EXACT Extention v1.03

Introduction:

In the new VXAce, the commands in the Window_ActorCommand use skills from the database, for Attack and Guard. But what if you want other skills to be commands? (Such as "Steal", "Flee", "Scan", ect.) In this script, any skill you wish can now be a command.

Features:

• Place Skills in actor command window (If actor has skill and if switch is on [optional])
  • Specify where you wish commands to be placed.

Updates:

• Fix Bugs
  • Changed to use Regexp
  • No longer displays command skills in skill command

Edited by Zetu

Each symbol in the CMDS array is an action. :attack == attack, :skill = skills, :guard == guard, :item == item.

If you want a skill to be a command, :skill, <Skill_ID>,

For all skills you don't want to list individually, place :exact.

I don't see how complicated that can be.

you mean :skillid ? Don't place the ID after :skill, that's where all the non-indexed skills go. Place it after :skillid, and you can create multiple :skillid 's

i keep getting an error

line 18: SyntaxError occurred

unexpected tSYMBEG, expecting ']'

:item

edit: nevermind! had a comma missing!

Edited by UindoOokami

I'm also sorry for the necropost... but I can't get this to work for the life of me :/ I've tried absolutely everything and I can't even get any error messages to pop up. No new skills in the command window, no errors, nothing. It's as if the script wasn't even in there... Can someone please spell this out for me, step by step? I have got to be missing something...

Nevermind. I finally got it. My apologies. I was entering everything conceivable EXCEPT /<exact>/i into the skill note tags... It's always the last thing you can possibly think of :/

I'm new to this sort of thing, and I just can't get this to work, and I don't really understand the instructions either. i'm sorry for being a bother, but I input the skill id after :skillid, and yet nothing happens, no new command comes up, nothing! Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing, and please explain it fully.

Edited by Hyuji

I also still don't understand how to use this script... I noticed that there was no way to simply have a character do nothing on their turn, so I tried using this script to create a 'Wait' command. I created a skill at slot 40 called 'Wait', but didn't apply any effects to it so it doesnt do anything, then put " :skillid, 40, " below the other commands in the script, then gave all of my characters the wait command, saved and tested the game, but nobody gets the command. What am I doing wrong?

PS, Sorry for the necro post, but I thought it might be better to ask here, where it seemed most relevant, than to make a whole new thread about it...

Having some issues with this. I was able to make the skill into a command, But I do not understand how to make it only show up for one class.

Ideally I am speaking of the steal skill.

Currently, all my classes get steal.

I used the :skillid, #

and in the skill added the /<exact>/i

I have a feeling I should be using the "inclusive" exact instead, but not sure how to set that up.

EDIT : Got it working.

Edited by Blue001