I can do that for you yes! It's an easy enough fix I could probably get with some script hacking in the load function. But for now this edited save should suffice~

Let me know if it works, I altered the save in a newer build so I am not sure what this will affect!

Save02.rvdata2

8 minutes ago, KayakoChan said:

I can do that for you yes! It's an easy enough fix I could probably get with some script hacking in the load function. But for now this edited save should suffice~

Let me know if it works, I altered the save in a newer build so I am not sure what this will affect!

Save02.rvdata2

it works great! The bugged is fixed and there are no other problems so far! Thank you so much :lol:

Keep going, your game is great!

Phew, I am glad that worked out, I will hotfix the demo as soon as I can find a way to prevent the bug from ever occurring again. Until then, try to avoid saving in locations where your character is hidden under a cliff or wall as that seems to have a tiny chance of resulting in a wonky save like that~

Thank you for pointing this error out to me!♪

I went back and fixed up the demo, the error that caused the occasional unusable saves should no longer exist!

Since it's just a fix and not a completely new demo, the URL remains the same:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6w216eme8s1epj8/Corruption_of_Laetitia_-_Demo_4B.exe

I'm still working on new maps and enemies for the game. Here's a picture of the currently in progress "Camp Akateko"

in the Demonic home plane "The abyss"

8gGzHAn.png

Most of the demon world will be Asian themed with the hopes I can include some interesting monsters from Japanese folklore without them feeling out of place.

I'm still going of course~!

Not a lot to show here since the forum is pretty much dead. Merely bumping so the thread doesn't get locked again when I have a release~!

Have some harpy gifs~

rsjivxd.gif

QLUTnTS.gif

Edited by KayakoChan

Oh, Looks like the thread hasn't been locked again since the last update!

I haven't shared any updates here since... the forums are kind of inactive! That said though I -HAVE- Been working on the game!

The game now has a trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIiPvcKwndA

As well as an updated demo which will (If nothing horrible happens) be compatible with the final version of the game

so you can keep your old saves! (Sadly I can't promise this with 100% certainty since RPG maker can be wacky)

Corruption of Laetitia - Demo 4C

Edited by KayakoChan

This is literally in my top 4 RPG Maker games of all time! It has everything I look for in a good game: great aesthetic, a great beginning with instantly recognizable characters; entertaining and well written dialogue, fast paced, engaging combat; awesome atmosphere that makes the game world feel alive, an overworld you can actually interact with, hilarious references..."I've discovered a new recipe~!"

I've been playing for 4+ hours and it''s literally 1am now!

This game's great, but sadly not perfect. There's always room for improvement (although, frankly, I haven't much to complain about... maybe you could add some more custom animations for skills and like) All in all, you did a great job KayakoChan. I look forward to playing the full game, and whatever else comes after.

Ehehe, You really give me too much credit! Sorry for the late reply, the last two weeks have been rather time-consuming indeed!

Yeah, I feel like custom animations would have gone a long way, sadly I'm not really very good at those so perhaps for my next project

(Or perhaps a remake if I get to that) It might be something worth looking into! I'm glad you did like it despite that little imperfection, I promise I'm still working on the game

and am nearing the final stretch A few more areas, a few more rooms and I'll be done!

I can't do the complicated visual stuff yet, but I have been playing around with the map-sprites more as seen in this video~

Edited by KayakoChan
Bad grammars

It is done~!

After all these years I finally finished this game.

I will tell you it was a huge trip. Adding story branches and different endings.

Trying to make the characters feel likable (Or even relatable?) And the world feel lived-in.

I don't think anything was ever this hard or time consuming.

4000 hours went into crafting this game from start to finish.

But in the end I'm happy I did it. Not for the money (As the game is free) or for any hope of being noticed.

But just to feel like the passion of writing this story and making it playable produced something tangible.

For those who still followed this thread to the end (If anyone) I thank you.

The game is free to download at http://www.mediafire.com/file/64psm8e63hfbzu0/Corruption_of_Laetitia.exe/file

Or if you want to see a little more you can visit the site I set up for it at http://laetitia-rpg.000webhostapp.com/

Once again, Thank you all. This was a hell of a ride.

Once I collect myself I will ask for an admin to move this thread to "Completed games" Where

it can continue to wither and die as it has been all these years~!

Yo1S043.png

Ehehe~ Thank you! It's been a long time hasn't it?
At moments I admit I felt like I'd never get there.

I hope you enjoy this little game of mine~!

(For some reason this post got deleted)

Anyway, I made a number of changes!
-Improved skill descriptions to better show their effects.
-Fixed a ton of small (Mostly graphical errors) where characters would show up which were no longer on your side.
-Changed the colour of the game's windowskin.
-Increased the capacity and value of Lantern oil by around 300%
-Made the "Apocalypse" spell do more initial damage but less damage per extra soul.
-Added the ability to disable battle voices.

-Increased money and item drops slightly.
-Made it possible to harvest apples by interacting with the tree trunk.
-Added difficulty modes.
6Z1pwOp.png

1 hour ago, KayakoChan said:

-Added difficulty modes.

One of the single most challenging things to do, no matter where you are in development.

I'll eventually get to play this. I've been needing to focus more on my own project, which hasn't been easy to accomplish...

Outstanding work, this game is just beautiful and just shy of my all time favourite rpgmaker game, Embrick of Wulfhammer Castle (rip SaintBomber).

The 5 years were a long ride and incidentally you realesed the game just when i thought it would never come, but you can see where every second of it went.

I just finished my first playthrough and am ecstatic to see you added difficulty options.

My only qualm with the game is that there isn't as much artwork between the gal pals as the first demo let me to hope.

Second reason i'm here, next to the due congratulations, is i noticed a fair amount of bugs so i saw it my duty to report them.

-At the top of the forgotten tower when gungnir chooses you you recieve two of them, one equippet and one in inventory

-Entering the arowar church causes you to get stuck in it because it has no exit

-Saving under the wall overhang left of the arowar entrance causes you to get stuck on top of it upon reload

-The non-dormant version of excalibur, that is after it was thrown into the mana lake, doesn't change Riliane's class to Battlepriest

-Throwing the twinblades of levanta into the mana lake causes you to recieve a second instance rather than deleting the first one.

-You can't rent a room in the Gruhnwal Inn unless you have an Inn Coupon, because the dialoge window closes after the innkeeper says the price

-Riliane mentions that Gruhnwal is part of the alliance way before it is conquered

-The Switch that indicates that Arowar got conquered doesn't seem to work, which causes you to be unable to enter the city again outside of teleportation

-During the Siege of Ostburg where Celeste says that the tank needs to reach the gate she is shown as half-demon even if turned back into a Valkyrie

-Opening the book "The Exiled Angels" from the inventory open "Cu Culainn's Fall" instead.

-Returning to the Conferrence Room in Arowar sometimes causes the screen to go black.

-There is an Achievement and a Title in the Rune Book respectively called "Stalwart Defense" and "Pure Death", both of which aren't achievable (i looked into the script)

Okay, that's it for now i think, i probs forgot a couple but will report them if i remember or find more.

Cheers~

Oh my, You found a lot of problems indeed, many of which I had thought I had solved already (Some of which I fixed in the last patch last night, luckily)

I didn't tie a title reward to that, but the achievement is indeed unobtainable. As for "pure dead" For some reason I forgot to actually

set the title reward... Both should be fixed in the next patch!

For the romance scenes, I had intended for more, But since I don't have a dedicated artist yet (Working on that) I can't go as all-out as I'd wish..

The next game I make will definitely be of less great a scope since something as complex as this just results in too many issues way too easily,
I should have fixed these bugs as I speak though, Just need to test the game from start to finish again to confirm~

...In the new "Hellish Yard" difficulty.

Edit:
One update further and all these bugs are (Probably) fixed. The ones that remain are the ones that only happen in very specific circumstances...

When the RM engine has a weird hiccup.

https://kayakoamaya.itch.io/corruption-of-laetitia

Edited by KayakoChan

I'm playing the original release, so some of these may be patched already:

-sometimes Apocalypse just doesn't trigger correctly. Either the graphics don't play and it skips to the damage resolution step, or the whole thing just fails including the damage/status step.

-trying to get spells to play nice with the ability to act twice is hard. Leech in particular tends to end your turn if it's the first spell. Might be because of the party heal effect it causes.

-I killed the slime queen and went back to the tower, walked down the left side of the portal room, event didn't fire properly and I got stuck facing the portal after Gaia finishes her initial conversation. Reloaded, went back, walked down the right side, and the event fired, moving the supposedly-dead slime queen into the tower. Possibly a good thing she's there, since asking for slime status prompted her to upgrade my class to abyss oracle, which seemed a bit of a non-sequiteur.

-the right-side cupboard/shelf in Malayna's kitchen shows a blonde portrait when interacted with despite me being still all demonic-like

-after a suicide bomber took out the bridge, returning to the bridge tries to play the same scene and then locks the game once you fly into the water

-I tried to use a Girtablilu's poison attack directly from the Ability menu during the first large battle, and it crashed the game

-on the road to the capital, the insulated robe is called 'insulated cloak' when you take it from the chest

-dead slime queen showed up and supplied troops at the second battle planning meeting

Great game, though, bugs aside.

Edited by Szk
found another

Thank you for the feedback! And I'm glad you enjoyed the game despite it's somewhat buggy status!

Sadly the first two bugs are caused by engine related problems which I really can't fix at this point. While normally they work fine,

The slightest FPS drop or other kind of process spike can break them and I'm not exactly a coder.

While I will look into them and see if there's a way I can make them more 'stable' I can't promise much in that regard.

The slime queen bug however I am pretty sure I did something wrong there and almost certain I can fix it. I will look into that post haste.
Her event is full of issues like that because I made it many years ago when I was pretty much a child X3

As for you upgrading to Abyss Oracle, that isn't supposed to happen until

Your corruption is high beyond redemption (140). So I wonder what you did to get it so high up to begin with, this early~!

Most of the other bugs are simple things I should be able to fix today~! (Or are already fixed in one of the 50+ patches I did)

Thank you again~ I doubt I can ever make this game truly bug-free... It's way too complex for little me to handle. But I'll try and get as close to that as possible!

Edit:
Queen and bridge related issues are all fixed.
Seems I never tested the "Kill the queen" option beyond the act itself and the results of it were never set to be called.

Edited by KayakoChan
Fixed more bugs

I bring you more bugs!

-Arowar church again, you can't walk on the not carpet floor.

-2nd. level of the Living mountain cave, the iron ore is unreachable because you can't walk on the tiles in front of it. That wasn't the case before the last update.

-Sometimes Time freezes and can neither be advance through the clock nor sleeping in a bed.

-Another switch related problem, the map with the wounded paladin after returning to Ramarian Keep does not update after he gives you the paladin headband in Grunhwal.

-The event after Grunhwal where Riliane ask what Celeste plans on doing after beating the Cardinal: The option "You'll be there with me right?" decreases Gaia's affinity instead of increasing it. That's only a guess though whever that's intended or not.

That's it for now

My personal opinion about Hard Difficulty is you could propably crank it up some more, at least in the later parts of the games i don't feel much different compared to normal.

The biggest difference it makes is that enimies can crit which especially early on can be hard to take but later in the game you generally have the Health to tank it.

Cheers~

Thank you for continuing to search through the rubble that is my game! I made some quick fixes though I can't test or upload the patch for a bit due to more urgent...
More stressful issues.
The time freeze is intentional in some places where time passing would feel weirder than time standing still,

but it's possible that it may have spilled over into places where it isn't supposed to be the case. I will have to look into that later~

The other issues are fixed in the next patch,

safe the difficulty since I found that depending on many choices (Especially if you play as mage and go 'neutral') you tend to end up in 'no win scenarios'

meaning I will have to test it more often on all different settings before I can fully balance it~ It remains unchanged for now but I'll look toward it in the future~!

Not sure when I can test and update though... Going through a hell of a time right now. Family issues, money issues..

Edited by KayakoChan