WCouillard

Lune World Map (Templeton Mod)

This script was a request from a friend. I took Raizen's Lune World Map script, translaed it as best as possible and modified it to fit the needs of the request. For those not familiar with the character Templeton from Suikoden II, he enabled the player to view a world map, complete with a short description of the locations and any available shops at the locations.

This script mimics that functionality, and most of the text used within the script can be freely edited by the user.

Script

Templeton Map Viewer Mod for Lune World Map (This script does NOT require Lune World Map to function)

Instructions

You will need a few image files placed in a folder named "World Map" in your \Graphics\ folder of your project.

You'll need one file for the world map, one for the cursor, and one for the markers on the world map.

Locations are unlocked via switches, and at least one must be unlocked before viewing the scene.

How To Call Scene

SceneManager.call(Scene_Templeton_Map)

Script

http://www.pastebin.com/aCnMp6aJ

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2h1dpkyzgfdft1/Script_Demo_Templeton_Map_Mod.rar

Screenshots

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4979xbkaevnm9ck/Suikoden_2_Templeton_Map.PNG

REMEMBER, you must add a folder named "World Map" to your Graphics folder, and add image files in order to use the script properly! These files are included in the demo provided.

Edited by William C

Did you add the proper images? It needs a few image files to work properly.

I swear I am making the correct folder and have the correct images in the folder. Anyway you could make a quick fresh demo, so i can see what i am doing wrong? 

Also make sure you are unlocking at least one location before opening the scene, or it will throw an error when you exit the scene if the array returns empty.

Your problem is most likely the scene call, as it was incorrectly listed in the script comments and original post.

EDIT: Demo link added to original post.

Edited by William C

Ummmm. I'm getting "No servers available with the requested data from the download link". Could you possibly upload it to another uploading site or re-upload that file on your mediafire? I have never seen that error with mediafire.

EDIT: I even tried copying the demo to my medifire account and still can't download it. 

Edited by Hytporsche

Guys, it's not that difficult to use and all of the instructions are included with the script. I'll eventually upload another demo, but I lost the original copy I made. If you have a specific issue that you're experiencing, PM me.

Just a question that I don't recall seeing answered within the script, but would the coordinates for the markers just be the specific XY pixel coordinates on the picture you're using for the world map? So lets say the place I want The Uber Dungeon to be is located at 245 & 356 on my world map picture, that's what I would put in for the location in each locations info in the script, right?

Just a question that I don't recall seeing answered within the script, but would the coordinates for the markers just be the specific XY pixel coordinates on the picture you're using for the world map? So lets say the place I want The Uber Dungeon to be is located at 245 & 356 on my world map picture, that's what I would put in for the location in each locations info in the script, right?

yeah :D

Unless that is modified, but yeah the coordinates are the one that the pic will be on the world map