DoubleX

DoubleX RMVXA Reflect State

Compatibility Fix

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/21512-doublex-rmvxa-reflect-state-compatibility-fix/

Script name

DoubleX RMVXA Reflect State

Author

DoubleX

Terms of use

None other than not claiming this script as created by anyone except DoubleX or his alias

Introduction

If a battler has inflicted a reflect state, he/she/it'll always reflect non certain hit skills and items from anyone to enemies. Such reflection overrides magic reflection(MRF) and counterattack but not evasion nor magic evasion.

To effectively set the reflection to override evasion or magic evasion, minus EVA or MEV in reflect state's features until they're non-positive.

#==============================================================================|
#  ** You only need to edit this part as it's about what this script does      |
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

module DoubleX_RMVXA
  module Reflect_State

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
#  * REFLECT_PHYSICAL, default = false                                         |
#    Reflect state applies to physical attacks                                 |
  REFLECT_PHYSICAL = false

#  * REFLECT_MAGICAL, default = true                                           |
#    Reflect state applies to magical attacks                                  |
  REFLECT_MAGICAL = true

#  * REFLECT_TO_ENEMY_CASTER, default = true                                   |
#    Reflect state always reflects skills and items back to their casters if   |
#    they're enemies                                                           |
  REFLECT_TO_ENEMY_CASTER = true

end # Confusion_Edit
end # DoubleX_RMVXA

#==============================================================================|

Screenshots

bandicam2014-01-2717-13-51-468.jpg

bandicam2014-01-2717-14-26-906.jpg

Features

Use of notetags(requires knowledge of notetag usage) to set specific states to reflect skills and items from anyone to enemies

Instructions

Open the script editor and put this script into an open slot between Materials and Main. Save to take effect.

Compatibility

Scripts aliasing or rewriting method:

- self.load_database under module DataManager

- invoke_item under class Scene_Battle

may have compatibility issues with this script

Place this script above those aliasing any of these methods if possible

FAQ

None

Changelog

v1.00b(GMT 0300 16-9-2017):

- Fixed reflecting to nil battlers bug

v1.00a (GMT 0800 27-1-2014):
 - 1st version of this script finished

(DoubleX)Reflect State v1.00b.txt

Edited by DoubleX

Hey there. Great looking script. I tried using it, and the spells do reflect to whom they are supposed to. But it just says "Failed" "Null" on the final target.

I haven't gotten around to trying it on a cleaner project though...

This looks great, I remember Mr.Bubble made a script similar to this, but could never make it work. Hope I can make this one look better.

Hey there. Great looking script. I tried using it, and the spells do reflect to whom they are supposed to. But it just says "Failed" "Null" on the final target.

I haven't gotten around to trying it on a cleaner project though...

The below script is my attempted compatibility fix:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/21512-doublex-rmvxa-reflect-state-compatibility-fix/

Hey, this has been working great, but there's one strange thing I've noticed. I don't know if it's because of how I have my scripts or skills set up, but when magic is reflected it takes the reflect's subject's stats into account.

To clarify:

Hero has high MAT, enemy has low MAT. Hero has reflect state, enemy casts magic on hero and it bounces, does pretty heavy damage on enemy, much more than it would have normally.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer me.

Hey, this has been working great, but there's one strange thing I've noticed. I don't know if it's because of how I have my scripts or skills set up, but when magic is reflected it takes the reflect's subject's stats into account.

To clarify:

Hero has high MAT, enemy has low MAT. Hero has reflect state, enemy casts magic on hero and it bounces, does pretty heavy damage on enemy, much more than it would have normally.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer me.

If you're talking about using this script under the default setting, you situation doesn't take place in my tests without any other custom scripts.

If you're talking about Yami's battle symphony, I've tested and it seems that the same problem occurs on the default MRF.

Although I maybe able to fix the problem regarding reflect state only, as it also occurs on the default MRF and Yami, the original creator of his battle symphony, is still active and supporting that script, I think it's better to let him fix the MRF problem first so my fix on reflect state in his script can conform to his fix on MRF, thus reducing the chance for me to mess things up :)

The below thread proves that Yami is still active and supporting his battle symphony:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6037-battle-engine-symphony/

Edited by DoubleX