Sign in to follow this  
CrowTheAlmighty

A game idea (not possible on RPG Maker)

I have no idea where this came from and this would be impossible on RPG Maker but I want to see who thinks this would be cool!!

Its a Tower-Defense kinda game except you cant summon soldiers. Its only you and your friends. You are given a "Point" to protect (Could be a gem, treasure, the king, etc) and you are given a certain amount of time to build walls and such around the Point, as well as traps. The traps do not go off automatically though. You need to head to the switch, which is best to hide, whether on a high ledge or a hidden spot because enemies can destroy switches.

Enemies will start to invade your tower from a certain point and go after the Point. Activate the traps and stop  them from reaching. Afterwards, with your winnigs, you can add more!

I think this is kewl :3

This idea sounds very cool and could made possible in Construct 2 with no scripting required. It sounds like a clash of clans tower defense!

Well, in my mind, when you make one wall its huge and your characters are small sooooo...

This idea sounds very cool and could made possible in Construct 2 with no scripting required. It sounds like a clash of clans tower defense!

Well, in my mind, when you make one wall its huge and your characters are small sooooo...

Oh, still sounds like a cool idea!

Oh, still sounds like a cool idea!

I don't think its possible without being Microsoft or something -3-

1.give the gem/traps and walls a health variable

2.have the event enemies walk to a preset area(gem) using extra move scripts or something. 

3.Use the time event spawner script to have enemies appear and use switches to make them tougher each turn.

4.Upon this tutorial http://finalbossblues.com/rmvxace-using-map-coordinates-p1/ you can make a check if the enemy touches a          gem/trap or wall, then that blockade loses its variable hp until its destroyed.

this is possible in rmvx ace!

Edited by marillmau5

i have to admit though having events interact with other events is over my head, but i'd learn it if i was making a game and really wanted to have that feature.

With a bit of scripting, this could be done in rpgmaker. After all, I've even seen a Bullet Hell made in RPGXP. Learn how to make ruby code, and you can do just about anything in rpgmaker, though there certainly reaches a point where all you're using rpgmaker as is a ruby compiler, and there are better options around in that case.

There are also a myriad of other game engines you could use to make this game you're imagining. For example, Unity, or one of the many other free game development engines around. (You'll probably want to stick to a 2D one, however.)