Cadh20000

Cadh20000's "old" art

The reason for the "old" in the thread title is the fact that most of my newer(and presumably better) work goes with a non-RM game I'm working on, so I have to be careful about posting it around here. While I did put some of it in here I won't go into detail about it.

Every image here (and much more, both image and literature) can be found on my DA account, just click on an image to go to it's page(if I set it up correctly anyway). Any (constructive) feedback is more than welcome, whether on this thread or on the DA pages.

These are totally unorganized, few things go with what is next to them.

Felidae Gauntlets (the one that goes with the other game)

felidae_gauntlets___retouched_by_c_hillm

Demon's Bloodstone Locket (goes with a short story I'm still working on)

demon_s_bloodstone_locket_by_c_hillman-d

Title for a manga I'm working on, titled "Excalibur: A new twist on an old tale"

excalibur_title___resized_by_c_hillman-d

Ulte'an (The world the manga takes place on)

f5963ca14910826e4bd96d75dd7ae3a2-d5f0u65

Haunted Castle animated gif. Includes a link to a youtube video version that has sound effects.

haunted_castle_by_c_hillman-d647mih.gif

Transformations animated gif

transformations_by_c_hillman-d5vlr57.gif

Edle Steinn (a collab with a friend of their OC)

Character and template copyright ulver-av-nord.png?1

Outfit and coloring by me

edle_steinn___collab_with_ulver_av_nord_

Sunset 1

sunset_1_by_c_hillman-d63vet1.png

Sunrise 1

sunrise_1_by_c_hillman-d63vdup.png

Theran - Front view (My main OC and the lead character in my book.)

theran___front_by_c_hillman-d5vhz5h.png

Theran - looking over his shoulder (My main OC and the lead character in my book.)

theran___quarter_turn_by_c_hillman-d5vhz

Elf

elf___digitally_colored_by_c_hillman-d5m

Flag of Corran (One of the countries in my book)

flag_of_corran_by_c_hillman-d378rzt.jpg

Fantasy Tiger - pencil sketch

fantasy_tiger_by_c_hillman-d378rba.jpg

Phoenix (Once again, from my book)

phoenix_by_c_hillman-d3emzy7.png

Dragon Skull - pencil sketch

dragon_skull_by_c_hillman-d3kv88b.jpg

Fantasy Sword (random design)

fantasy_sword_by_c_hillman-d5dgf7z.jpg

The Summoning of the Elementals: Fire - (animated gif, the scene comes from my book)

theran_summons_sal_by_c_hillman-d4jhaqv.

Stained Glass Dragon (NOTE: Not an actual stained glass, just a digital representation of one.)

stained_glass_dragon_ver3_by_c_hillman-d

Stained Glass Poinsettia (NOTE: Not an actual stained glass, just a digital representation of one.)

stained_glass_poinsetta_by_c_hillman-d5e

On her husband's shoulder (Once again, goes with my book. Bran and Katya, the brother-in-law/best-friend and the sister of Theran, the book's lead character)

bran_and_katya_lineart___colored_by_c_hi

Magic Necklace (One last image from my book, designed and made by Theran for his niece, Bran and Katya's daughter, Karen.)

karen__s_necklace_by_c_hillman-d4i1u8l.j

*EDIT: June 9, 2014*

I am working on to trying to figure out how to implement the custom menu I want to use. A variant on the one I designed for a custom programmed 3D game I'm also working on.

Since they are technically artwork, I figured I'd post them here.

These are the mock-ups of them for the 3D game, I still need to edit and customize them for the RPGMaker game, but step one in doing so is figuring out what aspects I can retain and what I need to remove... I think I need to talk to an experienced scripter about it before making any big changes to the layouts...

silver_symbiosis_in_game_menu_mock_up_by

silver_symbiosis_character_screen_mock_u

silver_symbiosis_inventory_mock_up_by_c_

silver_symbiosis_bestiary_mock_up_by_c_h

*EDIT: June 11, 2014*

A couple battlers I did up for laughs:

laser_squirrel_battler_by_c_hillman-d7lwninja_cat_battler_by_c_hillman-d7lw5e6.p

*EDIT: February 7, 2015*

The matching bracelet and necklace belonging to Ellisandra, Theran's (my main character's) fiance. (From the book and short stories, not game.)

Bracelet:

65c3ab7d705b0f04743ad36aa51a8442-d8b0wct

Necklace

ellisandra_s_necklace_by_c_hillman-d8gzn

*EDIT* July 26, 2016*

A title screen I did up for an old project idea that...to be honest, I've never worked on otherwise since typing up the rough idea. Unfortunately the dA watermark will have to stay since I don't have enough storage on the forums to re-upload it directly here.

_core_crystal__logo_by_c_hillman-daayj2f

Edited by Cadh20000

WOW.

Just wow.

This is a massive quantity of great, high-quality art. I'm glad that you posted this, because it's really made my night.

My particular favorites were the Felidae Gauntlets (wonderfully shaded) and the Fantasy Tiger (beautiful flowing lines).

Your art's looking great. My only advice is to try for slightly more natural skin tones on your darker-skinned characters. Also, don't stop - keep on creating art, because you can only get better from here.

Cheers,

~ Ella

Very nice! I see that you do a lot of profile-view pictures for characters, after sifting through some of these. Shading on the faces could do wonders for expression, especially to set ambiance in that last picture. Some of your hills are cartoonishly green, and I hope that doesn't sound mean. I just mean that it looks oversaturated and rich for the picture (the sunrise one)

Try and round off your forms more neatly, even if they're organic. :)

Thank you for the feedback!

Very nice! I see that you do a lot of profile-view pictures for characters, after sifting through some of these. Shading on the faces could do wonders for expression, especially to set ambiance in that last picture. Some of your hills are cartoonishly green, and I hope that doesn't sound mean. I just mean that it looks oversaturated and rich for the picture (the sunrise one)

Try and round off your forms more neatly, even if they're organic. :)

Unfortunately, if you include scribbling as a toddler, I've been drawing for about 29 yrs now and this is pretty much my limit. :( My "newer and better" stuff that I mentioned in the first post is primarily monotone 3D work and made with Pixologic's "Sculptris" program.

Shading? It is shaded, just not real darkly... Does it not show on your monitor? :huh:

Yeah, I agree that the coloring could use some work. :P

They're about as "rounded off" as I can manage. For all the digital stuff I'm using a mouse and even after 4 (or was it 5?) years of practice with Photoshop CS3, if I try for anything but very short inter-connected straight lines I just get a mess that bears no resemblance at all to what was intended. :(

Edited by Cadh20000

I guess I should have been more specific with the "shading" part. ^^"

It does show up on my monitor, no fear. I was looking at Bran and Katya, Katya in particular and I thought it would be really cool if, after darkening the eyelid line, you could use some darker shadings to show the contour of the eyelid, under-eyebrow ridge, and under the hairline (the shadowing will show that her hair is a thick and rounded 3D form). It must be hard to using a mouse (:() but if you could try and taper the eyelashes up it would look a little more natural...

I am working on to trying to figure out how to implement the custom menu I want to use. A variant on the one I designed for a custom programmed 3D game I'm also working on.

Since they are technically artwork, I figured I'd post them here.

These are the mock-ups of them for the 3D game, I still need to edit and customize them for the RPGMaker game, but step one in doing so is figuring out what aspects I can retain and what I need to remove... I think I need to talk to an experienced scripter about it before making any big changes to the layouts...

silver_symbiosis_in_game_menu_mock_up_by

silver_symbiosis_character_screen_mock_u

silver_symbiosis_inventory_mock_up_by_c_

silver_symbiosis_bestiary_mock_up_by_c_h

A title screen I did up for an old project idea that...to be honest, I've never worked on otherwise since typing up the rough idea. Unfortunately the dA watermark will have to stay since I don't have enough storage on the forums to re-upload it directly here.

_core_crystal__logo_by_c_hillman-daayj2f

Edited by Cadh20000

I like how clean it is, though :) Out of curiosity, what was it about?

This is what it is about:

A world pockmarked with humongous craters so slick and smooth that anyone attempting to enter them slides to the center and is unable to get back out, so hard that no attempt to carve and path or stairway into the edge succeeds, leaving them barren and lifeless. At the center of the main continent lies a citadel containing the “Core Crystalâ€, from this crystal a number of shards have been chipped off, the same number as there are craters on the world’s surface.

For each of the craters there is a small sealed pocket dimension containing what had been in that crater prior to the Core Crystal being broken. Each of the crystal shards is in 2 pieces, a larger piece known as a Core Shard and a smaller fragment known as a Key Shard. The Core Shards are inside the pocket dimensions corresponding to them, the Key Shards are scattered throughout both the main world and the pocket dimensions, each Key Shard corresponds to the pocket dimension containing its Core Shard. A Key Shard can be used to create and open a temporary portal from the crater rim into and out of the pocket dimension holding its Core Shard. If the Core Shards and Key Shards are both retrieved, combined, and fused once again with the main Core Crystal that pocket dimension will collapse and the area sealed within it will return to its place in the main world. Only by completely repairing the Core Crystal can this shattered world be made whole once more.
Edited by Cadh20000