I kinda like this so far. I have to say first and foremost that the standard battle music is fantastic. Not terribly appropriate for fighting rats, but fantastic nonetheless.

One of my RPG pet peeves is "the dedicated healer", a character that hammers out healing and doesn't do much of anything else. Riliane is one such character, and because of this, if there's no healing to be done, she's pretty useless. I took a peek at the database and, as far as I can tell, the only offensive spell she gets is Divine Light, which she doesn't get until Level 16. Consider giving that (or a weaker spell) to her sooner, because otherwise, Celeste is the only one putting out any kind of damage at the beginning.

That being said, the fact that the lead character is a female is a big plus for me, especially since she can kick butt and take names like a champ. Keep up the good work.

actually, I found that Rillane's physical attack did almost as much as Celeste's, causing me to use her a little more for attacking then healing. by the way, when does the slime attacking Rillane event happen? I couldn't figure that out. And shadowblack, if you paid attention, it's inferred that

Celeste is the Valkyrie after the Valkyrie's powers were stripped from her.

The event with Riliane and the Slime Girl happens in the temple the first time you enter the room with the two beds, but only if you did not defeat the Slime Girl that you see when you first enter the temple (I just ignored her). As for what you wrote in the spoiler:

Yes, I know that, but it's not what I'm referring to. I was looking at the game in the editor, and saw that the event checks if Valkyrie is present. The event happens only if she's not. It's implied that Celeste might be able to go back to being the Valkyrie if she does not become too corrupted, and if that happens the event would become unavailable.

Well, that's a lot of useful information here! Let's see what I can do.

shadowblack

1: Just solved problem 1 by changing the switch to switch 1000

2: also solved, forgot to place markers

3: If I can find the place where to edit the button I could probably change it, the question is, where to?

3.1: no can do due to how heavily scripted those parts are, sorry if the player would skip the texts there it would completely mess up the

cutscenes, If I could remove the 'wait' without messing everything up, or having to completely redo about 20 pages worth of events I would.

4(ish): I guess I'll give an Ephyllin to the player the moment they recruit Riliane, I guess that would make sense, like "She happened to have it on her."

5(ish): I was toying with making Malayna a trap, but since I added her as a female already I won't change it anymore. Still the possibility of adding one later is there.

PS: The event only shows the first place, and the reason I even went as far as adding support for when the Valkyrie is in the party is because as Heartfeltcurse

mentioned

Celeste is in fact the nameless Valkyrie, I only added support for it in case I somehow make it possible to go back to being an angel near the end. I did not deem it necessary to have the event in if you missed it that long. And definitely did not want it to happen twice on one playthrough since it would make no sense.

Spookymothman

Most of the skills that I had there were pretty much leftover from the original setups. But indeed, as mentioned before her melee attack is actually

pretty powerful. However I heave heard your word and finally decided to fully implement the bonus effect of blunt damage (Her staff does blunt damage)

Which is that it has a low chance of stunning an opponent on hit, I also increased her standard attack power. It's also worth mentioning that while

slimes and slime-lings are naturally resistant to slicing and piercing damage, her mace will likely do more damage on them than Celeste's spear.

Heartfeltcurse

It seems your question is answered, but yes, long story short, don't attack the slime girl when she's outside. Just walk past her and into the bedroom.

Edited by KayakoChan

In the settings of Yanfly's Ace Message System line 166 lets you change the button used for skipping the texts. By default it is input button :A, which is the Shift button. In my copy I changed it to Input button :R, which is the W button (as long as the player does not change the default buttons). Obviously you'll need to tell the player which button to use.

While you're at it you might want to check the rest of that script's settings, in case you're planning to use variable 21 and/or 22 for anything.

Edited by shadowblack

Great, I shall do that then!

Also, added a healing event to the tower now.

Of course, the only way a succubus would know how to heal someone

istwB0H.png

Original picture by Shokushu Ura on pixiv

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29090960

Edited by KayakoChan

Great, I love that event already!

By the way, in the tower, near the book that lets you check achievements, titles and relationships, there's some sort of debug/test event you forgot to remove, it seems. Not really a problem, but I thought I should mention it, just in case.

I'm going back and replaying for that scene. already killed the slime girl outside (thought the event would trigger upon defeat, but guess not.)

and uh, sorry shadowblack, i didn't understand fully what you meant. thanks for clarifying.

I updated the demo link with the following suggested fixes:

-Collision fixes in multiple areas.

-Changed "skip text" key to W

-Added healing event to the tower.

-Riliane's melee attacks now have a rare chance of stunning the targets and do slightly increased physical damage.

-Fixed a bug where Riliane's face would not show up during a line she says.

-You now receive a free Euphyllin when you recruit Riliane.

-Blunt damage (Maces/Staffs/Hammers) now does increased damage against slimes.

Now I really need to get motivated to sprite the slime queen.

QueenSlime.jpg

It just takes so long to make an animated battler (About a week with my lack of skill) and it feels like such a thankless job.

I will personally thank you a hundred times over for doing it if you can complete it by Friday. a sprite for the slime queen means a battle with the slime queen.... and possibly an ero scene?

Haha, do it by Friday? That's pretty funny considering I spent an entire week on the single slime sprite!

Making a character composed of three individual slimes proved to be even harder, I failed so often already, it's distressing!

Then again, she's a boss so I guess I can get away without giving her an approach/Retreat/Melee sprite set.

Once I made her, the battle would be easy to make, most of the time for that will go into balancing everything out for the

four possible ways in which you can encounter her (Mage/Knight class, with or without dedicated healer)

As for a game-over scene. I'll likely have to commision it since I don't want to get something R-18, and I am way out of cash now.

Edited by KayakoChan

I finished the updated Demo. A few small things I noticed:

1) When getting healed by Gaia (after the first time) the wrong face is used for two of the messages: If Valkyrie is in the party Celeste's face is used, and if she's not - Valkyrie's face is used

2) A similar issue with one of the texts in the Culia Temple. One of the bookshelves in the room with the beds has the following text: "In this book a young priestess is enslaved and molested by a demoness... Who would read this?" If switch 001 is "on" (and it's always "on" at this time, I believe) the face used is that of Valkyrie.

2.1) I think the conditional branch for that event might be wrong, as switch 001 is always "on" and thus the rest of the conditional branch will never happen

3) In the forest west of the starting tower there's a log that has passability "Star" (i.e. "Always Above Player"), so it can be walked through

Question: Is there any way to reach that grave in the central area south of the Culia Temple's entrance?

About the Game Over scene: You could leave it as text only for now and add the picture later, when you find or commission a suitable one.

I merely fixed some bugs in the updated demo, that's all! There isn't really anything new other than the heal scene, which I just fixed again.

As for getting to the central area, it's possible, it's a secret passage I don't expect people to usually find though!

Just like the secret shortcut into the sewers.

I found the hidden passage to the central area with the cross, and I have to say that the cutscene looks weird if you approach the cross from the right side and decide to "Pay your respects" - it looks like Riliane walks out of the grave, looks at the empty air in front of her, and then goes back into the grave. If you examine the cross from the south it's fine, but if you examine it from the right side it's just weird-looking.

Now to go find this sewer shortcut... EDIT: Found it. I admit it didn't occur to me to examine that "spot" multiple times...

Edited by shadowblack

Alright, I've got a few things to say and/or point out:

First, I have no idea what I was thinking when I said Riliane's damage output was too low. Maybe I was tired or distracted? I dunno, but I was wrong.

Second, my computer is terrible. I went into the Editor and yanked out the Light Effects script (sorry!) because it was giving me crazy frame rate issues. That's not a bug, so much as it's just my computer being lame.

Third, I found a few bugs. The first two are passability bugs.

mz0h.png

This is the map "Cellar". If you step into the tiles highlighted by the red box and go all the way to the left or right, you'll walk onto the ceiling. You can't walk everywhere, but you can walk on most of the room's surrounding tiles.

lhui.png

This is the map "TowerForestRight". You can walk on these walls. The vines to the left, I understand, but it's still kinda weird looking.

And then, during a battle with some slimes, the game froze. It stayed frozen until I pressed F12, when this popped up:

i309.png

Fourth, and finally, the battle music is still awesome. Battle1, specifically. I don't know where you got it, but it's great.

Ah, and back into the editor I go then! (I'm glad I did not lock my project like some people do, I bet most of this feedback would have been impossible then)

I fixed the collision bugs, but the script crash is definitely new to me! Never seen that error before!

Did see another one with 'missing pose' before I cleaned the script up (also Victors script) but not this one!

The songs were by Jeremiah George (McTricky) and can be found in "McTrickys Battle Music Pack"

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/5378-mctrickys-battle-music-packs-1/

I gave a shot at this and enjoyed it heartily! I saw a lot of mixed material and just thought I'd play it because I was a little bored (and I'm not a big fan of facegens), but this turned out well! ^-^ I didn't like how the enemies still followed you and gathered around you even when you were trying to get items or read text or something, but that's a minor something. But I got through it all just to die at the hand of a group of hornets T^T I was sprinting to the hive and the hornets were just too fast...

Still, awesome game. :) 

Ah yes, the bees are annoying buggers aren't they? I guess I should at least double their respawn time when they are revived by the hive.

As for the monsters that follow you even during an event, I tried to make them do so less, by blocking off certain areas when you were reading

but that did not seem to do much! I hope it's not too much of a problem, I'm sorry! I've reached my limit there~

what you could do is make it so all... or at least most, enemies move around randomly, rather than following the player, especially in places where there is reading to do or items to get or yada yada yada