Zetu

Simple Steal Command

Simple Steal Command

Introduction:

Many people have complained about it. VXAce does not have a default steal script. So, I have made this simple yet effective steal script.

Features:

• Bind a skill as steal, to take items from an enemy.

It is recommended to use EXACT Extention for this script, to make it appear as a command.

The instructions should be on the script.

In Skill Note

<steal>

In Enemy Note

<steal: gold X> #Steal X gold

<steal: weapon X> #Steal weapon ID X

<steal: armor X> #Steal armor ID X

<steal: item X> #Steal item ID X

You can place multiple above regexp for multiple steal-able items

EDIT: Ah... instructions weren't there D:<

Edited by Zetu

I have an idea for your script. It would be more interesting. Add second variable to tag, wich will make restrictions to stealing from enemies. Example:

<steal: item X Y> #X is ID of item, Y is how much Luck you must have to steal the item.

<steal: item X 40> #You must have 40 or more Luck to succefully steal the item, if you have less, then enemy will attack you twice as hard (200% of damage only when unsucceful stealing).

I'm a big fan of Gothic, and in Gothic II you have something similar to that, but you pickpocket from npc and it's based on DEX. That's how I made that idea. But ofcourse it's only suggestion.

I have an idea for your script. It would be more interesting. Add second variable to tag, wich will make restrictions to stealing from enemies. Example:

<steal: item X Y> #X is ID of item, Y is how much Luck you must have to steal the item.

<steal: item X 40> #You must have 40 or more Luck to succefully steal the item, if you have less, then enemy will attack you twice as hard (200% of damage only when unsucceful stealing).

I'm a big fan of Gothic, and in Gothic II you have something similar to that, but you pickpocket from npc and it's based on DEX. That's how I made that idea. But ofcourse it's only suggestion.

I think is a good idea, but, better if u have a chance, for example:

<steal: item 2, 20>

where 20 is the percentaje of steal sucess, that mean that u have a 1/5 posibilites to take the item. to add your request too, maybe asign a.. how to say... logarithm, well, not at all, like this: percentaje of steal = luck * 2 + percent write in the note

Thanks for this script, Its realy easy to use, and I love it! Just one thing, how do you remove the message

"Had no effect on (Monster name here)"

I need to know, everytime I use the spell, this pops up,

"(Player Name) used Steal!"

"Had no effect on (Monster name here)"

"Stole 100 G!"

It kinda bugs me... As well as the last message shows up for only a little bit, so it hard to read, any way to make that last message show up for longer?

But netherless, This is a great script. I love it! :D

Wow, this is nice and will save a crap load of eventing, but I'm going to agree with Shadow. A drop chance will make this more beneficial, save for tough monsters who have a rare piece of equipment, but you don't want them to drop it each time they are fought.

Still, until then, thanks for giving us something that Ace could not, and this will work perfect for, well, say a thief.

I can't seem to get this script to work. I'm probably just misunderstanding how to use it.

-I've pasted it below materials.

-I've created a skill called "Steal" and placed <steal> in the notebox for that skill

-In the note box for an enemy I've placed <steal: item 001>

Yet when using the skill, nothing happens. Nothing is stolen. No message saying anything. Not even one saying "nothing has been stolen" etc.

Edited by bastian

Thanks, Sly, that works great. But in all fairness, I think I figured out why Zetu's script "wasn't working" for me... and it was actually just a simple conflict with another script. :D

I am using this script and im having the issue of when I use steal the character runs up and attacks the enemy 4 times. I'm sure its because I'm not setting the skill up right, can someone explain how I should set the skill up? outside of putting in notetags I got that lol oh and I dont have the skill set to more than 1 repeat its just suppose to be done once

Edited by Twinblade74

i need elp on this becuase im using the tankentai script and this steal one. I patsed everything on the script into my script and

put <steal> on my steal skill and <steal: gold X> #Steal X gold

<steal: weapon X> #Steal weapon ID X

<steal: armor X> #Steal armor ID X

<steal: item X> #Steal item ID X on the enemy. When i use the skill it says 'There was no effect on the monster' because i put no damage on the skill and i added an item to the enemy to steal. Help please?

I'm using the same script, but my problem is it attacks too much, it will say stole potion then had no effect nothing to steal and repeats that 3 more times. try this script its plug and play, after you use the skill on your next turn click on combat log and look through it to when you used steal and see if it did work but the skill repeats itself. heres a picture of what I mean. If you read what in my attachment thats me using it once but it does all that. hope that helps a little :/

Script- http://yanflychannel...at-log-display/

I dont mean to solicit scripts but i think that one directly applies to the problem? if its bad for me to post that im sorry and ill delete it im just trieng to help lol by Yanfly btw

post-8230-0-33854500-1343780253_thumb.png

Edited by Twinblade74

I don't understand the various different rates. There's the character's steal rate, based on a combination of steal rates set by either the actor's features, or class feature, or the skill's rating, etc. Then you have the rate that's set with the stealable item/gold, where you put Ix,Wx or Ax, then followed by y%. Then the 3rd factor, the enemy's steal rate which would naturally be set to a negative percent like <steal rate: -20%> How is the final percentage determined with these 3 factors? What's the whole equation that calculates these? If I just give the skill <steal>, set the item's rate like <steal I1: 30%> & don't give the enemy a resisting steal rate, would the overall rate actually be 30% (excluding the Luck bonus)? I'd just like to set the exact percentage of the items so I don't render some of them impossible due to miscalculations of percentages.

Is there any way to make steal success depend on: User's Luck - Target's Luck.?

I'm not talking about Yanfly's steal system, I'm talking about 'Symple Steal' since it works on Tankentai and show what thing is being stolen.

Btw it would be nice if you made the text when you steal something disappear a little later. Don't know if it's tankentai compabitity issue though.

Edited by SwordSkill