Sleek Gauges v1.0

By Vlue

Introduction
Transform your gauges (hp/mp/etc bars) with different looks and special effects.
Styles include regular, rounded border, or fancy slant. Oooh, ahhh.

Features
- Slightly different gauge styles!
- Special effects like non-static numbers and gradual fall!

Screenshots

SleekBars.png

A picture alone can't show much, this video can help though:

How to Use
Plug and play and customize as needed.

Script
Script can be found on the pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/AGYN7e6V

Patches:
Yanfly Ace Engine - Ace Battle Engine and Sleek Gauges: http://pastebin.com/ezuqBw0x

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free to use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given.

Author's Notes
This is optional. (It still is)

Edited by Vlue

The effects, such as the smooth fade of the bar and the changing numbers, do not seem to work when Yanfly's Battle Engine is in the Script Database.

Indeed! The dream of perfect compatibility was just that. :(

I'll write some sort of patch to make the two work together, probably Monday.

Indeed! The dream of perfect compatibility was just that. :(

I'll write some sort of patch to make the two work together, probably Monday.

No problem, and thanks! The gauges look incredible and are most definitely sleek. I think it won me over KMS's Generic Gauge because of the animated numbers

Updated original post with a link to the patch for Yanfly Ace Engine and Sleek Gauges, to be placed below both scripts. Whee.

I've run into a hiccup when using the item command with Yanfly's Battle Engine

8M2oPP5.jpg

Things that might be causing this could be me editing your script to omit the Vocab and Max Value text. The only script that I can think of that also takes part in this hiccup is a script that makes a sub-text for the Skill Command and Yanfly's Core Engine that changes the resolution.

Edited by AJNR

Tested it, and yes, it is still a hiccup.

7xjsvW2.jpg

I believe that this might be because your gauges are themselves instead of a modified Yanfly gauge. I've encountered this before with Ocedic's Animated Gauges, where the Gauge overlaps the original Yanfly's instead of modifying it. Maybe if I find a way to remove the gauges from Yanfly's Battle Engine, this won't occur, no?

No, with the patch it replaces the draw_gauge functions of Ace Battle Engine with Sleek Gauges. Also, I don't see any of these problems when using just the Ace Engine, Sleek Gauges, Patch. Culprit may be another script.

I'll look through my scripts later and post any that might seem to be causing this. Thanks for the quick response, though.

Edited by AJNR

No, with the patch it replaces the draw_gauge functions of Ace Battle Engine with Sleek Gauges. Also, I don't see any of these problems when using just the Ace Engine, Sleek Gauges, Patch. Culprit may be another script.

Here's the list of Scripts I'm using. Those highlighted in Yellow may be involved with the issue. Those highlighted in Red are empty slots (Title is there, but not script)

vlAjCQy.png

Hmm, that's a bunch. How about doing a search (shift+ctrl+f) for Window_BattleStatus, and list off whatever scripts involve that.

That pins in down to Yanfly's Battle Engine. I'm pretty sure I edited that section to remove the Max Values and Vocab, too.

QlHswdT.png

Hmm, well try removing or disabling the scripts you think might be causing this problem one by one until you find which ones causing it. And also try with just the three (engine, Gauge, patch) in a new project to see if it occurs. Maybe I couldn't see it.

Alright. I tested it with a Vanilla Project with Yanfly Battle Engine, Sleek Gauges, and Patches.

hbmAnK8.jpg

The left occurs after entering the Item Window, regardless if you've used an item or not, I'm pretty sure it might happen through other circumstances.

The right occurs after attempting to Escape, maybe when the Battle_Status Window disappears - so do the gauges.

Another thing, is that when a text box message is in battle, the gauges will stay in place without a window or sometimes disappear.

Hi! I've run into the following issue with your script: when I open the menu, if an actor has less than his/her max HP, it counts down from full (just the numbers, the gauge begins at the proper length) to the amount of HP left. The same happens when any scene (such as status, skill, etc.) is opened. I assume it would happen with MP as well, but since I'm using Victor's MP level system, no singular MP number is displayed.

Note: it still occurs when all other scripts are disabled.

Edited by Naridar

Hi! I've run into the following issue with your script: when I open the menu, if an actor has less than his/her max HP, it counts down from full (just the numbers, the gauge begins at the proper length) to the amount of HP left. The same happens when any scene (such as status, skill, etc.) is opened. I assume it would happen with MP as well, but since I'm using Victor's MP level system, no singular MP number is displayed.

Note: it still occurs when all other scripts are disabled.

(Late response, been without net) Known problem (I wouldn't really call it an issue! An annoyance maybe) that I haven't found a workaround for yet that doesn't just break the script all together. It's not a problem of compatibility.

I love that animated numbers! Currently I'm using HP/MP bars, but when it comes to TP, I just use numbers for I just want them simple and neat, too many gauges sometimes will damage the simplicity. For the same reason, the maximun number is not nessesary I suppose. Buy I still love your seek gauges as well as animated numbers, could you help me modify the script?

Here's how I change the tp gauge based on defalut style, not yours, so no animated numbers I desire>.<

def draw_actor_tp(actor, dx, dy, width = 120)
cy = (Font.default_size - contents.font.size) / 2 + 6
san = text_size("0000%").width
change_color(Color.new(128,128,128))
agg_tot = 0
contents.font.bold = true
change_color(Color.new(128,128,128))
atp = actor.tp.to_i
str = ""
str = "0" if atp < 100
str = "00" if atp < 10
draw_text(dx+12+san, dy+cy, 42, line_height, str)
change_color(tp_color(actor, actor.tp.to_i))
draw_text(dx+12+san+text_size(str).width, dy+cy, 42, line_height, atp.to_s + "%")
contents.font.bold = false

change_color(system_color)

contents.font.size = 15
draw_text(dx+8, dy+cy, 60, line_height, " SAN")
end
def tp_color(actor, hard = 100)
return Color.new(255,215-(125-hard),200-(125-hard),255) if hard < 100
return Color.new(255,235,55,255) # REVERSE
end

Can you help me modify this, getting the tp(SAN) number dance, and cancel the tp gauge? If possible, can you cancel the max number(HP\MP\TP)?

If you want to not show the TP Gauge, you can just comment out the draw_gauge line in draw_actor_tp and it only shows current TP, so I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

If you wanted to hide the max values for hp and mp all together, you can edit the draw_current_and_max_values function in Window_Base and just comment out the lines that draw the / and the max.

I don't know how to  comment out the draw_gauge while showing TP number(with your animation effect). The following will lead to error.

def draw_actor_tp(actor, x, y, width = 124, height = SPECIAL_GAUGES::DEFAULT_HEIGHT, notext = false)
# draw_gauge(x, y, width, actor.tp_rate, tp_gauge_color1, tp_gauge_color2, height)
@gauges[[x,y]].set_extra(Vocab::tp_a,actor.tp.to_i,100) unless notext
end

But simplly define draw_actor_tp using draw_text will lose the animation effect.

Instead of commenting it out, try changing width to 1 or something ridiculously small... I have no idea what it will do, but maybe it'll work!

This is a really amazing script, but I wish it was a bit more compatible with Yami's Classical ATB system. Unless the Gauge option is set to static, the ATB Meter doesn't work quite right, and Charging doesn't change the color of the meter like it should.