Tsarmina

Hm. This One...or That One...?

Which story should I make into a game? (Read post first)  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone! It's me, Tsarmina! :)

So what's the matter with me, you ask? Not doing any games? Never heard of you actually making a game!

Well...

I am actually making games. I'm just too lazy to share. Anyway!

As I'm sure all of you (none of you) know, I am an artist, but I've always also been a writer. And recently, I was inspired by the idea to make a game for each of my stories! Of course, I have around 12 of them that I'm currently working on right now (and about another 15 mounted on the bookshelf currently located to my left as I type away on this glitchy laptop of mine), so to make a game for all of them would be a lot of stuff to handle, even for a multitasker like me. 

First things first (or in the middle, I suppose): I'm not really sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this, but there seemed to be no better place and this seemed the most relevant, so I put it here. Just saying.

Moving on...well, since you probably noticed the poll at the beginning of this post, before you vote, I strongly suggest you figure out exactly what you're voting for. Since I have so many stories, I can only handle a few games at a time. But I love all my stories so much, and I can't figure out which ones to start with =.="

For some strange reason, I've already started on one of my stories, Ariel, as game. But I'm moving with it, and I want to take up another one because toiling away on this single game is getting to annoy me. Especially since I can't find the motivation to actually draw my characters, for some reason.

So I'm telling you guys the basic plots of my stories, and you get to vote (up top) which story you think I should turn into a game first! And here goes. (This may take several edits...and don't laugh at my weird plots, please.)

The Shadow Kingdom

This is a Victorian story about three girls, and magic. Wednesday is not your ordinary main character; she's sick, weak, and usually fragile; her sisters Winter and Willow are the beauties of the land. Yet it's Wednesday who gets swept up in the unusual affair of light and dark, kings and queens, and the bittersweet hatred of shattered love. It's Wednesday who becomes cursed to live in eternal darkness. It's Wednesday who learns that it's not simply black and white, but all in shades of grey.
Author's ramblings: This is a trilogy. I know the light/dark thing sounds cliche, but that's the point. It seems cliche and turns out to be not-so-cliche. You can check my sig for the link to my website, where all my stories are. :)

(Ariana Story)

Ariana, a Swiss princess living in Sion, Switzerland, is always a fun-loving mischievous girl. But when a strange visitor comes, Ari knows something's up. That suspicion is confirmed when Ari realizes her best friend has been kidnapped by the most infamous villain in Swiss history! Posing as a boy, the adventurous princess embarks to find her friend, traveling with an unlikely crew of bandits who used to be the villain's henchmen but have turned against him. Too bad Ariana's also in love!

Ramblings: Another cliche-sounding plot, right? Don't worry, it's not. And it's surprisingly humorous, as a bonus! ^^ This story has no title yet, that's why it's in parentheses~

Alice in Wonderland

Alice is stuck. She think she's falling into depression, and her life has gone through so many twists and turns that she can't even feel her love for ice skating anymore. And she's been having these dreams...dreams of a sleeping queen, and four handsome kings. During a pleasant stroll in an attempt to smooth her consternation, Alice falls down a rabbit hole after seeing a strange white rabbit. Little does she know what this fall will bring her: this seemingly harmless new world is actually a trap for her, to keep her held in the confines of this land forever. But with whom?

Ramblings: Most people know this story, if not everyone. But guess what? My story's different! Probably the biggest change is that sans Alice, all the characters' genders are switched! That means I have a Mad Hattress, and a King of Hearts. I also have several characters that I made up by myself ^-^

Lost (or Loste)

Nearra lives in a world of dragons. She's always admired them, but also feared them. Sailing with her siblings in an attempt to find the famed land of dreams, Caecus Pretiolapis, Nearra is separated from her family. And that's when the real dragons come. But they aren't who she thinks they are. Delving into a strange new world of priestesses, dragons, traitors, and Apparitions, Nearra befriends people from ninjas to pirates, and eventually reunites with her beloved siblings.

Ramblings: I actually started this story years and years ago but never finished it. (All these stories are WIPs. Caecus Pretiolapis is actually a Latin assemblage of roots; caecus: unknown, pretio: precious, lapis: stone. I intended for the name to mean "hidden gem."

The Phantom

Caspian and his family are steeped in poverty. His sister is blind and sick, and his father is a drunkard. So it's up to him to run the family. Living two lives: rich outside and poor at home, Caspian is in for a shock when the emperor announces that the overwhelmingly ruthless dragon population must be brought down. It's a good-paying job, and he's up for it. But Caspian's life is about to take a turn, coming to terms with his life, love, and family, all while trying to sustain an image of his true personality and moral self.

Ramblings: This is one of my faves. (LOVE Caspian; he's hilarious to me.) There's a lot of deeper stuff to this story, and it's not really too much fast-paced breathy action, but it's still funny ^^

Witches of Reilli

Samantha Heard appears ordinary. School, phone, computer. But an incident with the FBI tells her better. She's an Earth-born witch from Reilli (a planet), and so are a few of her friends. Teaming up with the FBI and a group of other Earth witches, Sam tracks down a scary young witch who's been causing trouble by possessing souls. Thrown into this new world, Sam learns about her history, her power, and the thing only she can do to recover her lost planet.

Ramblings: Okay, I admit this is not my best summary ever. There's just too much in this story to recap T.T This is another trilogy (I <3 trilogies!), and I'm actually a third of the way through the third and last book, right now at about 326 pages and counting. This may not seem like an intriguing plot, but I personally think this is one of my best works. I just have to get through all the editing >.>

And there you have it! I didn't put up all my stories that I'm working on, just so you guys don't get overwhelmed, and I haven't completely posted the plots for sake of interest and suspense. If you want to know a little bit more about my stories, you can visit my website at storyworld.page4.me

Take a look, cast a vote, and tell me why!

Tankya~

Edited by Tsarmina

To me, The Phantom has the most potential for a game. I would even go as far as to say it's the better story here.

The character has a real motive from the get go, and it's one most of us can believe. Not honor. Not some magic purpose. But because he has to support his family. This could be a good start for all sorts of in-game plots. It also sets up a good conflict with the dragon thing. It could also make for some interesting gameplay where the protagonist starts off relatively normal, and has to kind of build himself up to that hero form to defeat the worst of the dragons. Could make for a really hard game if you wanted.

I would be careful though if I were you. You mentioned it's not super action-y. That's fine if the action isn't a main part of the game, but keep your ideas straight. If you make light of slaying dragons in favor of family issues it will look kind of silly even if it's meant to be serious. Emotional drama and hardcore action require a careful chemistry to work together.

I won't comment more on the quality of the story itself since these are only short summaries, but I definitely feel like that one has the most potential to make a good game.

Second to that I will say Shadow Kingdom. I think a weak protagonist has some potential  for all sorts of unique game things and stories.

The last one I would say would be Alice in Wonderland. I've never liked anything Alice in Wonderland related, and probably never will.

The Phantom sounds the most like an RPG for sure, but I'm tired of seeing games like that to be dead honest. I'd favor to see a game different rather than the normal: TAKE THE DRAGONS DOWN type of motive (Maybe I'm just reading wrong if that isn't the motive?), but nevertheless It sounds like a great story. It is just me, but I would definitely aim for originality when it comes to making a game. (Since you said Caspian is funny, I'd love to read his script hehe. I'll check out your story!)

Shadow Kingdom and Witches of Reilli were my absolute favorites to read. I smiled a bit while reading the summaries, didn't find Shadow Kingdom that cliche either (Just the dark and light aspect). I love to see heroines that are flawed and I'm a honestly a sucker for modern/witches/heartbreaks. Those two in my opinion have the most potential for an awesome game.

The least liked for me was Alice in Wonderland since it's so overused and I probably wouldn't look at the game if it was based on that story. I never liked it either, hehe >.<

You're going to probably hate me for this but I null voted with reason. Only you would know if when you flesh out these stories if it can become an RPG, they're all good in their own light, heck I do even have a personal favourite in there, but it won't mean anything if you can't flesh it out and where you'd take the story , plus if you can't you'd just ruin it for me  ^_^

The characters in there you express knowledge of them on a personal level, we don't, you know what way they're going to go, how they'll grow, sometimes it's best left to a story and not something which which is interactive. 

It's a twonk of a reply and not what you'd intended this topic to be but we can't see your entire picture of these stories. One idea I would put across is to try and compile things together, bring Caspian over to another world - instead of being thrown into a whole new world in Witches of Reilli just make the initial part of the story a Prologue. You get general idea of what I mean  :ph34r:

Heya! Thanks for all the replies! ^-^

@Blindga: I understand what you're saying about the action. Honestly, the action is probably going to end up mostly in one big blob in the middle :\ I totally get you though. Though I've always been picky about using the word 'slaying' >.>" It just makes me feel shivery, for some reason.

@Cecillia: Heehee. It isn't the real motive (I mean, yes there's 'dragon-hunting' if I dare use such an unlikely word to ever be found in my stories; but it's not the main focus). There's a lot of moral stuff, and yes, humor! Though I feel I'm giving myself a little more credit than I deserve, Ariana is probably my funniest story. ^^" And thanks for looking at my stories! I get the feeling I really haven't done much to tell people HEY LOOK AT THIS, so tankya~

I have to agree that WOR (Witches of Reilli) and SK are two of my favorites. I work on WOR daily and I'm honestly trying to get stuff done in SK, but there's just so much to put in, even for just the first book >.<"

I suppose that's two people who don't find too much in Alice, then. I'll keep that in mind :)

@Holder: Aww, I don't hate you. As long as you have a good reason for null voting (which you did), then I wouldn't even think of being mad. You are right, and I suppose my spoiler-paranoia kind of got the better of me there. And it really is all how the game comes out, though I was just wondering which one you would think is best. But it's all good, so. ^-^ Ah, I really wish i could merge stories >.< in fact, I've done that with a couple just because I have too many ideas floating around my head. But I've already developed WOR too far to bring in characters like that T.T But I'll keep than in mind in case I have other stories that could use such a method, thanks. 

Thanks everyone for your replies! I encourage you guys to tell others about this because if there's one thing I like, it's feedback :D

You said Ninjas AND Pirates in 'Lost'... that alone makes me want to vote for it :D

But I actually think Witches of Reilli would be the most interesting and unique (unique to me at least hehe). It gets my vote.

So I'm indecisive. Shadow Kingdom hehe

Edited by Galv

I have a very soft spot for genderbending, so that ranks Ariana's story high, BUT I'm not that keen on things based on fact unless it has a fantastical twist (I hate history, somehow it's always boring or frustrating because people are stupid.)

Shadow Kingdom also sounds very good, actually it kinda makes me think of a FILK song I know (just a little) "The Duke's Eldest Daughter". I like the concept of a notably weak hero that gets thrown into intrigue.

I have a soft spot for old stories with new twists so your Alice in Wonderland sounds interesting, but I would suggest adjusting the title a little so people don't think that you're just making the Alice in Wonderland story... "Alice's Wonderland" or "Wonderland for Alice" would get across the connection but also the twist of your content at the same time...

Witches of Reilli sounds fairly typical to me, actually makes me make a connection to Witch Hunter Robin, Lost Girl (the TV series) or the Dresden Files (never followed the series but have heard a lot about it) Your summary probably doesn't do it justice but to me it seems like something overdone unless you can spice it up some more...

Lost also seems a bit atypical, starting out with a separation and then a desperate attempt to find the ones you lost meeting a lot of different people along the way that help with the journey... Just seems rote to me.

In the Phantom it sounds like Caspian is a courtier hiding his poverty, it actually seems pretty interesting, but I'm not sure about a game unless it was like a visual novel or choose your own adventure where there's a right time for everything and the connections you make to keep Caspian's life in order and running smoothly are the key to the game... I think it'd be hard to pull off well and if you do do it you will have to put a lot of work into it.

So overall I'm at a bit of a tossup between the first two... but I think I'll support Ariana because I love genderbending.

I wasn't sure what to vote T^T Wish i coulda voted for two of em!

It sounds selfish but I went for Alice In Wonderland just cos I'm a sucker for twists on famous stories. Even though it's not all that original and I'd probably like all the other games more when I actually pay em, I'm just curious and really wanna know more about the fun genderbending...

So er... can you count that as a vote for "would like to see more info" about that game, not necessarily I've already decided i wanna play it?

Shadow Kingdom would actually be my top vote for what I wanna play! It sounds intriguing and mysterious and very un-cliche. The mere presence of light and dark worlds isn't cliche if what you do with them is wild and original! Also i like the idea that the main character is sickly and not super beautiful, but to be honest I'm kinda suspicious of whether you'll really do that? No offense intended but the vast majority of games on this site have thoroughly strictly cliche anime art styles where everyone looks super similar and perfectly pretty. (No offense intended to those games either.. it looks quite cool even if it's cliche!)

So yeah what I'm saying is that I'm sick of seeing a character that the text SAYS is "not beautiful" but the character portrait doesn't look remotely different to anyone else. If you genuinely want the character to look ugly or even plain, you've gotta make that come through in the art or else it ruins immersion. It's like "huh, are the text boxes lying?" XD

'Course this could be a non-issue if you actually are an awesome artist who knows how to draw non-pretty people, but I can't tell that just from the story summary thus I composed this possibly-useless comment! XD

i vote for the witches.

because it's quite unique that witches is actually an alien :D. but about the new world... it's better if another setting take place. how about the past?

like long time ago. aliens arrive at earths. they live and blend to society. some do some wicked things because they know some sorcery. but one day the witch hunting era comes and eradicate most witches from earth. only a few witches family left on earth.

in present time young dangerous and ambitious witch manage to master the spell of time and open up a portal to the past and try to rewrite history (to make sure the witches win in witch hunting era. erasing all native earthling...). then main character is a earth born witch (maybe make it even half witch :D). and recruited by the human (FBI) to fight the antagonist witch. since witches can only fought by witches.

@Galv: Decisions, decisions. ^-^ But not I just sound conceited >.< Glad to see ninjas and pirates get good reception; personally I think Lost has the potential to go far, if I'm willing to develop it.

As for Shadow Kingdom...:) Loving that one too! 

@Terra: Ah. I did forget to add the fact this is not entirely historically based. For example, Switzerland is one of the few European countries in history that has NEVER actually ever had a monarchy. So, yes, there are fantastical plot twists ^-^ As for SK, that's interesting. (I usually don't use outside references for any of my stories; I already have too many ideas in my own head!) I actually was inspired to write SK after reading Entwined by Heather Dixon. I don't know much about the allusions you made that are similar to WOR, but that intrigues me. I always thought the idea of WOR was very original. Perhaps I didn't explain the entire story, mostly because there's way too much in terms of detail to add in. I'd end up writing the entire book for you guys to see ^^

Haha, Caspian. ^^ He isn't posing as super-important rich guy or anything, but he does get by. Just FYI, in case you felt like knowing. (Which you probably didn't.)

@Bunni: Sure, I'll take your vote in that context. ^-^ It is really kind of fun to manipulate all the characters into being still totally strange while maintaining a ghost of Carroll's original image of them. For example: 

My Mad Hattress, Cheyenne, isn't REALLY 'mad,' but a lot of people think she is because of visions that torture her. To escape this, she doesn't drink tea. (Forget teatime!) She drinks wine ^^

SK...haha! I mean Wednesday isn't ugly :D She's just really...pale, I guess, and fragile. I can't guarantee she won't be some form of pretty (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?), especially since Victorian women weren't shy to go to town with loads of makeup, but there should be some sort of visible difference between her and Willow/Winter. And your comment isn't useless :) I value it very much! (as silly as that sounds)

@estriole: Aghhhh, you guys give me such good ideas that it makes me itch to write more stories! :\ But like I said, I've already developed WOR enough that it's too late to go back. I'm on the third book, after all, and everything's so fleshed out and so near completion that it wouldn't be such a great idea for me to double back. When you say a new world, I'm not sure if that's a good connotation or a bad connotation, but either way I can tell you that while Reilli (the planet) will be slightly different and more high-tech than Earth, it's not crazy different. And the witches/extraterrestrials (if I do dare to use that term, haha) have both human forms and true forms, so you can be rest assured I don't have any gloopy green people will three jellyfish tentacles and buggy eyes or anything. But I do have dragons. And unicorns. And everything in-between and more ^-^ I think I may not have emphasized enough that the book is not about witch hunting. (The main character is a witch; I thought that was pointed enough. Maybe not, ahahaha.) The focus of the first book just happens to involve a rogue soul-possessing witch who (SPOILER ALERT GUYS) ends up, after a while, siding with the witches and the FBI.

I really appreciate all your feedback, and even for those of you who didn't receive responses, I'm glad to see you voted! ^-^ Once again, I strongly encourage you all to recommend your friends to this topic, because I'm craving feedback and I'm hungry for it! Cheers, everyone!

I think an Alice in Wonderland game would be interesting.

Like the Wizard of Oz game they made for the DS. it's like Dragon Quest, except it's a huge dungeon crawler with a story more complex than "kill this dude because he's bad".

That, and I'm interested to see how the game would translate into RPG terms. If it actually contained battles (Ie, what roles the characters will take - I'm particuarly interesting in the Cheshire Cat, and what the Magic and skills would be) then it could be very interesting.

Still, you'd need to put your own twist on the story (Alice was actually an alien spy sent to decide the fate of her twisted mental creation, Wonderful, and decide whether or not to replace it with the current reality. Or something as crazy) because the story's been done again and again.

Dylan: Well, battles are either going to be limited or not done at all. I myself really don't like battling and prefer non-fighting games instead ^^" Though I'll take that into consideration.

There's a lot different about my Alice than regular Alice. To be honest, I'm not even sure if the characters are the original characters anymore, because I've mangled their personalities so much. ^^

Please tell everyone to flock and come over because I'd like some more feedback! Hungry, hungry~

I know this topic hasn't been posted on in a while, but I was hoping people would contribute even more feedback for me, even if it's just a simple vote, so bump~

DO I HAVE TO VOTE??? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

They're all good, and each have potential to become games! *Sigh* I guess I'll have to count down the best.

In sixth comes Lost. I like dragons in general, but the plot needs more to become a full long game. You can easily do this, but I feel this is in sixth place for the goal isn't new. It's an alteration of "Save the Princess," in some ways. You can really make this cool if you show how people and dragons coexist, if they do.

In fifth comes Ariana Story. Plot is very simple, but comedy can enhance a game's enjoyment exponentially. I fancy games with gags and jokes in it. Emphasize on character, though. You want meaning in the plot. You don't want everyone to be jokesters, and have the entire adventure be a whole big joke.

In fourth comes Alice in Wonderland. I heard the story, but I haven't seen it done RPG style, especially your alteration of the story. It would be interesting to see Alice fight anything threatening, while exploring the mysteries of Wonderland. However, I place this in fourth for how well known Alice is, and how it may not be played simply because of this. Prove them wrong, though!

In third comes Witches of Reili. I like this plot. You're not normal. You're special, and it is your speciality that will aid in stopping the big bad. Plus, you get to find out your origins. This may sound cliche an all, but it's a good concept, nonetheless. Give more emphasis on the situation, though. Make the witch more threatening, like not just possessing normal souls, but possessing mayors, council members, presidents!

In second comes Phantom. You've seen all the other comments on Phantom, and mine is no different. It has the highest chance of becoming a full long game, and the characters sound developed enough to emphasize the plot. Good choice overall, but my vote goes to...

THE SHADOW KINGDOM. I'll will play this once it's done. It sounds so compelling. The most unexpected is in the epicenter of the problems. She experiences realities, issues, and situations others never expected. And the hint theme of darkness and light is a major drive in story developement. I love it.

So this is my opinion. Now give me a cookie.

Just kidding. :)  Hope your stories become awesome games! :D

Here: *cookie* ^-^

Thanks for the reply! I revived this topic from practically the dead so people like you could give feedback (and receive cookies, of course.)

Your interpretation of Lost is semi-correct ^^" I guess I was a stickler about keeping plot twists secret (well, I still am a stickler about those), but if ya really wanna know:

There's a princess, okay, but she's not really a princessy princess, and there's technically no saving of her at any point. The dragons actually turn out to be...not evil...PLOT TWIST! ^-^

Ariana: Eh, it is a funny story. Maybe it's just because I wrote it (with a close friend/associate/okay-maybe-closer-than-just-a-friend), but I still laugh when I read the text. XD But it's also heavily love/romance-based. Actually reminds me a little of a typical shoujo manga in a way because Ariana has so many encounters with hot guys who fall in love with her. It's cliche, but it actually doesn't appear that way when I read it ^^ I understand your view, though!

Alice: I getcha. I too agree Alice has been way overdone practically everyone in basically every way. (Except maybe my variation.) That's kind of why I was hesitant to make it, though at the same time I thought it may actually be a motivator for people to play something like it, since Alice has always been popular. But who knows? O_o

WOR: Now that you mention it, she does, at one point, practically take over the Empire State Building (the story's set in the United States, the first book mainly in Georgia state.) XD I always felt this one was a little cliche, but it does evolve...given time...

Phantom: Heehe :) I feel very proud of Caspian!

Shadow Kingdom: Squeee! I'm glad you love SK! (In some ways, I love it the most too--but don't tell my other stories I said that! O_o) Yeah, the whole light-and-dark thing is physically present, I guess. Hence, the title. And maybe to the point of being overplayed XD But as usual, I love to incorporate plot twists. I just never give my readers a break, huh? =.=" I just don't know how good the reception will be; it IS in Victorian England, so they speak...a little differently. (I admit I modernized the speech a teeny tiny bit so it's actually...understandable...but still.)

Sifting through the votes, looks like Alice and SK are tied :D I hope to see a very clear winner~ (mental image of a huge long bar with the others lagging behind)

Anyone else? Come on, people! Follow -Z-'s lead and get over here! ^-^

I preemptively vote for Alice in Wonderland.

It wouldn't work as an RPG, but I haven't seen much (or any at all) Adventure Games made by the RPG Maker Engine [that are good]. The basic challenge would be your Tileset, but that would also be the best part - along with the amount of lore and detail you can bend and twist. Plus - I'm a diehard fan for American McGee's Alice and Alice: Madness Returns. Anything that is macabre/dark Alice abnormally pleases me, I guess it's the art style.

And people might tell you it's a common concept, but it is rarely actually ever done - the only examples I can find is American McGee's Alice and Alice is Dead.

I LURV MEH SUM ALICE

@AJNR: Yeah, mapping has always been a bummer for me. Grr. Maybe if I decide to do it I'll even get truly working and put in some parallax and recolors for the sake of wicked effect, mwahaha. 

By the way, QuinRose (Japanese) has a really awesome Alice-based game called The Game (exciting title I know) and that's actually where I got my inspiration...sort of. I got my inspiration from my friend's playing of the Game and from there I was reinspired to pick up the original Alice and from THERE I got the idea. If that makes sense, heehee.

@tensoup: ....? Sorry? (I'm guessing that's a reference, but I don't know what the reference is in terms of usability to me.)

@AJNR: Yeah, mapping has always been a bummer for me. Grr. Maybe if I decide to do it I'll even get truly working and put in some parallax and recolors for the sake of wicked effect, mwahaha. 

By the way, QuinRose (Japanese) has a really awesome Alice-based game called The Game (exciting title I know) and that's actually where I got my inspiration...sort of. I got my inspiration from my friend's playing of the Game and from there I was reinspired to pick up the original Alice and from THERE I got the idea. If that makes sense, heehee.

@tensoup: ....? Sorry? (I'm guessing that's a reference, but I don't know what the reference is in terms of usability to me.)

The Dark Tower is a psychological, fantasy, sci-fi, western, action-drama, adventure story that spans 7 books, and it's one of the only Stephen King stories I can read without falling asleep.

Edited by tensoup

I honestly didn't really read the other description (well a bit but there's a lot and it's late here) but there's obviously one that caught my eye : Alice In Wonderlands (just because it's Alice, the most wonderful book in history, just that).

Your revamp reminds me strongly of Are you Alice? (maybe you read it, it's become a bit 'famous' lately) and the idea a gender switch (well in the manga not all genders are switched) is always funny (in the manga the switch bears actually loads of meaning).

Your idea seems to 'renew' the plot while keeping the world so I think it could be good x)

Long version short, I vote for Alice, obviously, but pretty please don't butcher it like many other did before (who said Burton ?)

PS : 

Most people know this story, if not everyone.

I'm afraid I disagree, it could be land-rich bankrupt aristocracy, without a penny to their name (well I still love that guy)

Most people have seen the Disney ! (which is equivalent to "Very few people took the time to actually read the books -and enjoy a world far madder-)

Edited by Riff

@Riff: Yeah, Alice has it's charm :D

I haven't read Are You Alice? In fact, I've actually never heard of it before. Maybe really vaguely...? Guess it hasn't spread to where I am yet. Well, that's another vote, I suppose.

@tensoup: Ah, I see. Wait, what does that have to do with this? :s

@Riff: Yeah, Alice has it's charm :D

I haven't read Are You Alice? In fact, I've actually never heard of it before. Maybe really vaguely...? Guess it hasn't spread to where I am yet. Well, that's another vote, I suppose.

@tensoup: Ah, I see. Wait, what does that have to do with this? :s

Nothing, but everyone was bringing up literature/stories so I couldnt resist. PS: Read Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom.

i say Phantom, as long as it was a typo i read and its your job to 'Run' te family and not 'Ruin' it. although ruining it would be interesting just as well i guess ;P