Sign in to follow this  
Aurumlamina

Character Quiz

I figured this would be the place to ask since I'm sure some of you use a similar method to fully develop characters.  Not long ago I ran across a fun quiz to take where you would answer the questions as if you were the character you are developing.  I can't seem to find it, and though it isn't life or death, it was a very useful tool.  

Any pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated!

I don't really understand...? Like a quiz that depending on your answers generates a character? O_o 

As incredible as that would be, I think he's asking for that quiz that's always in signatures that say "I'm a vampire!" or "I'm a dwarf!". It is probably the link that TheHarmp provided.

He's asking for the same character generation mechanic as Bloodnet, Dragon Quest III remake and Ogre Battle (first one, at least).

You are prompted with a series of questions and it determines your character's traits. This can be done with eventing, it's quite simple actually.

Oh. But I thought it was for characters, not signatures?

long ago I ran across a fun quiz to take where you would answer the questions as if you were the character you are developing.

Or maybe I'm just being an idiot again ^^"

When doing creative writing we use to have warm ups where we would create a list of questions that we, pretending to be the character, would answer that would flesh out the character and get us thinking about them in more realistic terms.

For example say I make a human in a fantasy setting who wants to be a soldier in the kings army. He's 14. I'd have some questions to help me figure out more about thsi character.

Question 1: What item do you have that you couldn't bare to be without? Answer: My training sword.

Question 2: What are you doing right now? Practicing my weapon tactics.

Question 3: Where are you from? I'm from a costal town called of Provinceville City.

Question 4: What was the last thing you ate? I ate some curry, my towns most common dish.

etc.

This is what he's talking about.