xs.png

XS - Records

Version: 1.0c

Introduction
Ever wanted to keep track of certain things ingame using only variables? You can now do that quite easily using XS - Records. It is easy to understand and pretty neat to show off some useful information to the player in your game.

Features

• Easy to use and install.
  • Takes only a minute or two to setup the record list!
  • Variables to keep track of the values in the records.
  • Records can be checked if it is added as well as enabled/disabled. (Can be neat for certain quests)
  • You can enable/disable a record ingame as well as add and remove it as you please.
  • Unlimited records can be added to the scene. (You will be able to scroll through them.)
  • Icon support which can be enabled/disabled. Icons are optional for a record as well.
  • And more!

Screenshots

xs-records.png

How to Use
Instructions how to use it can be find inside the script.
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here.

Updates
Version 1.0b: Added support for icons as well as fixed a few spelling errors and unwanted code.
Version 1.0c: You can now add unlimited records to the scene! This version also fixes a few other alignment/padding problems as well.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using this script. Thanks.
Can be use in a commercial project.

Edited by Nicke

Awesome!

I just posted fairly right when you posted the script :P.

It just appeared suddenly.

Anyway, this is perfect for my game! Thank you!

@Pikalyze: Ah neat, I actually updated the script now to support icons so make sure you grab the latest addition. Hope you like it. Let me know if you find any weird bugs or so :)

Okay, version 1.0c up. You can now add unlimited records and if there are too many on the page you will be able to scroll through them! :)

xD I made a script exactly like this and came on to post it but looks like you've nicely made it already :3

@snow: Well, you could post the one you made too. I like it when we have more scripts to select from :).

Mine is almost exactly like this except it's about half the size of the screen and aligned to the right, with a command menu on the left that leads to the bestiary, journal, help menu, profiles, and etc xD

I would post it, but I don't feel as confident with it.. I see your script and everything is done neatly in order ^_^

I like that you've changed the font and put icons there, it really defines the scene.

I tried just to open the menu, but the game crashed with the error "NoMethodError Occured. Undefined method "each" for nil:NilClass." Also I am confused about one thing with the script. Let's so I want one record to be how many steps I've walked. Will that happen automatically as you set it up, or is there something I need to do with the variables?

Thank You

Edit: Oh yeah, this was on line 200

Edited by Username78

Make sure you are using the latest vesion.

@Lionheart: What seems to be the problem? The records you add are not being shown or?

Hello! :D I'll explain... ;)

I do not know what should I write in the call script ... :wacko:

I put everything recommended by the manufacturer of the script gives me error! What's wrong?!? :blink:

Thank you for responding! :D

What type of error do you get and what are you trying to do?

I am guessing you want to call the records scene at the map or at another scene right? To do that do the following script call in an event:

SceneManager.call(Scene_Records)

@lionheart:

try adding the record first using script call. ex:

record(1, :add)

or just

record_all

to add all record.

before calling the

SceneManager.call(Scene_Records)

if that doesn't work maybe there some compatibility issues with your other script.

ps: i try assigning my variable not number but string instead (using change variable - set - script call). and it is neatly shown.

this could be useful for my city information since i can display city names etc :D.

really good script. double thumbs up :D.

Thank you ... :D

But how do you add the chests?

Ex .. I open 3 chests ... how do I update the records that I opened those certain chests?

@lionheart : you could add one more lines in every chest event you have. change variable that you use for chest count in the record and increase it by 1.

Thank you so much ... I think I understand now ...

Hey I love this script! It fits into what I've already programmed! But I'm wondering if you could make an option to have it call from the main menu? I know I could use another script called common event menu option but I want to save it for level maps...