Vlue

Basic Options Menu

Basic Options Menu v1.1
By Vlue

Introduction
Ever had people complain your sound effects were too loud? Or music maybe? If they have, or if they haven't, there's this script now.
Provides your players with an options menu to do things like... change the volume of bgm and se and etc... woo.

Compatible with Basic Window Resizer, Basic Message SE, and Basic Autosave just so I can have a cooler screenshot of an options menu!

Features
- It's an option menu. So you can option menuy things. Like change the volume of BGM or SE.

Screenshots
Options.png

How to Use
Plug and play! Or setup as needed in the script itself.

Script
Grab it on the pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/LjRsUGeH

FAQ
Nada

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free to use in any project with credit given, commercial or not!

Author's Notes
I wasn't kidding, Basic Autosave and Basic Message SE were just created to make that screenshot better.

Edited by Vlue

Yes! Now I don't have to make my own! :D Great script! I'm definitely going to have to use this! :)One problem, and maybe it's just my browser... But I can't see the screenshots. The spoiler won't open for me.

Guess there is just a problem with the site.

After seeing the screenshot... HOLY COW! It's even more amazing than I imagined! 

Edited by KevinFrost

One problem I found with this is that I tried it in a room where I have a BGS of the ticking clock. When I lower the Master Volume, you can hear the Sound Effect of the adjustment getting lower, but the BGS stays the same level no matter what.

One problem I found with this is that I tried it in a room where I have a BGS of the ticking clock. When I lower the Master Volume, you can hear the Sound Effect of the adjustment getting lower, but the BGS stays the same level no matter what.

Indeed! The BGM and BGS volumes from the map wouldn't be decreased until replayed, fixed that up on the pastebin so it does so now~

Hello Vlue, great script!

I have an small problem. When I use the "Fullscreen" option it goes fullscreen, but then if I want the game windowed again I use the "Normal" option. However the game stays at fullscreen at doesn't go in windowed state.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you.

544x416. I'm not sure if it's another script which is causing conflict, but I tried on a fresh project and I have the same problem.

Please check out this screenshot:

If I select "Fullscreen" it actually goes fullscren, but when I select normal it just keeps ticking the "Home" windows icon like if it will go windowed, but it doesn't goes in windowed mode at all.

Regards.

For some reasons, the options such as "SE" option and "Resolution" options don't appear in my game.

Even thought I have both "Basic Message SE" and "Basic Windows resizer" in my game, what am I doing wrong?

Did you add them to the WINDOW_ORDER in this script? Also double check that you spell it correctly (and if it says :message for message se don't listen to it, it's really :message_se)

For sure, I can look into that!

I like this script better than Yanfly's because it allows you to memorize your choices, i.e when you turn on the game it remembers the last choice.

Allowing custom choices would be great with custom description and the ability to chose either ON or OFF

say for example

Switch ==> Name of Choice ==> Description

1        ===> "Bla bla bla named option!!" ==> "allows you to turn bla bla bla on its great choice"

I hope you do it because that would be Awesome

and keep up your Awesome work.

I already use most of your Amazing scripts.

I've encountered a little error :)
Whenever I Win a battle the fan-fare will play but at the same time the BGM will overlap it causing a terrible combination.

I have no other scripts installed and I haven't edited the script one bit 

Edited by Mysticaler

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I have a question to the script creator! <3 I'm a new comer to Ruby coding and I'm getting an error on line 61 that states class Scene_Options < Scene_MenuBase is occupied. I tried changing the Scene titles around and then it would claim that the script it's self would occupies on it's self. So it refused to run on my play test. I've put all my junior knowledge into the script but I am at a loss at this time. Could someone maybe be able to assist me with what I am doing wrong? ^-^;

Thanks for reading. <3

EDIT:

So I was able to fix my problem on line 61 finally but now I'm stuck on something that is beyond my understanding.

This area with the alias options_create_command_window create_command window is making a error that I can't figure out. It says it's undefined? I'm unclear of what it means in the terms of coding. I copied the section that goes in this area. Again sorry to be a bother. I also added you on steam I figured it may have been easier but I'm still posting here just in-case! <3

class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase
  alias options_create_command_window create_command_window
  def create_command_window
    options_create_command_window
    @command_window.set_handler(:options,   method(:command_options))
  end
  def command_options
    SceneManager.call(Scene_Options)
  end
end
Edited by GaryRobbins

2 hours ago, xSydRowex said:

The one issue

I hope you have learned by now that you can wait a day or two before posting on another forum since you now have the answer on rpgmakerweb.

Just to notify others looking at this. issue is basically solved.