u37dRq7.jpg

Genre: Adventure/Action/Fantasy RPG
Progression: 30%

The only way to understand The Warriors of Solian II is playing The Warriors of Solian I. All the episodes are connected to each other.
Welcome to Team Lightning's next RPG Project Topic!
This project is led by: Skyninja

We are now telling the ages of the characters, to show that they age.

- Storyline -

Months had passed after the end of the war between Solians and Darkners, and the peace was restored, with no need of destroying any of these two tribes. Now this island is known as Solian, where you can call the ex-Darkner side "North Solian" and the other part, "South Solian".

Flynt and his brother Ray can no longer stay in Solian, so they had to go to another island, the island that they found was Sherdlin, where Flynt met the Diablo Quartet, that gave him fragments of the Fragments of Power, to increase the power of his weapon. But Flynt only received those fragments because he accepted a Curse Deal. He would have to kill the 6 Legendary Warriors that already appeared, or else all his power and Vital Energy would belong to the master of the Diablo Quartet, who is unknown.

Who is the problem now? Flynt? The Diablo Quartet? Their master? The Diablo Sword? What can the Legendary Warriors do with so many problems at the same time? The group of the Nine Legendary Warriors isn't complete yet, and maybe it'll never be completed if this darkness wave doesn't stop.

More secrets will be revealed in The Warriors of Solian II - The Dark Destructor.

- Characters -

- Heroes -

72Lqo.pngKai (You)

The best Swordman in South Solian. He has great fighting skills. After the war between Solian and Darkner ended, he decided to wear a new armor and train every day, to finally discover who's the strongest Swordman in all Solian.

Race: Human
Weapon: Light Sword (Modified by the Star of Power)

o9nb.pngJin

The best Mage in South Solian. He is indeed a smart guy and is always trying to help his partners when they need him. He won't let anyone stop him while he's trying to save his partners.

Weapon: Light Spear (Modified by the Star of Power)

yl9i.pngHaruka

The best Archer in South Solian. She has a great audition. Her skills with the Bow are even better, so it'll be hard to see her missing an attack.

Weapon: Light Bow (Modified by the Star of Power)

uig3.pngTai

The best Swordman in North Solian. He's not Kai's enemy anymore, they are friends, but at the same time, great rivals! Tai is a great strategist. Tai is learning stop being always serious.

Weapon: Dark Sword (Modified by the Star of Power)

agfv.pngSilver

The best Mage in North Solian. He's as smart as Jin, and they are also great friends and rivals, trying to know who is the best Mage. When he finds someone suspicious, there's only one thing the thinks about: "Do not trust this person"

Weapon: Dark Spear (Modified by the Star of Power)

dtw6.pngAspen

The best Archer in North Solian. Now she's Haruka's best friend. Aspen is learning to stop being always serious, just as Tai (and is doing really good). Now that she is a Solian, she will help them with her great vision skills, and the ability we all know: She never misses a target.

Weapon: Dark Bow (Modified by the Star of Power)

- Villains -

XTDdLf0.pngFlynt

After he disappeared from Solian, everyone thought he gave up, but he didn't. He doesn't care about anybody else and has a really resistant armor. After enchanting his weapon, he ran away to the new island, known as Sherdlin, where he met the Diablo Quartet. They gave him fragments of the Fragments of Power, that made the Dark Power inside him take over his body and transform him into a Demon.

Race: Demon in Human Form
Weapon: "The Dark Destructor", enchanted by the Volcano Blacksmith and fused with fragments of the Fragments of Power, thanks to the Diablo Quartet.

ykww.pngRay
He used to be the Leader of the Midwilds. He's Flynt's brother and masters all the weapons except the Bow and the Spear, but he has destructive techniques like the Blitz Attack and the Omnislash.

Weapon: All The Weapons except Bow and Spear.

The Diablo Quartet

I'm sorry for this, but all these characters, with exception of Zephyrus are from the RTP.

72IBo.png Zephyrus
He is the only Demon in the Quartet. He uses Dark Powers and a Sword.

Race: Demon

72IEl.png Black Mage
He uses black magic, is always using the cloak and is always trying to help his master.

72IHG.png Masked Man
He's a really mysterious man and he rarely talks.

72IFl.png Asthar
His power limit is unknown, so this means he can do almost anything with the Black Mage while using magic.

72IJW.png ???
There's nothing you can say about him. He always appears as a shadow and nobody mentions his name. The new Legendary Warriors probably don't know him, but he knows them very well, and he is their worst enemy.

- Screenshots -

Title Screen

2il0uRJ.png

Flynt talking to the Blacksmith

vnLyLpK.png

Chimera Boss 1

wKiIfqj.png

Mountain Village House

43ACfSA.png

Another Chimera Boss? "You must love this Chimera!"

Illusio's Special Arena

vM6AEXH.png

- Features -

• Xiderwog Action System (XAS Battle System) added.
  • Yami's Sideview Battle System and XAS Battle System are being used at the same time
  • Collectables that are also Power-Ups!

- Credits -

At last, we have the credits.

Artwork:
Skyninja
Kentard

Audio:
Fanmade Studios/DarkTreecko2 (You can find his channel clicking here)
(Some musics from Castle Crashers and Kirby's Return to Dreamland were also used).

Title Screen:
Background from RMVXA
Edited by Skyninja

Sprites:
Skyninja (using Famitsu's Site)

Scripting:
Yanfly, Zeus81, MOGHunter, V.M of D.T, Yami/Symphoria, Xiderwog, Modern Algebra, Dekita

Logo:
Resource Dragon (Thanks for the Logo, dude!)

Events:
Skyninja

Tilesets:
Mack Mapchips
Enterbrain

Engine:
Enterbrain/Degica's RPG Maker VX Ace

Story:
Skyninja (Yeah, I did lots of things)

Special Thanks:
Resource Dragon
ALL Coders who created these awesome Scripts
Team Lightning

- Download -

Average playtime: 20 - 30 minutes
Demo v1.0 (English): Download

RTP Data (Required): Download It Here

- Videos -

- Extra Information -

A Curse Deal is a deal that, if you accept, you'll be OBLIGATED to do what the deal tells you to do, or else you'll be punished by the punishment chosen while making the deal.
Yes, I have removed one of the features because it wouldn't work.

Support Us!

If you'd like to help our project, please put this in your signature

u37dRq7.jpg

Code:

[url=http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/21999-the-warriors-of-solian-ii-the-dark-destructor/][img=http://i.imgur.com/u37dRq7.jpg][/url]

- Promo Art(s) -

yILyOlb.png

- Update Log -

==========================
| Version 0.5 |
| (Pre-Alpha) |
------------------------------------------
| New Forms to Play introduced |
| for the first time. |
==========================
| Demo 1.0 |
------------------------------------------
| New Maps Added |
| Old Maps Improved |
| Collectables Added |
| Party & Battle Member |
| Limit Increased |
|                                                    |
| New Enemies & Bosses |
|                                                    |
===========================

Edited by Skyninja

The maps look a bit empty. And this is just a pet-peave of mine but, why are all the characters a bunch of tweens?? For me, that's a turn off. It leads me to believe that dialogue within the game will be written at more of a grade-school level. I really like deep stories that have well written dialogue that fits the characters and the situations. I haven't played the first game, but I will search it out and see what's up!

The maps look a bit empty. And this is just a pet-peave of mine but, why are all the characters a bunch of tweens?? For me, that's a turn off. It leads me to believe that dialogue within the game will be written at more of a grade-school level. I really like deep stories that have well written dialogue that fits the characters and the situations. I haven't played the first game, but I will search it out and see what's up!

Don't worry about the dialogues, I won't writew them in a "grade-school level", because it's stupid, and besides, The Warriors of Solian from episodes 1 through 4 are based in the Middle and Modern ages (and that affects the way of the characters to speak), and then Episode 5 introduces the technology to the world. Until Episode 6, that is the last Episode of The first Warriors of Solian, they will be 17 years old (Tai will be 18).

EDIT: Not stupid but... Not recommendable in my opinion. I don't like that in games, to be honest.

EDIT2:

Looks good, but work on your mapping  :D

Oh, I'm sorry about that, I'll edit that part, I forgot to say that they are just scene maps.

Edited by ZoroarX

Why the RTP? You can easily use the Character generator to make non-RTP characters for the demon quartet.

Well, I'll think about that because... The generator I use will make characters that totally won't fit the Diablo Quartet... Zephyrus is supposed to be the only demon in the Quartet, while the other ones, well.. They looked perfect to the Diablo Quartet.

Guys, I'm editing this post again to tell you that we have more updates! We have fixed some errors that we found while creating the game, and probably the Portuguese version will be cancelled (Why? Because we're just having more work to do for nothing. We just need the English version, since this forum is for people who speak English.)
Anyway, here comes the updates.

Well, finally we have the banner that leads to this topic. If you'd like to support us or advertise this project, please put this in your Signature:

u37dRq7.jpg

Code:

[url=http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/21999-the-warriors-of-solian-ii-the-dark-destructor/][img=http://i.imgur.com/u37dRq7.jpg][/url]
Edited by ZoroarX

Names of your characters are very nice. (Kai is name of your main character and he's male and one of my female characters name is also Kai!)

Story and characters are good, but your maps are little empty (Hey, how am i to say you that I am totally new here and I haven't even finish my first game!)

I'll play this demo and the first part so I'll tell you what am I thinking about that.

But this look very good!

I just finished playing the current demo, and I really liked it for the most part. :D ZoroarX I sent you a personal message telling you the majority of my thoughts, but I must agree with the people here. Fill up those maps :D I'm sure you'll get to it. Keep it up!

Wow, this looks like a very promising game! I haven't played the demo yet, but I figured I could

at least post some feedback on the topic.

The first thing I noticed is your mapping could use some TileB-D. They seem kinda bland, I don't know. Don't be afraid

to spend more time on your maps than you need to! I know mapping is the worst part of making an RPG. :P

The story looks great! It's not complicated enough to write a book about, but it is most fitting for a fantasy RPG!

The characters are pretty cool. I like their weapons at least. I would focus a bit more on describing their personality

rather than their role within the game. Try to select each character and pair them with one adjective that could

describe them, that's what I do. (For example, valiant, defeatist, benign, etc)

Lastly, be sure to credit Famitsu, not ZoraorX, for the sprites. You didn't make them lol, you just chose the parts. ^_^

Otherwise, looks like a great game! Good luck! :)

Wow, that was a great feedback, I really appreciate the tips you gave me. Just saying, you changed the place of some letters while spelling "ZoroarX" xD

About the maps, well... In this Episode (2 of 6 for the first season) they are gonna kill me, they're really hard but, here I go! I will try improving the ones I should. The ones which I use the XAS System can't be Full of things or else the player won't be able to move anywhere during the battle.

Alright, we got some Updates! Kentard created this Potrait for Kai. Remember, ALL credits go to Kentard:

zoro_zps85057ec8.jpg

I've played the demo and I have to say I really like a lot of things you put in here! :D

Of course, the majority likes you to visualize the map even more, but I'm sure a few "patches" can get it on the spot.

Personally, I'm one of those people that enjoy the gameplay more than the map, but adding some visuals can give an environmental experience.The danger warning reminds me of a certain game in the Dot Hack series that had that same message before an attack comes. (that's my viewing). Anyways, keep it up! I'm looking forward to the updates!

Edited by LadySchalla

Thanks for your support. Sadly, I am currently out of time to work on the game, but soon I'll have some time for it.

Well, I'm updtating this thing again!

Now we've added something that sounds really interesting for many: Collectables!

We know that, lots and lots of people love collectables in games, so we are adding them in the game.

Also, these Items we are hiding in the game are not just Collectables but also Power-Ups! After you get a certain number of that same item, you will get an extra Power-Up with a NPC that will be mentioned soon.

Well the game looks promising so far

What I like:

• BGM
  • 2 Battle systems
  • Characters
  • Some cool stuff like card master.

What I dislike:

• Mapping
  • 8 direction

My recommendation is well edit tilesets and make maps not so big with empty spaces. The ABS & Turn battles are good, keep em. BGM aswell, really liked it. The 8 direction system would seem nice only if you had the sprites for it, else remove it.

Overall, keep on with the project, you can achieve something nice and interesting with what you are showing, just needs a bit more polishing.

@Zoecyta thanks for your feedback. About the 8 Direction, this is automatically added by the XAS System and I have no idea how to remove it. Also, the 8 Direction System is somehow better to Xiderwog's Action System.

About the Mapping, yeah, I have and will improve some of them. Thanks

Edited by ZoroarX

Alright,so... I've only played the demo of the second part,but so far,I really like it.^^

However,just like the other said... the maps are kind of empty. In my opinion,it's better to have a better balanced map...like...if the map is big,then add a fair amount of objects and such into the map. I'd also recommend to at least let the hero  walk into one of the houses....like Link and always stealing stuff like potions and such....I like to steal stuff from the villagers,it's fun.~

Hmm...what else to say...Right! The characters! To be honest,I think it's kind of unbelievable that the heroes are so young and the best swordsman,archer,whatsoever. If they had a bit more detailed background story,then it would more believable,but if their backgrounds are explained in the first part,then just ignore this part of the feedback.xD 

Now onto the good points~

I like how you used two types of battle systems,it's really interesting to play then.^^ The story is also pretty simple,but really likeable,since it doesn't confuse you much...yet.Who knows?Maybe it will in the future...I dunno.

Anyway,keep up the good work! I really enjoyed the demo and look forward to the finished work.^^

Hmm...what else to say...Right! The characters! To be honest,I think it's kind of unbelievable that the heroes are so young and the best swordsman,archer,whatsoever. If they had a bit more detailed background story,then it would more believable,but if their backgrounds are explained in the first part,then just ignore this part of the feedback.xD 

They are never really explained because it's like "The Past isn't Important" they won't be important during the entire story because nothing very Shocking or Surprising happened in their lives before the beginning of Episode I. Maybe in Season 2 (The New Warriors of Solian). Also, they are young like that because I don't want them to be 17 in Episode VI. I'm gonna tell you, I didn't want them to be that young, but I had to do that so they would be 17 until Episode VI

The story is also pretty simple,but really likeable,since it doesn't confuse you much...yet.Who knows?Maybe it will in the future...I dunno.

Well, what can I say? Yes >=D, but not very confusing, I don't think it's good to see players saying things like this: "This is.. Very confusing"

Edited by ZoroarX

[...] "The Past isn't Important" [...] Maybe in Season 2 (The New Warriors of Solian). Also, they are young like that because I don't want them to be 17 in Episode VI. I'm gonna tell you, I didn't want them to be that young, but I had to do that so they would be 17 until Episode VI.

I'd be careful with that,to be honest.^^; It's probably only me,but I think that,even though the past might not be relevant to the story,it is relevant for the character and personality of the characters in the story...like,the background story of them,might explain sometimes some decisions and flaws of the characters and maybe make the character even more likeable.

Oh,I see.^^ I'm actually kind of amazed at the moment because you seem to have already planned the story through and through.Well,seems reasonable enough,I guess then.xD

Hello everyone. I'm gonna say this right now, so you will know what's going on.

Since I am really busy because of school, I'm continuing the game's project during the Weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). I will do my best to upload the Final Version of the game before June.