Status Screen Graphs for YEA Status Menu

Blackmorning
version 3.01
released Feb/02/2014
updated Dec/30/2015

• resistances and infliction rates as well as parameters in YEA status screen are shown in a more graphical format. (based on KGC's extended status screen for RPG Maker VX)
  • biography information for actors (age, birthplace, height, etc) also gender if you have mr. bubbles gender script
  • message codes for bio info 

Requires
YEA Status Menu
BM-Base:

SCREENSHOTS

3630806_orig.jpg

1147620_orig.jpg

Edited by blackmorning84

Okay, no offense and certainly not to undermine your script, but what the heck does this do?

I know there was a brief description, maybe I'm just not visionary enough to understand this topic...

Edited by Arco

The "KGC_Extended Status Scene"  to me error on the line 8 and 9.

KGC extended status scene is not my script and is for VX, not Ace.  I put the link there to show where I got the information/coding from.

My script does not include that, but it does make use of the coding from it.  It is sort of a port of that script

If this script isn't compatible with Ace, why is it that you put it in the completed Ace scripts, and not the completed VX scripts??

Ah...ok...but the icons in the elemental and states do not appear....

If this script isn't compatible with Ace, why is it that you put it in the completed Ace scripts, and not the completed VX scripts??

This script is for Ace.  It would NOT work with VX.  It was ported / modified from a Japanese KGC script from VX.

10nf0nd.png

This seems to be more the fault of Victor.  No offense to an otherwise great script, he redefine draw_icon to include 4 variables, but doesn't actually use the fourth variable in the definition. (lines 2145-2149)

def draw_icon(icon_index, x, y, enabled = true, item)

bitmap = Cache.system("Iconset")

rect = Rect.new(icon_index % 16 * 24, icon_index / 16 * 24, 24, 24)

contents.blt(x, y, bitmap, rect, enabled ? 255 : translucent_alpha)

end

item is not used in the definition and is completely useless.  

I fixed it in BM-Icons, so please see if that works.

Edited by blackmorning84

Is this compatible with Element Strenghten by Victor?

Element strengthen is more for skills/items than regular attacks that mine shows.  It would not fit in the categories that are displayed in my script.  My script won't stop Victor's script from working.  Where would you like the information displayed in my script and how much info?  I might be able to put a plus/minus to show a boost/decrease in skill power if that would work.

Great looking script here BM!

I'm pretty new at everything but tinkering around with various scripts to see what I like and what will work with an idea I have in my head.

I currently have BM - Base and YEA - Ace Status Menu above your own script as instructed. After some problems with bitmapextension....

I got the TRGSSX.dll into the correct folder and added KGC's bitmatextension.

Now when I start up I get the warning:

"Script Line 301: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Game_Actor:HM_SEL"

I'm a total noob so it may be an obvious answer! Thanks in advance and great work!

EDIT: I ended up just taking that piece out and it seems to work out better. Just some cosmetic issues with formatting I can try to work on!

Edited by dinhbat3

Great looking script here BM!

I'm pretty new at everything but tinkering around with various scripts to see what I like and what will work with an idea I have in my head.

I currently have BM - Base and YEA - Ace Status Menu above your own script as instructed. After some problems with bitmapextension....

I got the TRGSSX.dll into the correct folder and added KGC's bitmatextension.

Now when I start up I get the warning:

"Script Line 301: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Game_Actor:HM_SEL"

I'm a total noob so it may be an obvious answer! Thanks in advance and great work!

EDIT: I ended up just taking that piece out and it seems to work out better. Just some cosmetic issues with formatting I can try to work on!

If you are not using Harvest Moon's Calender system, you need to set

SELCHAR_CALENDER = false 

this is in BM-Base, line 36.  

Oh great! I will try that instead of just deleting out the lines.

Also I had 2 other things I was wondering about as I was tinkering with your script.

1. Is there any way to reduce the number of elements in the diagram so that it is 7 or a hexagon or a heptagon instead of an octagon.

2. Is there a way to display a 7th row on either state or element screen. As written only 6 element/state percentages can be shown at a time.

Thanks again for the help =D This community has been so kind to help out.

~ Dinhbat

Oh great! I will try that instead of just deleting out the lines.

Also I had 2 other things I was wondering about as I was tinkering with your script.

1. Is there any way to reduce the number of elements in the diagram so that it is 7 or a hexagon or a heptagon instead of an octagon.

2. Is there a way to display a 7th row on either state or element screen. As written only 6 element/state percentages can be shown at a time.

Thanks again for the help =D This community has been so kind to help out.

~ Dinhbat

In my Status script, lines 76-79 deal with what is shown in the chart.  In regards to the rows, it cuts off based on window height.  If you use a script (like YEA core) that can increase screen resolution, more elements/states could be shown.

or if you like the default screen size, you could add this little scriptlet below my Status script and adjust the font size.  This makes the line height dependent on the font size, so you'd likely want to adjust the font size in YEA's Status for the PROPERTIES_FONT_SIZE as well.  The smaller the size, the more information will show.

BM::STATUS::CHART_FONT_SIZE = 18
class Window_StatusItem < Window_Base
  alias :bm_status_font_dan :draw_actor_numbers
  def draw_actor_numbers(x, y, width, chart)
    contents.font.size = BM::STATUS::CHART_FONT_SIZE
    bm_status_font_dan(x, y, width, chart)
  end
  def line_height
    contents.font.size + 2
  end
end

Thanks BM. Again you have been so kind and helpful! I really appreciate it =D

I will work on things and maybe reduce my project down to 6 elements and 6 status effects.. I think that is very doable and might even be better for me..

1. I managed to get elements down to a hexagon using line 76-79 quite easily, I have also done the same with the states. The icons are all in place as well... So the aesthetic portion of the problem is solved, but now I need to figure out how to sync up the chart with the correct elements when I replace them. Namely if I put Light element in the old Fire slot. The graph still reflects Fire resistance instead of Light..

I will have to dig around the script to see where the data is coming from and swap that around so the graphs reflect the correct elements/status effects. I'll be poking around for it, but if you see this first maybe you can point me in the right direction!

~ Dinhbat

Edited by dinhbat3

Thanks BM. Again you have been so kind and helpful! I really appreciate it =D

I will work on things and maybe reduce my project down to 6 elements and 6 status effects.. I think that is very doable and might even be better for me..

1. I managed to get elements down to a hexagon using line 76-79 quite easily, I have also done the same with the states. The icons are all in place as well... So the aesthetic portion of the problem is solved, but now I need to figure out how to sync up the chart with the correct elements when I replace them. Namely if I put Light element in the old Fire slot. The graph still reflects Fire resistance instead of Light..

I will have to dig around the script to see where the data is coming from and swap that around so the graphs reflect the correct elements/status effects. I'll be poking around for it, but if you see this first maybe you can point me in the right direction!

~ Dinhbat

The graph uses the same values as the resistance columns, taken from the actor's resistance for that element id.  Remember that the icons used for the graph are assigned in the script and have to be right for the element id in the database.   You can adjust what's shown like this in lines 76-79 to reflect the order you want without changing the database or the icons:

ITEMS_SHOWN={
      :element => [9,10,3,4,5,6,7,8], # elements you want shown
      :state   => 2..8,  # states you want shown
      :param   => 2..7,  # parameters you want shown
    } # DO NOT REMOVE

HAH! I'm such a noob. I forgot the comma after the brackets... xD Silly me!

Thanks again so much, I think I may have fixed all the kinks in my project on the stat menu.

I will have to look into your other scripts too =D

~ Dinhbat

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  New update to fix some coding issues with the actor's biography information.  Now you should be about to put what you want in there.  Thanks to Dinhbat3 for noticing   :D

Edited by blackmorning84