That would make it too easy to avoid everything though, since there's literally no area in my game that does not have things to find or read. And it will also lead

to people ending up being underlevelled and raging at me for making bosses too hard!

For instance, the recommended level at the >Name omitted, surprise< boss is 5-6 but I bet most people engaged it at level 3, then figured there was no way to beat it.

For instance, the recommended level at the >Name omitted, surprise< boss is 5-6 but I bet most people engaged it at level 3, then figured there was no way to beat it.

You could make a event to check the actor's level - maybe have them comment how the boss might be a little difficult - maybe even add a joke about the grind lol.

@KayakoChan: It's okay, I guess it's something we should have to deal with. Real enemies wouldn't just go away in real life you were busy checking out a book or something XD Though the bees really are annoying. They move so fast ;_;

@KayakoChan: It's okay, I guess it's something we should have to deal with. Real enemies wouldn't just go away in real life you were busy checking out a book or something XD Though the bees really are annoying. They move so fast ;_;

yea, I kinda agree. keep everything the way it was, except maybe take the bee's movement speed down a notch.

Fixed the bees, sorry for not adding anything for a while now, I just keep failing very hard on my attempts to sprite the slime queen, which is a little demoralizing considering I also have lots of homework to take care of.

There just HAS to be something that can inspire and motivate me. I don't wanna let anyone down!

So I made some progress again, Not much but it's some. I decided to try out Moghunter's HUD as well as Both Moghunter's

and Victor's Active time battles, I however shortly found out that both of them had some heavy compatibility issues with

my game so I decided to drop the ATB completely. I did however add a toned down version of Moghunter's "Battle cry"

system (I could not get the shouts on attack/use item working so I took that out.)

Also I managed to put together the still sprite for the slime queen, which took me all my willpower to even start on.

I suck at making sprites, so bad.

kzjJPI8.png

The faces will likely be replaced in the future anyway, so this is how it looks for now.

I also managed to throw together a gameover image for her since you wanted it so bad!

Edited by KayakoChan

Ah, I won't be updating the Demo for just a while, I want to have added some significant improvements and at least about 20 minutes of play time before I do so again, especially since despite my best attempts to make old saves compatible with the new version they aren't. Just, bleh.

The tiles look good, the battle system and battle characters look good. The GAME ITSELF looks good. I liked the demo, looking forward to it.

Edited by ZoroarX

Well finally finished the demo - took about 1 hour (was level 4)

The final boss was awesome although a tad overpowered, I just about beat it using celeste as others were dead - that random chance of silencing was kinda essential

The higher frequency of drops much appreciated alongside the healing event.  I look forward to future updates and more witty dialogue :)

Ah, sorry, I have been out of commission for quite a while to long due to various illnesses and depression, my apologies for that.

And that error I have ran into once or twice, I tried to fix it by overwriting my modified code with the newest version of Victor's battles and re-applying all my code changes. But unfortunately, despite thinking I fixed it, the problem persists I see.

Well, that's a show stopper right there.

I have added a few changes again as requested, There's higher drop rates now. As well as Celeste having a higher resistance to poison (this only if you choose not to save Riliane and as such have a way to actually dispel it without spamming the finite antidotes)

Noooooooooooooo couldn't get to slime girl scene because of error: :( .It occurred while battling the first boss ,devilgirl.
I've checked some maps and I really like the outside ones :).
Anyway, I enjoyed playing your demo even though I've played for 10-15 min because of error :(

Edit:Ops looks like you are already informed about the error,sorry should've read the whole tread.

Oh and I've forgot to ask:which script allows you to play the animation on battlers while they are affected by certain state(please don't tell me it's victors side view system... :unsure: )

Error_zpsf527b7a8.png

Edited by J0pac

Sadly it is, I commented on it before and it's quite a bother, since I can't recode it myself and don;t know how to fix it without removing the battle system completely.

At the moment it looks like I will have to freeze the project until Victor updates his side battle script and fixes that error.

Oh, no...I really hope it works out, Kayako. I seriously don't want to see this project end; more importantly, I don't want to see you discouraged. If you need to reach out and share the load, maybe you could start recruiting people? To test out alternative battle systems, and maybe share some of the re-re-re eventing you're doing?  :(

I hope something works out. I really do. 

It took a lot of tinkering, but I managed to get Galv's battle system working, and thus far it seems like it's quite stable.

It doesn't look quite as smooth as victor's though.

Notable differences:

There's a rather long 'lag' between skills being used and damage/healing calculations being done.

There's no way to implement custom skill animations, such as Malayna's fury cutter hitting multiple times.

State animations don't work, meaning no fancy looped poison, sleep, or burn animations.

Enemies don't disappear once killed.

I will miss those features.. But I guess it's a sacrifice for stability.

As for recruitment, I am already relying too much on others, thank you all for your input...

I really need to learn to be able to do more myself.

Edited by KayakoChan

IF you asked, you might be able to get Galv to make some revisions to his script to allow for at least some of those things. "might" being the operative word here, as I have no idea how hard or how long it would be for that to be done...