HaruAkira

DarkEnd - Simply, an RPG [$15 on Steam!]

Yeah I was talking about the frontier map, it is a bit weird the big trees near the small ones in my opinion.

About the battles, they aren't hard in my opinion, only the damage output of the enemies are a bit high. Well, I did not purchased any aditional equipment at the start (I was equipping things I found on the treasure boxes), so maybe it could be that.

Yeah I was talking about the frontier map, it is a bit weird the big trees near the small ones in my opinion.

About the battles, they aren't hard in my opinion, only the damage output of the enemies are a bit high. Well, I did not purchased any aditional equipment at the start (I was equipping things I found on the treasure boxes), so maybe it could be that.

Aww, it's because I used up the XP's RTP. I guess it sticked out like sore thumb for veteran RPG Maker users.

Please, do give us your thought once you have tested out more. Thanks :)

A number of people have pointed out that the Serpent Gate (portal) is bugged and has a black-screen error. Plus, there are several treasure chests which could be exploited to re-spawn infinitely. 
So here is the very first patch to fix the issue.

Please download it and unzip the file:
- Put the "patchxxxxxx.rvdata2" file in /DarkEnd Demo/Patch.
Try going to different screens before using the portal (like going to the corridor of origins) and it will become functional. 

Download the patch here: 
69905.png

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to point out any more bugs. Thanks! (^__^)

Added some more fix to patch.

-The one-hit KO rate from some floor-boss has been reduced.
-Delete the short-cut (for debugging use) on map, which could seriously glitch the game.

Please download it and unzip the file:
- Put the "patchxxxxxx.rvdata2" file in /DarkEnd Demo/Patch.
-Delete any existing old patch files and replace with new one.

Try going to different screens before using the portal (like going to the corridor of origins) and it will become functional.

Thanks.

Edited by SomaelCK

Long time no update! We've been busy finishing off the game and adding new features.

I gave my very first try with tree tilesets. They're not the best but I hope they can help polish the maps a bit smile.gif

Treez01-sample.png   Very first attempt.

Treez02-sample.png Polished it a bit more. Making the perspective correct is really hard D: 

Flowerz-sample.png A cute little flower bush :3

What do you think? (^__^)/

Very long time no post! (^__^)/

This time, we have some (creepy) custom monster sprites, which are more generic and dark (as suggested by our good friend, Dalph). Please take a look and tell us what you think! 

Slime-sample.jpgSlime02-sample.jpgWisp-sample.jpgZombie01%20sample.jpgZombie02-sample.jpg

As for the game itself, we are very glad to say that it is 100% complete story-wise :)

So we are now busy adding battles, side-quests and hand-drawn cutscenes -.-"

Thanks for your support as always! 

Creating hand-drawn cutscenes is like pulling teeth. Slowly pulling teeth. With no anesthesia. It hurts. >.>

With that aside, those tiles look really great! They're too side-view to fit in with the Ace program with works with a wonky half-slanted top-down altered perspective, but you could use them for cutscenes or touch them up to fit the right perspective if you like~

Hello, it's been a while!

Project DarkEnd, after a year's worth of hard works, is now completed and going to be released soon.

The game is undergoing rigorous testing by a group of highly OCD players. Hope this will iron out all the bugs and glitches smile.gif

DarkEnd will be available on Steam and other gaming portals in October. Please stay tuned!

Thank you very much for all your supports smile.gif

Wow! You guys have really been at work then :) To get this completed in a year? That's brilliant....AND great to hear! :) I look forward to seeing it when it's out~

After 3 abandoned projects, we just became more realistic. This project is neither too epic nor overly ambitious. I think it helped us work in our own pace throughout the year and finally able to complete it (sort of, still cleaning up the bugs and glitches) :)

Thanks for all your supports :3

Unfortunately, uptobox.com is not available in my country it seems. Based upon the screenshots on the previous page, I have to say that this look amazing. Only two things, a misspelling of organization (you spelled it with an s instead of a z) but you may have fixed that in the demo. Also, the pic with the bridge. The stone floor of the bridge appears to disappear before it reaches the stone rails nearest to the player. Just something random I noticed. Other than those two really minor details, it looks fantastic based upon the screenshots. Great work!

Unfortunately, uptobox.com is not available in my country it seems. Based upon the screenshots on the previous page, I have to say that this look amazing. Only two things, a misspelling of organization (you spelled it with an s instead of a z) but you may have fixed that in the demo. Also, the pic with the bridge. The stone floor of the bridge appears to disappear before it reaches the stone rails nearest to the player. Just something random I noticed. Other than those two really minor details, it looks fantastic based upon the screenshots. Great work!

Oh, sorry I just realised that uptobox is not available worldwide >.<.

You can download the demo from this site : Link . A much more reliable place to for download :)

And yes, this game has so many grammar and spelling errors, awkward usages, for English is not our first language. Currently trying the best to fix the problem :) along with other issues and bugs. Hope I could iron out major bugs in time :)

Thanks

Oh, thanks! I'm downloading this right now an I'll get back to you on the better and worse qualities.

How's the game? Any feedback you would like to share with us?

Anyway, while making STC, Haru accidentally created this fabulous pixel work.

I will just leave it here.

svas_icon_large.png

I haven't gotten around to playing too much, maybe an hour or so. But what I played so far is really good. I'm really not able to find anything to complain about. The gameplay is really good, maps are breathtaking, and the character is really neat. I think you've got a winner here! :)

Hello, everyone! 

We have great news! DarkEnd is now fully completed and will be released very soon on Steam and other gaming portals this month. Please give it a go! :)

The Steam version will also be accompanied by a set of Steam Trading Cards. Here's a promo showing what they'll look like:

Promo-small.jpg

We also updated the trailer video, so please make sure you check it out too! ^__^

And, we truly thank you guys for all your support! We could've never made it without you ( ^_^)/ 

Please keep on supporting us! :)

Edited by HaruAkira

The updated demo for DarkEnd is now available! It is now playable up to the 2nd dungeon!

Please give it a go (^__^)

Demo v.2.0 available now! (261MB)

Mediafire

Google drive

If you enjoyed it, please support us and buy it on Steam and other gaming portals :D

Buy now on Steam! (20% off until 24/10/14)

Buy now on GamersGate to get exclusive artworks!

Thank you for all your support!

Edited by HaruAkira

I'll give it go. New dungeon! :P

Your game looks very beautiful. I' going to buy it from Steam when I get the extra cash. Also your artwork is amazing! I really hope you keep up the good work. :)

Really appreciated that you like the demo :D

We are planning to add a free expansion with a brand new storyline and 3-5+ hours of gameplay, plus updated graphic and other fixes along with the game update soon :D