Ah, that's so nice of you to say so~ I will definitely feel better knowing that♥

I recall someone (SpookyMothMan I think!) saying they didn't like the idea of having a character whose only role is to heal

(Though admittedly, Riliane's attack power is quite high for a healer, not to mention her standard attack can sometimes stun)

But, I did take note of that at the time, and the response is a series of items I'm adding that drastically change how some characters behave.

Other than the fact she will get a nice set of buffs and a few debuffs she can afflict enemies with, she now has those gimmicks

Here's an example:

Q5LxAU4.jpg

cWAWCLU.jpg

When equipped, Riliane becomes unable to cast restoration spells but will instead get a different set of skills.

I hope a few of these items can remedy the issue mentioned before, What say you?

Edited by KayakoChan

Yeah, that was me who said it. I was very tired when I said it, though, so I might not've been paying attention. Still, it's nice to have primary healers with options outside of healing. I like the idea of the necromancer staff, since it really changes the player's approach to battles into something much more aggressive. That's a neat idea, Kayako. Dare I say "speedrun strats"?

Edited by SpookyMothman

Not a lot of progress, but again... Some is better than none. I finally got the fog overlay working, so here's a screenie of that, along with some custom fireflies and my first scorpion girl.

JTKAM6R.png

Also, Getting defeated by the savia village guards now results in a short 'scene' where Celeste ponders her decisions.

UKNhpMr.png

I'm  afraid this is all for today, I can barely move my hand.

Edited by KayakoChan

Kayako, darling~ Rest! Please, you're worrying me! I absolutely love what you've done with the project, (those scorpion girls look amazing!), but you're working yourself too hard. Your hand and neck really must rest, and you need to take a break for yourself! Staying up late and developing until you're crawling isn't going to be worth it in the end. Especially if you've so little morale now.  :(

I truly care for this project, but I care for you more! I don't want it to sap everything you have. So please, eat something, watch something that makes you laugh, curl up and lay down. Sleep! The engine isn't going anywhere, and the game will benefit from a healthy developer. Don't stress, don't even think about it for a few days. Just take care of yourself, okies, hun?  :)

If anyone is interested in having a look at the first hour of gameplay for Corruption of Laetitia (for this version) I have uploaded an HD video of it on Youtube. The Slime Queen fight took slightly longer than it was supposed to because I thought some old mechanics were still in place. The fight has already been updated since the last time I played it. I've picked Knight in previous versions of the game but I picked Mage this time around.

Corruption of Laetitia First Hour Playthrough (Youtube)

Here are links to some encounters in the game for those who do not have much time:

Malayna encounter - 7:00

Paladin encounter - 24:40

Bee Hive encounter - 42:10

Slime Girl encounter - 45:58

Slime Queen encounter - 53:00

Thank you for your contribution, onee-sama. It's real nice to see people play my game~ Makles it worth every moment!

As for the rest, thank you all for your support, I went to visit my mama today, so I had lots of rest, or enough at least!

Time to slave my hands off again♥

So are you telling me that if I made a let's play of me playing your game I'd get you more publicity as long as I have a beautiful face? well...I'll be a donkey's apple that's some mean treatment right there....well maybe I will make a let's play of my beautiful face! because you know what? I'm going to own that Slime Queen!~ Bam! boom....*falls asleep* d..d...dang.....

Edit: Well done on the scorpion girl, btw, it looks like it would have been hard to do.

Edited by Knighterius

So today I  went and replayed the game, accidentally chose the "reject help" button when talking to Gaia, unlike normally, as i prefer to choose the "accept help" button.... I gotta say

Gaia is quite the tsundere, cause when you click "accept help", she kisses you to heal you, and acts like she doesn't have another option, but when you click "reject help" she just heals you with a ray of purple light.

Tsundere Gaia is so cute.

So are you telling me that if I made a let's play of me playing your game I'd get you more publicity as long as I have a beautiful face? well...I'll be a donkey's apple that's some mean treatment right there....well maybe I will make a let's play of my beautiful face! because you know what? I'm going to own that Slime Queen!~ Bam! boom....*falls asleep* d..d...dang.....

Edit: Well done on the scorpion girl, btw, it looks like it would have been hard to do.

Haha, I didn't say that... Did I? I just say I love it to know people play my game~ Though the publicity helps! Ku-ku-ku!

So today I  went and replayed the game, accidentally chose the "reject help" button when talking to Gaia, unlike normally, as i prefer to choose the "accept help" button.... I gotta say

Gaia is quite the tsundere, cause when you click "accept help", she kisses you to heal you, and acts like she doesn't have another option, but when you click "reject help" she just heals you with a ray of purple light.

Tsundere Gaia is so cute.

Let me reply to this with a spoiler as well!

Yes, that's indeed what I intended for her. Gaia is a tsundere. Riliane is for all intents and purposes a dere-dere. And since Malayna is clearly not a kuudere, that leaves only one option, doesn't it?

Let's say that these personalities will lead to both funny, and horrifying situations later on.

a time system?

All of my yes.

btw..

Would that make her a Yandere then? cause uh, now that I think about ti, I can kinda see moments where she hinted at having yandere tendencies. the fact that she's also listed as a "lustful STALKER" in the relationship book thing is also a bit of a giveaway i guess.

Yanderes scare me. It took me forever to finish Mirai Nikki cause of that fear.

also, is there a way in which we can temporarily remove Riliane from our party? I'm asking so that I can go and

give my corruption a decent jump by killing villagers and sheep without wrecking her loyalty to me?

Edited by Heartfeltcurse

I don't have any plans to write a truly tomboyish character yet (more than Mala is anyway) It's harder in English regardless of how hard I try. (I think in one of her battlecries she refers to herself as "boku" anyway.) And yes

Malayna is indeed a yandere. Not that you will seriously notice such for a long time, and any negative thing resulting from this can be avoided.

As for Riliane, it will be possible to switch out party members in later versions of the game, (You can't do so yet, but I'll find a way) However, it's not going to be truly beneficial to have high corruption, you'll really only be getting it cause it;s a side-effect of you stealing/killing for souls. At best, some evil creatures will not attack you anymore.

Edited by KayakoChan

Today's progress is a spoiler.

Part 1 of the questline to regain your old self. Of course, fully optional.

The game can be completed without ever becoming the Valkyrie again.

4Hq7Juh.png

OCTKiEr.png

I also decided not to make it possible to switch out party members as you desire because I believe weighing out pros and cons of your decisions

(And in some cases, the only con is losing respect of the other characters) is an important aspect of the game.

Edit: I went at it and designed my own message window borders. Also changed the default text to a slight orange tint.

HhrPIKy.png

Edited by KayakoChan

I like the window skin, its pretty.

and the corruption thing... eh, that I get more for the thrill of being able to go and say "hey look, I'm a evil bastard" more then anything else.

Thanks! It took a few tries to get it right, it's nothing awesome but at least I can say it's my own~

And about the corruption, If that's the case then you should accept that the other girls aren't exactly going to like you for that~♫

Good girls don't like evil bastards~

Unlikely actually. Malayna has a hatred for humans, not angels. Her turning Celeste into a demon was her genuinely wanting Celeste to live rather than a desire to corrupt her.

In fact, she'd be more frustrated at Celeste using becoming a demon as what in her eyes is an excuse to be evil.

Gaia isn't the type to care as she only has a distaste for men. And since there's no way to become a guy. You don't have to worry about that (I did include a few checks for in case I ever decide to make it possible for people to choose between a male or female character, The chance of which is 0.001%, only because one of my friends wanted that option.)

also, for the sake of having some update today, scorpids and their pets are alive~

LFNO3YZ.png

DURqJBQ.png

Well the thing is that in corruption of Laetita, Succubi aren't what they are portrayed to be. They are merely used as excuses by cuckolding husbands so they can tell to their wives

"No, I didn't cheat on you, I was under a succubus' spell!" which is why she dislikes them so much, since, while they indeed do use seduction and mind control as weapons they

don't actually get their energy through sexual means.

Not made any progress today, sadly, or minor progress. A friend of mine who likes to start helping again insisted I write a google docs file on the planned storyline and a glossary involving

things like a list of known regions, character names, made-up materials and a dictionary of new words.

So yes, sadly that's all. As for the desert area, the part here is actually very small, later in the story the areas will become bigger as you come closer to

the source of the pollution killing the world.

And I guess I have something significant to add again. So yay. with the help of Ryvrdrgn14 I am working on an intro, it's about halfway done, shading and background still need to come

but it's a good start I guess!

There's just one little thing I want to ask, is there a way for the animations to be put OVER the pictures I use in my scene?