No problem, i love this game so i really don't mind replaying it. Thank you for your swift response and please continue the good work.

edit: another bug i forgot to mention, my alraunes don't get their buff "tree spirit" when i have more than 7, didn't test it yet with 5 and 3.

edit2: Nevermind, apparently it just didn't show up(?). Well it does now, so all is good.

edit3: No, that was photosynthesis, my bad. The Buff for 1st and 2nd tier is there but not for 3rd tier, that is with 7 or more Alraunes.

Edited by vDreamerV

Oof, Yeah, That was another complicated set of events, It should be working in the next patch, whenever I'll release that! Just finished uploading a patch with some fixes to the church (There's still some tiles that look like they should be walkable but aren't, but the alternative would look worse.) The inns, and other small fixes. As well as more obvious hints as to when you're approaching a 'bad end' and more ways to help avert it.

Also made a more detailed character page for the three main love interests. (though full of spoilers)
qigZoot.png

Here's bunch of bugs that i've found
Ruins of arowar:
- "Exit west" teleports to south gate instead. The only way around that is using tp (which will bring you to conquered version instead of ruined)
- "Enter the keep" seems like brings to dungeon instead

And then goes ruins of Gruhnwal:
- going to world map through this options tps you in blackness
- universal travel makes MC invisible
- "Exit north" teleports to south arowar gates instead (so yeah get stuckd m8)
- also "Exit south" causes infinite rain

Ah, seems that's another thing I may have broken when fixing another bug. I will get on fixing that tomorrow!

Hopefully this time without breaking something else. The game has become so huge and unstable~

Sorry for the trouble~!

Edit: the version on the Mediafire (And probably Itch.io... never certain with that place.) should have the issue fixed.

Exiting and re-entering the ruined city should remedy the current issues.

Note that I have to rush to work now so I can't test it... busy life.

Edited by KayakoChan
Fixed~

Oof, Yeah, I should really do more playthroughs of my game on the evil route and such...
the problem is, I hate doing the evil things in my game... Y-Y

So I tend to try if they work initially and just reload.
Fixes should have been made again!
(And again my last post was somehow not saved. Not sure what the hell is wrong here.)

In Forgotten Tower F2, entering the Harmony event from the lowest tile possible can cause Celeste to run into a wall, stalling the game.

Similar, in the Dreamy Dryad inn, if you talk to the innkeeper from the north and pick leave, Celeste will attempt to walk south into the counter, stalling the game. Talking to the chef from the south and sparing him will also result in Celeste running south, and potentially into the wall.

Edited by Bugfragged

A lot of these, except the tavernkeep one, were intentional and shouldn't cause issues as long as one of the scripts doesn't glitch, (One that allows the player to walk underneath walls)now I know that the chance exists that it does though a lot of things that weren't issues before suddenly are. Meaning I have a lot of extra work to do. I hope I can fix them all.

Regardless, while I made the fixes, I can't upload any patches for the coming time as I am in the middle of two versions and the old version is lost due to data corruption. The new one relies on the progress with my artist as a lot of scenes look really weird now, So I hope there won't be more game-breakers.

Edited by KayakoChan

The Part-Timer title doesn't change my stats at all. It seems to be equal to having no title whatsoever.

Also, the game sometimes randomly quits upon initiating a map encounter. I can't figure out how to reproduce it and there's no error message to work with.

The ability to walk under walls doesn't seem to work consistently. In Arowar Outskirts, there's this building to the right of the entrance that can only be accessed by walking under the wall. I wasn't able to walk under the wall at one point, but after some in-game time passed, I was able to walk under the wall. Could it somehow be tied to the time of day? It's also possible that the feature worked again due to me exiting and re-entering the map.

For some reason, Alastar Goldroth's Lightning Arc skill can take precedence over guard.

Edit: The wall issue seems to mostly happen when I run Game.exe and load a save file, causing the walk under wall feature to fail for the map that I loaded into. Going into another room will cause the feature to work again until I close the game window.

Game 2019-05-06 14-26-57-894.jpg

Game 2019-05-06 14-27-14-429.jpg

Edited by Bugfragged

Sadly that depth map bug is a known issue which can only be fixed in two ways, One being remaking the entire game without the feature.
The other being making saving only possible in certain areas that don't use the script.Thus forcing me to add save points which people also don't seem to like.

All I managed to do so far is making it so that you shouldn't get stuck anymore. I used a broken script and no one seems able to fix it.

As for the title, I should be able to fix that, I probably misspelled something!

For the sidequest where I climb the Forgotten Tower and go through barriers of light, how much leeway do I have in lowering my corruption? Are there more than enough events in the game to lower my corruption or do I have to do them all perfectly?

Due to how enemies will run away if I'm at too high a level, getting an entire human mob dead is really luck-based once I'm overleveled. And if not all the mob members are dead, I can't requiem them, thus causing me to lose out on lowering corruption.

Edited by Bugfragged

There is a fair bit of leeway to becoming pure again. In one of my playthroughs I was able to get back to 30 corruption (The requirement for the uppermost floor in the tower) before going to the second world. The trials themselves also lower your corruption slightly!

Thanks for info. I managed to complete the tower sidequest. However, page 21 of the diary is empty even though I have page 20 and page 22, and it seems to occur right before leaving the second world.

Edit: I get this error message when trying to read diary page 30.

---------------------------
Corruption of Laetitia
Script 'YE | Message script' line 938: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `upcase' for nil:NilClass
OK   

Edit 2: The map depth bug actually prevents me from leaving some maps if I load into them, like the smithy in Gruhnwal, though I was barely saved by separate save slots (Abyss Walking is also an option, though only outside the Abyss). Personally, I think you should have both the current download and the patched version of the game (w/ incomplete art) available, since it's possible for a player to get cornered by a bug in the current download and they may need the patched version to proceed. You could simply call the patched version the "beta" branch.

Edited by Bugfragged

Empty pages are related to the separate routes, due to the way I set them up (A huge list of conditional branches and the like) the pages can be collected out of order and some casn't be collected at all if you go a different route. It's a bit confusing but I really know no way to fix it without removing page numbering altogether which.. gets even more confusing.

Edit: I looked up the issue with page 30, it indeed can occur based on certain choices due to a typo. It will be fixed in the next version:

I would do that with having both versions, but the artist I am working with would rather I don't reveal too much of the art before it is all finished.(I got permission to include one of the images) Which a bit of a bummer since that means I can't use it for promotional material and the like... But I'd like to adhere to his wishes since this is the only artist that agreed to work for me out of many, the only thing I could do is have a version where all the art is ripped out and replaced by blank images since for most of them I don't have the old artworks due to my backup storage device getting damaged. And the current release of the project had everything compressed and locked away.

Maybe that is the option I have to go with. But I will see once I talked to the artist. I will quickly make a branching version without the new scenes that don't have any art yet as I don't want to spoil them before they get it.

I may end up doing the save point system. Though I'm certain I'm going to catch flak for that. And it will likely create a host of new bugs.

It's really just the last way I know to get rid of the overhead tiles bug since it only occurs when you save.

Edit2: The people I asked about the bug say that it's really not something I should fix if the fix removes the ability to save everywhere, Completely remaking the game is also not an option considering 4+ years went into making it and I know the few people that wanted to play it have already played it.

It's unlikely I can gather the willpower to finish that gargantuan task with that in mind. (Not to mention the remake would have to be entirely parallax mapped to have the same effect, which takes way longer. Would lag more. And have a terrifyingly huge filesize.)

I will talk to my artist and ask for permission to patch the game including the updated art they did so far. If not I will remove the updated art and replace them with obvious placeholders.

Edited by KayakoChan

2 hours ago, Bugfragged said:

Thanks for the info, and I'm sorry for forgetting about the artist's wishes. As for the old art, have you asked Archeia Nessiah for help in getting the art back from the exported version?

I can do that; I have a method of doing so since it is VX Ace. (MV projects are out of the question)

For the map-depth bug, I noticed that as long as you enter a map through normal (aka non-loading) means, map-depth for that specific map is properly activated for the rest of the gameplay session (though not other maps). When I had map-depth disabled (via cold starting the game) in a room with a bedroom, sleeping in the bed caused map-depth to be re-enabled, possibly because sleeping counts as entering the map. If you add a key item or menu option that essentially causes the player to re-enter the map at the exact spot they were standing in, it might make a workable, but dirty solution to the map-depth problem.

Edited by Bugfragged

I got permission from my artist to include the few artworks that have been redone as a sort of 'sneak preview' So that's one less worry.

Beyond that though...
Spent all day today implementing a somewhat dirty fix for this bug and testing if it didn't break anything else...

I am pretty certain it has simply due to how complicated the game is already. I also noticed it didn't occur as much if you shut the game down using the ingame commands.

And a lot more if you used F12 to reset.

Right now when you load a save it will transfer you to a separate map before reloading the one you were in at the old position.

From what I tested it doesn't cause additional bugs. But it can result in enemies being on top of you when you save on their start position.

It seems to fix the problem at least. hopefully the side effects aren't as extreme as the old issues.

I am compressing and uploading the fixes now!

I'm completely worn out X3

The fix works. I like how you integrated a transition with story-relevant flavor text into the transfer effect.

Also, I found an endgame glitch where returning to the Matriarch's house with Scheherezade in the party causes her to leave the party and reset the Girtablilu headcount to 3.

I finally beat the game on Hellish Yard.

Spoiler
  • The final boss's second phase starts with a stunlock barrage, which actually requires a lot of luck to survive even with the OP half-angel class due to Hellish Yard mulitpliers. I'm not sure I'd be able to win if I had a less durable class, like the mage.
  • Is it intentional that guarding doesn't always get the highest priority in battle? I keep getting into situations where the enemy can act before I guard.
  • When Hawkzombie beat Marian on the neutral path, the second form used a small blue aura, but I got an orange tentacle aura. I assume this is in response to the route I took, but why are there different auras and what does each one specifically do?
  • In the good route, I'm having a hard time understanding Marian's character. Did he really not realize the consequences of any of his actions (such as his pollution or trying to destroy the portal), or did he pretend to have good intentions with his industrial revolution? My guess is that he somehow got infected with the Greed deadly sin that should have belonged to Greg, which skewed his worldview so that he'd conflate his endless pursuit of technological progress and wealth with his religious duty. Maybe he has Sloth (also from Greg) as well, since he didn't make any effort to at least come up with countermeasures to his pollution and make his progress more sustainable. On top of that, Greed may have compelled him to steal the Valkyrie's power, even though he should have been able to accomplish his political goals while keeping her as a living, albeit unwitting pawn.
  • Those last two books were ridiculously hard to find, but Rin's Diary did state something interesting. Rin had the demon Pride in her, but she didn't know until Gaia removed Pride. Maybe this is related to my hypothesis that Marian has Greed, since Marian probably wouldn't know he has it.

Also, it seems that tactical RPG maps don't re-transport, but the map depth glitch can actually trap any units who are on a map-depth tile if you try to load into a tactical RPG battle. This actually managed to screw over two enemy soldiers who were using part of a roof to hide themselves. They were helpless as they watched my tank roll up to the goal point.

Edited by Bugfragged