DarkEnd © 2014 Kodots Games

Boo.png

"An End is just a new beginning" <This is an unfinished Title Illustration>

Original Opening Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rfgJq3mwgc&feature=youtu.be

Demo trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F8aw-DRR1o&feature=youtu.be

Introduction

RPGs of the olden days are usually and masterfully coated with simplicity, yet somehow are very enjoyable.

We aim to make such an RPG, which is very simple in terms of game design and yet enjoyable to the core, complimented by stunningly beautiful artworks to recreate the modest and addictive gameplay experience of the golden age RPGs. If you're a classic RPG lover, who's tired of modern graphic-focused games with superficial plots, DarkEnd is the game for you.

DarkEnd, a pure RPG maker game, with high production value, carefully balanced between amazing visual and classic game-design won't disappoint you.

STORY SYNOPSIS

In the beginning, there is nothing but Darkness, a primordial element of nothingness. Then the Gods crafted ether from the darkness and soon, ether became the source of all life forms. Civilization of mankind rose and prospered, when a man of great destiny was born. That man is simply known as the Magus King, for his magickal prowess is unrivaled. He ushered the age of peace, unity and prosperity for mankind.

However, Man's greed is simply insatiable thus the Magus King sought for the power to rival those of Gods' and seek the ultimate tool of creation : the Primordial Darkness. Soon, he was consumed and corrupted by the power of Darkness and unleashed the doom for the entire world, known as the DarkEnd. The ever growing darkness corrupted mind, body and soul of every living beings and thus the world soon plunged into the depth of despair, until one brave soul ventured into the swirling darkness and defeated the Magus King and put and end to his madness and saving the world.

Countless centuries had passed and the tale of the Magus King and the DarkEnd dissolved to nothing but a mere myth. However, the great capital city of the mighty Reglr Empire suddenly fell to dark forces, causing great panic and shock among the other nations. Was it the return of legendary DarkEnd that once threatened the world?

You play the role of an adventurer, who will venture dauntlessly into the Darkness that overwhelmed the Reglr Empire. Your story will write a new history...

Features :
- Play as one of four unique characters, who will each reveal their own perspective of the DarkEnd.

- High replay value! Over hundreds of stunning maps, filled with unique treasures and monsters and everything changes on random basic every time you replay it.

- Enjoys the artistic and beautiful work of art ever found in 2D games.

-Story driven game with stunningly illustrated and semi-animated cut-scenes.

Characters

Griselda-colour-copyright.png

Name: Griselda
A mysterious so-called Necromagus with the ability to harness dark ether. Very skeptical and heartless. She is extremely self-centered and thinks the world itself revolts around her. What might have caused her to become such a beautiful beast?

Svas-colour-copyright.png

Name: Svas
A legendary blood hunter of the Reglr Empire, transformed into a psuedo-vampire like creature by means of magick. Dutiful, bold and not hesitant to end anyone's life if he/she dared to come in his way.

Xia-colour-copyright.png
Name : Xia
A young magus with extraordinary magical prowess, hailed by the East Heaven Kingdom. Her innocent and young exterior hides the foreboding shadow and dark past lurking in her eyes.

Lucion-colour-copyright.png
Name: Lucion
A hardened Knight Templar with unrivaled mastery over the art of war. Said to have came from the Dukedom of Remini, wielding the God-blade Lorelei, currently rusted and useless. A true knight of gentle spirit, or is he really what he seems like?

Screenshots

New%20Screenshot%201.png

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

New%20Screenshot%203.png

New%20Screenshot%205.png

New%20Screenshot%206.png

New%20Screenshot%207.png

New%20Screenshot%208.png

Sceneshot2.jpg

Sceneshot3.jpg

Sceneshot4.jpg

Sceneshot7.jpg

The following are semi-animated cutscenes that will play during special events, to enhance story telling :)

NewScreenshot%201.png

NewScreenshot%202.png

NewScreenshot%203.png

Buy now on Steam!

Buy now on GamersGate to get exclusive artworks!

Demo v.2.0 available now! (261MB)

Mediafire

Google drive

** Update - An Expansion is coming! **

A FREE expansion is coming up! It will feature:

- An additional 5+ hrs of gameplay

- A brand new storyline in an elusive land called Avirdel

- New Skills, Weapons/Armours, enemies and dungeons
- Some graphical updates.

This expansion will be accessible once the player reaches the end of the original game smile.gif

Here's what we have done so far. Please take a look!

EX%20Screenshot.png
The new title smile.gif

EX-Screenshot.png

Our new battlers

EX-Screenshot1.png

The beautiful land of Avirdel

EX-Screenshot2.png

Finally some fresh air!

EX-Screenshot3.png

Venturing through a sunlit forest

More updates about the expansion will be coming soon! Please let us know what you think! smile.gif

Credits

RPG Maker VX Ace Engine © Enterbrain
DS Material resource pack © Enterbrain
RPG Maker XP RTP© Enterbrain

Script-
Yanfly
Khas
Kread EX
Yami
Mog
Tuskihime
SUPER SIMPLE MOUSE SCRIPT - Amaranth Games

Music-
DaveyBriteRPG
Aaron Krogh
Joel Steudler
SHW Hayama
Scythuz

Extra Resources-
FMS
Obsidian Dawn

Kodots Games Members
@SomaelCK
@HaruAkira
Silvalight

Fanart:

1974298_736411539717042_1665670490_o.jpg

Support Us smile.gif
If this game piques your interest and if you have something to say about it, please kindly comment your opinions.
And if you would like to support DarkEnd, please feel free to set the link below as your signature. Much appreciated! smile.gif
DRNDSig02.png

Support us on Facebook:
Facebookz.png

**News**
We have posted DarkEnd on indiedb.com as well biggrin.gif
Please check the page out on 29173.png

Edited by HaruAkira

The character art IS lovely! :D So nice! I also love how you put in characters from several different ethnicities/races, you don't see that too often around especially in PCs. ^-^ Your screenshot light skills are wielded nicely, not too overwhelming yet contributing to the ambiance. :) Good job so far!

The character art IS lovely! :D So nice! I also love how you put in characters from several different ethnicities/races, you don't see that too often around especially in PCs. ^-^ Your screenshot light skills are wielded nicely, not too overwhelming yet contributing to the ambiance. :) Good job so far!

Wow the story sounds amazing and everything looks polished , eager to see the final product !

Also loved the intro video !

Thank you so much! :D We really appreciate your support :3

**Update time!**

With dungeon-crawling being the majority of the gameplay in DarkEnd, the maps need to be stunning and atmospheric. So, here's a video we made, showcasing the beautifully done maps, which are randomised and filled with rare loots, unique enemies and hidden secrets each time you play :D

Please check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZ_FSGrGK4

We have also decided to add semi-animated comic-style cutscenes to enhance story-telling :) These are some of them:

NewScreenshot%201.pngNewScreenshot%202.pngNewScreenshot%203.png

That's not all for this update! We also made a promotional artwork of Xia, the primagus :)

Xia-Promo02.jpg

What do you think? Please share your thoughts (^__^)~

Edited by HaruAkira

**Update!**
We made another promotional artwork, this time, featuring the necromagus, Griselda smile.gif

Griselda-promo02.jpg

That's not all. We made a facebook page for project DarkEnd too! Please support us by giving us a thumbs up on facebook! Thanks (^__^)
Facebookz.png

** Update **

Here's our custom title screen for DarkEnd smile.gif It'll be semi-animated to create a mystical effect:

New%20Screenshot%201.png

We've also taken new screenshots showing more of our dungeon maps! We will polish them even more soon smile.gif

New%20Screenshot%202.png New%20Screenshot%203.png New%20Screenshot%205.png New%20Screenshot%208.pngNew%20Screenshot%207.pngNew%20Screenshot%206.png

That's not all. We're also thinking of creating custom-animated skill attacks, but for now, we made custom skill icons for our characters (^__^)~ Here are some samples:

Xia-Skills01-sample.png Xia-Skills02-sample.png

What do you think? Please share your thoughts smile.gif

Sorry for not updating for a long time! We've been working hard to finish off the demo smile.gif

For now, here's a promotional artwork of Svas, the blood hunter. Please tell us what you think (^__^)

Svas-Promo.jpg

** Update! **

Here's a sneak peak of our highly atmospheric cutscenes:

Sceneshot2.jpg

Sceneshot3.jpg

Sceneshot4.jpg

Sceneshot7.jpg

But wait, there's more. We also made a promotional artwork featuring Lucion, the knight templar :)

Lucion-promo.jpg

What do you think? Please share your thoughts (^ w ^)

Edited by HaruAkira

It's been a while since we last updated. Sorry, we were having our traditional new year holidays :)

I have a small update to make for DarkEnd, and I've already said it somewhere. DarkEnd has been accepted on Steam BD . The game has not set on live yet, but the estimate release date would be around October. :)

Thanks for all your support :)

** Update time! **

Long time no update! Lots of progress to share~
We're happy to announce that we have almost completed a playable private-demo for our testers! We're also done creating skill icons for all 4 characters biggrin.gif
Here are some samples of the latest skill sets for Lucion and Svas. Please take a look:

Svas-skills-sample.png           

Lucion-skills-sample.png

What's more is that we also have some more gameplay screenshots to share with you smile.gif 
We've added enemies, loots and worked on the battles:

Battle1.jpg

Enemies will be visible in all maps, since the player's decision for when and what to battle are crucial in surviving in DarkEnd. 

Battle2.jpg

Size does matter, in DarkEnd at least. The sizes of  enemies will represent their strength. The larger they seem, the more powerful they are, so don't take on more than you can handle!

Battle3.jpg

A typical battle scene in DarkEnd. This one's in the Corrupted forest.

Battle4.jpg

Random treasure chests will be spawned, as well as the treasures inside. So make sure you check every one of them and don't be surprised if you find a powerful legendary equip in a random treasure chest! 

Battle5.jpg

Each dungeon level will require a key which will unlock the portal gate and lead you deeper into the Dark Spire...

What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts smile.gif

The playable public demo will be shared once our testers approve it as bug-free smile.gif Please look forward to it!

Thanks for all your support~ (^ w ^)/

Beautiful :) I think art is definitely the strong area, and I'd love to see this with more touched-up maps and tiles. ^^ Are you thinking about expanding into that soon?

Indeed, our main focus for this game is artistic styling and story-telling. We are going to polish the maps after we have successfully tackled other parts. We will use some of the the edits from RMXP resources to add in more flavors. :)

DRND-demo-promo.jpg

We are very pleased to announce that the public test-play demo for DarkEnd is finally available for downloading! biggrin.gif

It features a fully playable dungeon, multiple side-quests and hand-drawn cut scenes. It has a high replay value with a total game-play hour of around 2-3 hours. 

Instructions:

- Simply run the installation file and play the game.

- Please run the game in Administrator mode to avoid any errors (For Windows Vista, 7 and 8) 

** Since this is an early demo, there may be some bugs and grammar errors that we've missed. Please feel free to point them out! **

Download link: 

DarkEnd demo 1.0b

Please try it out and give us feedback!  Thanks (^__^)

Hello,

I've downloaded the demo and played for a bit. First, I have to say what everyone else already stated, the art looks great.

Then, I have some constructive criticism for you.

First, the demo is way too big and you could do a version without the rtp graphics, or at least remove the stuff you're not using from the respective folders. There is also, some sound files you should convert to decrease the overall size. Also, I found this upload site a bit misleading. I did click to download at first, but instead of starting it, it pulled me back to the initial page and told me to wait 15 minutes to download another file, but i didn't downloaded anything in there before. :P

During the play test I've encountered a few spelling mistakes that made the text somewhat confusing, so I recomend you to do a spell check.

In my opinion, there is some weird stuff on your initial map, because you did mixed the "world map" tilesets with the outdoor one and it looked somewhat strange, but it can be only my opinion.

Wandering inside the first floor of the dark end I found the initial battles a little too tough. They're not really hard, but I was spamming healing skills and potions very often, also got killed really fast against a single enemy that could hit both heroes at the same time because I didn't had full hp at the start of the battle on both of them, so I think you need to balance a bit those enemies.

Also, I think you got the base of your other project and forgot to change some stuff, like the skill categories, since there is a "Manifestation" group of skills in there.

I'll play more when I have some spare time and if I find something else that I think I have to point out I'll do it.

Edited by Darkwes

Hello,

I've downloaded the demo and played for a bit. First, I have to say what everyone else already stated, the art looks great.

Then, I have some constructive criticism for you.

First, the demo is way too big and you could do a version without the rtp graphics, or at least remove the stuff you're not using from the respective folders. The is also, some sound files you should convert to decrease the overall size. Also, I found this upload site a bit misleading. I did click to download at first, but instead of starting it, it pulled me back to the initial page and told me to wait 15 minutes to download another file, but i didn't downloaded anything in there before. :P

During the play test I've encountered a few spelling mistakes that made the text somewhat confusing, so I recomend you to do a spell check.

In my opinion, there is some weird stuff on your initial map, because you did mixed the "world map" tilesets with the outdoor one and it looked somewhat strange, but it can be only my opinion.

Wandering inside the first floor of the dark end I found the initial battles a little too tough. They're not really hard, but I was spamming healing skills and potions very often, also got killed really fast against a single enemy that could hit both heroes at the same time because I didn't had full hp at the start of the battle on both of them, so I think you need to balance a bit those enemies.

Also, I think you got the base of your other project and forgot to change some stuff, like the skill categories, since there is a "Manifestation" group of skills in there.

I'll play more when I have some spare time and if I find something else that I think I have to point out I'll do it.

Hi,

Really appreciate you downloaded and tested  the demo and many thanks for the feedback :D

Sure, we will upload the smaller file without RTP and much more reliable mirror download link. S-sorry about the language :( . We'll fix it up soon. And did you mean the Frontier map?

Intentionally made the battles tough, but they are not really hard once you know your way around. Like olden days dungeon crawlers RPGs. A bit of grinding and every monsters, including the optional bosses, in the demo :)

OMG! :o  Thanks for pointing that out! Although this project is made from a new clean project, I copied and pasted scripts from another project and forgot to clean up the mess. Gotta fix it up. Hope it didn't make any bug in the demo.