Shad3

Auto Skill on Turn/Action End

This script adds the option of having a character execute specified skills on the end of turn or action.
EndTurnSkill.png
Download here. (updated to v1.3)

Installation

Put this script below Materials and above Main.

Usage

Tag a feature object (actors, classes, enemies, weapons, armors, or states) with any of the specified notetags:
<end turn skill: skill_id>
<end action skill: skill_id>

where skill_id is the skill that will be used on turn or action end.

For example, tagging Poison state with

<end turn skill: 10>

will make battlers inflicted with Poison utilize skill number 10 (Shock) on turn end.

By default, normal restrictions for the skill (MP/TP cost, weapon restrictions, skill seals) also apply. If you want the battler to execute the skill even when he is normally unable to, add "forced" to the notetag.
For example, tagging Stun state with

<end action skill: 94, forced>

will make a stunned battler execute skill number 94 (Zero Storm) on action end, even when stunned or otherwise unable to.

*New in 1.3*
You can also add an option for the skill to have a percentage chance to be used.

For example,

<end turn skill: 24, chance: 50>

will result in the battler having a 50% chance to use meditate.

You can use any of the options at the same time. Separate the options with at least a comma.

<end turn skill: 66, forced, chance: 33>
<end turn skill: 13, chance: 90, forced>
Edited by Shad3

Thank you  :) I made this because I want a damage over time that is tied to battler stats, as I feel that standard poison damage is lacking in options.

Hey Shad3

This is a great script! I love the idea and hope I can get it to work with my project =D

I want to use it for various reasons including the one you mentioned about Poison's HP drain. So I have the Poison state calling up a self inflicting damage skill with my poison sap rate. The script works as it should... BUT I am using Saba Kan's Ao No Kiseki CBT. With this battle system each actor/enemy gets an individual turn.

I was wondering if there was a way to make it assess what defines a "turn." With Saba Kan's system your script causes the poison effect to take effect after each individual person/enemies' turn. Would it be possible to have the state only go off when it is the individual's turn who has the state applied?

Let me know your thoughts. I really look forward to using this script if it is possible! Thanks for the scripts and for any help you can provide.

~ Dinhbat

Ahh that worked.. my apologies. One of the states I applied caused the actor to have a cannot move restriction. I thought the end action tag required an actual input (though considering your forced feature, I'm not sure why I thought so)

Thank so much Shad3. It's working great and allows me to remove 3 confusing event systems 2 switches and 5 variables!

~ Dinhbat

This one is very useful. Especialy since it has great compability.

I'm using Ramiros SBS and Yamis PCTB an u can create very tactical stuff with this script!

Keep on the good work!

Awesome work. Any chance of adding a percentage chance to have these effects activate? As it is now, it's a guarantee.

Adding a chance to it would allow us to make more tactical choices, like a weapon that has a 25% of a follow-up fire-elemental attack.

It is not too hard to add a percentage chance. Do remember though that these auto skills are triggered even when the action taken is nothing.

It would be a lovely addition to get this compatible with VE ATB. Right now, because of the way VE handles turns/actions, it repeats the follow-up action over and over again.

That is... problematic. I (maybe) understand why Victor made the script like that, but still....

Try this snippet to hopefully fix it.

module BattleManager

# Alias Victor's BattleManager's turn_end
  class <<self; alias :turn_end_shd_ast :turn_end; end
  def self.turn_end
    SceneManager.scene.execute_end_skill unless scene_changing?
    turn_end_shd_ast
  end

end

class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base

# Overwriting Auto Skill's turn_end
  def turn_end
  end

end

This seemingly stops end TURN abilities in VE ATB, and still allows end ACTION abilities to repeat over and over. The good news is it didn't break anything (no crashes or anything like that).

EDIT: It also seems to stop ATB abilities with charge times to execute properly, at all times. ;_;

Edited by William C

Awesome work. Any chance of adding a percentage chance to have these effects activate? As it is now, it's a guarantee.

Adding a chance to it would allow us to make more tactical choices, like a weapon that has a 25% of a follow-up fire-elemental attack.

I also think that would be a great update =D

~ Dinhbat

Sorry to necro this old thread but just wanna know whether there is an updated version that allows us to set % chance to proc auto skill?

Necro! :P

In all seriousness though, I haven't made any progress in RM since my own project lost to faulty HDD a year ago... coupled with increase in worktime, it's hard to motivate myself to make anything afterwards. I am thinking on going back to RM though, got nagging ideas in my head  :)

About the % proc chance... I'm going to add it now.

Edit: And updated. Check the download link in the first post.

Edited by Shad3

Necro! :P

In all seriousness though, I haven't made any progress in RM since my own project lost to faulty HDD a year ago... coupled with increase in worktime, it's hard to motivate myself to make anything afterwards. I am thinking on going back to RM though, got nagging ideas in my head :)

About the % proc chance... I'm going to add it now.

Edit: And updated. Check the download link in the first post.

Can't believe you came back! Sad to hear you have lost your project though.

Thank you for quick help Shad3.