches. Stay away from Sexy Sex Show Off 2 and you'll just see a pixelated penis on a girl and some pixelated boobs on strippers. BIG T 1 is included and it's mostly just a short going through what happened in the original first game (That was lost until just recent year) to summarize it to be able to better enjoy 2nd.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5208/

If your fonts come out broken kinda like here.

font.png

You need to apply this font patch.

http://vgfuture.com/host/givemebeer/rm2k_fp_001.exe

Looks pretty funny!

I'll try that out.

I might start today, depending on how much I do of Pirate Queen

Great, MISTER BIG T is easily the strongest RPGmaker character ever created, perhaps one of the strongest in any medium. You'll see what I mean when you see who/what the first boss of the game already is.  ;)

Good news and bad news:

Good news: The first two Pirate Queen videos are up

Bad news: Mr T refuses to record correctly for some reason

I'll work on figuring it out, but until then, it's on hold

Good news and bad news:

Good news: The first two Pirate Queen videos are up

Bad news: Mr T refuses to record correctly for some reason

I'll work on figuring it out, but until then, it's on hold

Have you tried playing it in windowed mode and recording it like that?

Playing in Windowed/Flickering in screen/Turning scaling off

To go windowed Press F4. F5 changes the screen native resolution or puts the scaling back on and if you experience flicker in full screen, I suggest pressing F5 once to go native resolution and if you have good editing software use it to get rid of the black borders.

Actually, I think the problem was with the font patch for whatever reason

I played in windowed originally with the patch and it was playing back weird

I took that off and it seems fine in windowed now

Maybe it was just a little bug with my recording software, though

Another game I played had to be heavily edited since it kept flickering, even though it hadn't before

The problem was more likely with my software though, can't really imagine the font patch causing it...

So I'll probably finish all of yours tomorrow, it seems short enough to do that

Edited by Dmariin

Actually, I think the problem was with the font patch for whatever reason

I played in windowed originally with the patch and it was playing back weird

I took that off and it seems fine in windowed now

Maybe it was just a little bug with my recording software, though

Another game I played had to be heavily edited since it kept flickering, even though it hadn't before

The problem was more likely with my software though, can't really imagine the font patch causing it...

So I'll probably finish all of yours tomorrow, it seems short enough to do that

Did you try resetting? It's strange that is not what the font patch even does.

Hey I got two games for you, each of them can be played under 5mins depending if your good or not, like those endless runners on IOS.

1: Lost woods, Horror game based on slender man, Your goal is to collect all eight pages and find the end crystal.

2: Endless teraFiy, this one is basically a twin stick shooter (like) game, Your goal is too kill as many enemies as possible and gain the highest score possible.

Links: 

Lost Woods [The Horror Game] - Masterpiece Theater - RPG Maker VX Ace Forums  [RECOMMENDED] 

Endless TerraFiy - Masterpiece Theater - RPG Maker VX Ace Forums

PS. Both these games took me 2 days each, with endless taking me a little bit longer due to... I actually forgot but yah.... 

If you wanna try another awesome game that will take a bit of time to play try

3. LIFE: MiNi Town, this game is a life sim where you can do almost anything, this game is still being worked on and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being done, I am 8-9 months into development, and it's not even close to being finished.

Link:

LIFE: MiNi Town BETA v2.0

I've been kind of interested in all 3 of those for a while but never got around to playing them...

I'll start with Lost Woods and I'll probably head on to the other 2 after I finish Big T

Update:

I've added links to completed series

To go to the episodes, just click the name of the game under "Completed Requests" and you'll be directed to the Youtube playlist

Also, finished off Pirate Queen

Flarify, if you're around, it was amazing and I can't wait for the full release :D

*Looks around frantically*

The clicky pens are planning an uprising... Hold me! I'm scared!

BTW I'm your tenth subscriber! Congratzlez!

Edited by Jeff-Andonuts

Since I'm having LP withdrawals and also enjoy seeing people play my stuff, I'll throw in my request here. It's a full game, 10 Minute Infinite. Completion time usually ranges from 50-65 minutes. Gameplay involves doing weird things to gain levels as opposed to grinding. More info can be found in the thread itself. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Jeff!

Movin' on up it seems

Vincent, I've seen your project and for some reason I have yet to try it out...

Which is perfect because I'll be going in fresh tomorrow when I start the LP vids of it

Well, probably after I do some other videos I promised I'd finish I swear I'm doing them please be gentle ;_;

I'll drop by the topic and give it a look

I have to say, your LP style is nice. There was honestly never a dull moment. I greatly anticipate future commentary.

On the technical side, you may want to stretch the video to fill the YouTube box. It feels squished. Other than that, you're doing a great job.

Edited by Vincent

Thanks, it's a pretty fun game to play!

The video size was a problem for me...

Or maybe it wasn't? 

I can't seem to remember, but I think I tried stretching the first RM game video I did, and I think it ended up distorted because of that

I could be wrong, so I'll try stretching it

Hopefully you're right and it looks better!  :D

I really can't wait to see more of your videos of BIG T 2. I want to see you try and beat the final boss, the last guy who made the let's play against him took 8 minutes to beat the final boss. The final boss is by the way, one of the strongest RPG maker bosses ever, only really outdone by the bosses in the sequels.  :ph34r:

Update: "I'm not dead, I swear!"

After spending months in a coma resulting from a sword fight with my arch nemesis, I was unable to do things... That and college. Mostly the coma though.

New stuff coming soon!

I've got time now, so I'll pick up where I left off!