@Kayako: Lol, thanks hun! And I love all of these updates~ The church is adorable, and the new mechanics fit soundly with everything you have thus far. This is just such a fun project! (Though maybe a little less so to build with an injury and all...)

Also, yes, #MerryMeMalanya. She is just all forms of epic. I have a feeling I'll be stuck between her and Gaia for Celeste...*sighs* I'm not looking forward to that decision. 

@Rvrdrgn: Those sprites are amazing! Oh my gosh, you are so talented! *Q* Seriously, excellent work; animation is no joke!

@Tsar: A delicious fan art! She looks the perfect balance between mysterious and just slightlywicked. I'm going to have to try and achieve that myself, when I draw her. Which has me scared.  :unsure:

First of all, thank you so much for this game. I was happy to see some yuri- related rpg maker games.

(English is not my native language, so I apologize if I write something weird ^^ This is my first time in an english forum, too.)

I've played the third demo as far as I could. I really like the characters and find the slime queen very cute. Glad I didn't have to kill her.

Soo...I'm in Arowar now and sadly I'm stuck. I'll write down what cought my eyes so far...

Possible bugs:

I made friends with the slime queen and even wild slimes seem to love me - at least this was the case fort a short while. They turned hostile again. @.@

The succubus lady won't tell me anything about my current mission. If I click that option, nothing happens. 

Other problems with the game:

Healing items are too expensive - I'm always short on gold (mostly found on the ground) because enemys won't drop enough gold / items you can sell.

I've wasted all my heal items on the robot boss and I don't have enough gold to buy new stuff.

Enemys are too hard - I chose the armor with poison protection, but it doesn't help -  every enemy debuffs the group to loose HP with bleeding, rabies (?) and poison. It's really annoying to be half dead after one or two battles. :x

You can't really grind to be stronger. Weak enemys always flee in groups and other enemys are too hard. The highwaymen / brigards can stunlock the heroine and kill the priestess in only one round. I'm level 8 at that point.

The fourth wall boss...He can cast his aoe spell three times in a row and you can't do anything against it. x.x

The game is way too dark. Oil is expensive and runs out too quickly.

Questions:

Are slime girls only for armys or is there an option to have one in the team? I was looking forward to have one as a buddy.

After you beat the machine boss - why is there an option to breed scorpion warriors? The threat is gone and I spoke to the mayor. Why would they want to turn other girls into scorpion thingies? Doesn't they want to turn back to their old selfs? 

How do you beat the fourth wall? I tried to hit him gently to not provoke too many aoe spells of death at the same round...but in the end, he always annihilates the group with 2-3 spells in a row. Are you supposed to go elsewhere? I don't know what to do. :(

What happens to Riliane if you decide to give her to the slime queen? Do they kill her? It was a bit confusing that she was so horrified. I thought I would only lend her to them for a short while. °3°

First of all, thank you so much for this game. I was happy to see some yuri- related rpg maker games.

(English is not my native language, so I apologize if I write something weird ^^ This is my first time in an english forum, too.)

I've played the third demo as far as I could. I really like the characters and find the slime queen very cute. Glad I didn't have to kill her.

Soo...I'm in Arowar now and sadly I'm stuck. I'll write down what cought my eyes so far...

Possible bugs:

I made friends with the slime queen and even wild slimes seem to love me - at least this was the case fort a short while. They turned hostile again. @.@

The succubus lady won't tell me anything about my current mission. If I click that option, nothing happens. 

Other problems with the game:

Healing items are too expensive - I'm always short on gold (mostly found on the ground) because enemys won't drop enough gold / items you can sell.

I've wasted all my heal items on the robot boss and I don't have enough gold to buy new stuff.

Enemys are too hard - I chose the armor with poison protection, but it doesn't help -  every enemy debuffs the group to loose HP with bleeding, rabies (?) and poison. It's really annoying to be half dead after one or two battles. :x

You can't really grind to be stronger. Weak enemys always flee in groups and other enemys are too hard. The highwaymen / brigards can stunlock the heroine and kill the priestess in only one round. I'm level 8 at that point.

The fourth wall boss...He can cast his aoe spell three times in a row and you can't do anything against it. x.x

The game is way too dark. Oil is expensive and runs out too quickly.

Questions:

Are slime girls only for armys or is there an option to have one in the team? I was looking forward to have one as a buddy.

After you beat the machine boss - why is there an option to breed scorpion warriors? The threat is gone and I spoke to the mayor. Why would they want to turn other girls into scorpion thingies? Doesn't they want to turn back to their old selfs? 

How do you beat the fourth wall? I tried to hit him gently to not provoke too many aoe spells of death at the same round...but in the end, he always annihilates the group with 2-3 spells in a row. Are you supposed to go elsewhere? I don't know what to do. :(

What happens to Riliane if you decide to give her to the slime queen? Do they kill her? It was a bit confusing that she was so horrified. I thought I would only lend her to them for a short while. °3°

First of all, thank you for your comment, I'll try to address all of the things you found as soon as I can, though I likely won't be releasing a next demo for a while, moving towards a full release now~

(Ever so slowly)

As for making it to Arowar, that is pretty much the demo end, there's one more boss, but it seems you found him already and battled him. He's an (Overpowered) joke more than anything else!

If I do include the fourth wall in future version I'll make sure to prevent that silly thing from being possible

For the next release I'll make healing items less expensive and do the same for lamp oil, it's true that you can find most of the items you need just by examining things,

but some people prefer not to have to press E at every last thing!

Hmn, Gaia won't talk about your current mission? I wonder at what part you are, I must have set her up wrong for some quest, but I wonder which one.

Nevertheless, when I do find it I'll fix it up!

It seems you're indeed having a hard time, and to answer the reason why that is, as well as if slimes are more than just an "army" the moment you allied the slime queen the difficulty was balanced around the prospect of you having a slime in your party. You can look at Celeste's "Summon" skill tab after befriending the  slime queen. This will then have the spell "Blue slime"

Which allows you to summon one of those goo-girls! The goo girls have a rather tough defense and can intercept attacks on their allies.

I also fixed it up so that all 'wild' blue slimes now become friendly after earning the slime queen's trust.

And yes, giving Riliane to the slime queen will turn her into... well...

A, different way to make new slimes! She won't die, but she won't be able to fight anymore either.

As for the scorpion girls, I don't think they'd want to change back, if that were possible. Their current state has... quite a few benefits.

As for breeding them. I'd like to think they found a more natural way to reproduce. Not involving capturing people to turn them.

Oh, so you are not supposed to beat him...I was so frustrated with him, that I almost gave up. Mainly because I got the usual Game Over screen and thought it was just a normal boss. 

Ok, so I simply overlooked the summon option - good to know, thanks.

I examine everything I can, but I didn't find much so far. Hmm...maybe I didn't searched enough.

Regarding to Gaia - the diary says at that part:

'The hunt is on'

Head west towards the village of Arowar and find more information about Marian's whereabouts. I think the picture in the book to give a hint is outdated,too.

If I talk to her and choose 'About your current mission' she simply turns away.

Btw, is there a pole yet in the demo? I didn't find something for the bridge.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I will look forward to your next release. :3

Edit: Oh, Forgot something:

Fullscreen doesn't work for me. (Win 8.1, tried compatibility mode with admin and win xp) I clicked on fullscreen and tried alt + enter, but it does nothing except that the game hangs for a short while.

And Riliane sometimes sleeps in the same bed, sometimes in the other bed. I don't know if that is intended or not.

Edited by MagiMaki

This game is honestly gonna be one of the best RPG maker games of all time when it's completed. Just wow...you've come a long way. You're definitely my inspiration when making my RPG, some of your maps are just thrilling and exotic. ^~^ I love this game, I love you, I love Allusion and her art, just wow. You've rocked my socks off and that's increasingly hard to do I think. ^~^ 

Oh, so you are not supposed to beat him...I was so frustrated with him, that I almost gave up. Mainly because I got the usual Game Over screen and thought it was just a normal boss. 

Ok, so I simply overlooked the summon option - good to know, thanks.

I examine everything I can, but I didn't find much so far. Hmm...maybe I didn't searched enough.

Regarding to Gaia - the diary says at that part:

'The hunt is on'

Head west towards the village of Arowar and find more information about Marian's whereabouts. I think the picture in the book to give a hint is outdated,too.

If I talk to her and choose 'About your current mission' she simply turns away.

Btw, is there a pole yet in the demo? I didn't find something for the bridge.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I will look forward to your next release. :3

Edit: Oh, Forgot something:

Fullscreen doesn't work for me. (Win 8.1, tried compatibility mode with admin and win xp) I clicked on fullscreen and tried alt + enter, but it does nothing except that the game hangs for a short while.

And Riliane sometimes sleeps in the same bed, sometimes in the other bed. I don't know if that is intended or not.

That last one I have never seen happening before, it definitely should work in fullscreen. Odd.

As for Riliane, if she joins a bed with you depends on if she likes you or not, saying things she doesn't like or doing things she considers "Wrong" can cause

her to decide to sleep in another bed for a while.

A pole though? I didn't understand that part, a pole in the demo for the bridge?

I found the error with Gaia and will fix that for the next release

As for the final boss, he is beatable, just hard, and he sometimes glitched... here's a video where someone beat him!

http://youtu.be/j6QrZQCrCh8?t=14m27s

Near the mirror cave on the right side there was a destroyed bridge - Celeste says at that part that you'll need a pole or a board (?) to reach the other side.

I only did things Riliane liked - I think where she sleeps is random. I can sleep twice in a row and she could sleep elsewhere the second time. It catched my attention as I tried to grind for some gold.  

Interesting, thx for the link. :>

Ah, that's actually sort of an easter egg! You need to unequip your spear and use that on the bridge, it gives you a better spear for Celeste.

in other words, you just never get rid of the crappy spear you get at the beginning  of the game ;)?

-Shamelessly Double-posts cause she has no other choice-

I have been looking over a lot of posts in the thread here, taking some messages from a let's-play done some time ago, and as a result fixed up

the old demo a bit (I've made a little progress on the game since, but thought some the errors in the demo were too serious to not address.)

I got rid of various bugs reported (Such as the game potentially getting stuck during Malayna's "Fury cutter" ultimate in the boss fight with her

And passed through a lot of fixes.

Changes since last demo:

Malayna:

Malayna now has her final faceset.

The first conversation with her no longer has auto-scroll text.

Fury cutter no longer has a chance of getting her locked in a loop animation.

Fury cutter now usable if Malayna is in your party from level 8 (down from 20)

Celeste:

Celeste can now buy new skills using soul essence.

Gaia:

"Bitch slap!" Now does decent damage.

"Devil's kiss" now makes the fourth wall unable to use "save state" for the rest of the battle.

Fourth wall:

"The attack the developer liked" now triggers on certain health percentages, making it unlikely to happen twice or more in a row.

PURITY:

Beefed up Purity's resistances somewhat, making you less likely to stunlock him into an "easy mode" battle.

Balancing:

Reduced the cost of lamp oil.

Reduced the cost of Healing items.

Added a shop in the Scorpid village.

Added a new accessory "Glasses" which allows the use of the "scan" ability for the person who has them equipped.

Reduced the health of the enemies in the Yua caves and on lush road some.

-Miscellaneous bugfixes which I sadly forgot to note down-

I hope these edits make gameplay a little more bearable so I can rest easy while I work towards the next version of the game.

Edited by KayakoChan

@Kayako: Lol, thanks hun! And I love all of these updates~ The church is adorable, and the new mechanics fit soundly with everything you have thus far. This is just such a fun project! (Though maybe a little less so to build with an injury and all...)

Also, yes, #MerryMeMalanya. She is just all forms of epic. I have a feeling I'll be stuck between her and Gaia for Celeste...*sighs* I'm not looking forward to that decision. 

@Rvrdrgn: Those sprites are amazing! Oh my gosh, you are so talented! *Q* Seriously, excellent work; animation is no joke!

@Tsar: A delicious fan art! She looks the perfect balance between mysterious and just slightlywicked. I'm going to have to try and achieve that myself, when I draw her. Which has me scared.  :unsure:

Thank you. Animation is quite fun to do, but I'm afraid I'm tied up with some problems with RL at the moment so I have to delay the ghost sprite. Kaya also insisted I rest during the Christmas Holidays so I did. I will get back to it as soon as I am done settling things RL. I do find it hard to do any sort of art when I'm distracted like this.

Your portraits are quite lovely and I'm glad you're helping out to make the game as well. I have absolutely no complaints with how your work turned out.

As for the artwork you should just go ahead and do it. The worst that can happen is that you get a little better at something you're not familiar with!

I'm glad it's at least being of some use! I won't have the time and ability to release a new demo soon,

so I at least wanted the current one to be playable.

And don't worry, there's a couple of very talented and reliable people backing me up when I need them, I feel blessed in that.

Edited by KayakoChan

I'm a tad bit afraid of this thread considering the game contains yuri undertones and the whole first thread page has mostly females.

what's there to be afraid of? *throws a lesbian at tsujimoto* are you afraid of fabulous gayness? *throws a lesbian at tsujimoto* Does it make you uncomfortable? *Throws a lesbian at tsujimoto*

or by chance are you worried about the guys on the intro post? don't worry, they only show up for *throws a lesbian at tsujimoto* like, 2 minutes. tops.

(no offense is meant to gays of any sort or to homophobes of any sort. accept the pure humor and serious questioning and go on with your lives)

It's okay, I understand the yuri theme isn't for everyone! Or there might be the fear that all men are depicted as horrible creatures due to the author being what they call a "feminazi" Now I think of it, in the start there are indeed a number of "bad" male characters. At the point I am working on right now though at least one has redeemed himself. And another is soon to follow. The arch-demon demon of madness and greed will also be male, and I will make sure he's a likable (But insane) fellow too.

On a different note I replaced a few more of the old faces with new ones.

Malayna, Celeste, and a favourite of many:

Slimey!

Slime_Girl_bust_zps92c04065.png

Now have their final Allusion-made portraits.

I also replaced facegen Archimedus by an edited RTP placeholder.

Edited by KayakoChan

I'm a tad bit afraid of this thread considering the game contains yuri undertones and the whole first thread page has mostly females.

Afraid of what? Some pictures of girls holding hands? Afraid that some girls being perverted with each other freaks you out? Afraid that the creator has actually busted her balls making an actual decent RPG Maker game and the fact that you're just judging based on some prejudiced homophobic tendency?

God, I hate men.

Edited by Arin

Hey again KayokoChan!
Just letting you know that I will be streaming your game on 1/18/2015 @10:00PM CST if you can make it! Also, hopefully all the lovely people here following your game can get a chance to come check it out as well! 

It'll be here:
 Drassray's Twitch Channel

Take care! :D

Afraid of what? Some pictures of girls holding hands? Afraid that some girls being perverted with each other freaks you out? Afraid that the creator has actually busted her balls making an actual decent RPG Maker game and the fact that you're just judging based on some prejudiced homophobic tendency?

God, I hate men.

Haha, I'm not sure if that's what Tsujimoto meant. In fact, I don't have any idea which part he was afraid of. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If it is indeed Homophobia, I'm afraid that is deep-rooted in our society, and it's going to take a long while before we lose that. I made a rather controversial game and there will be people who hate me for it. However, there will also be plenty of people who will either like it, or take it as what it is, a love story in which gender isn't important.

This thread is quickly becoming derailed. Let's keep the focus on the game itself, and what you think can help the developer to improve. If you're not a fan of the content or themes, that's fine, there are other game threads you can check out.

Thank you Amerk A lot of good things have come from the community of this site, so I think most people here are nice people. Still I'm glad you're ever vigilant.

XD I didn't mean to start controversy, keep working on the game I hope it comes out soon :D

It's okay, no offense taken really. I've heard worse things than someone not agreeing with a theme of a game I made, and I won't force it down anyone's throat!

Hey again KayokoChan!

Just letting you know that I will be streaming your game on 1/18/2015 @10:00PM CST if you can make it! Also, hopefully all the lovely people here following your game can get a chance to come check it out as well! 

It'll be here:

Drassray's Twitch Channel

Take care! :D

Let's see, if my calculations are correct that will be 5 in the morning for me, I "Might" be able to get up in time if I throw my schedule around completely. Can't promise anything though. I followed your channel though. Maybe I'll be able to pop into your channel in the near future.

Squee looks very pretty!

Anything special planned for your next update, Kayako? Or do you want to keep that a surprise?

Hmmhmm, Allusion is amazing like that, I'm also happy with the bust. I really wonder if she still has them for the other characters as well, keep forgetting to ask!

As for the other things in the update, we'll just have to wait and see. I'll have a lot of work to do, and some very important balancing

(I foresee the "Death link" spell beign vastly overpowered on the knight right now) And we're going to learn a lot about Riliane and Archimedes. That's all I will reveal so far.

Edited by KayakoChan