Sign in to follow this  
CrowTheAlmighty

Harvest Moon style game having a villain?

I love the Harvest Moon games and I am gonna start my own when I buy the Rural Farms resource pack.

I do though, want to make a villain; known as the Entity of Wither. He is depicted as a scrawny man (purple ish skin) and his head is covered completely in bandages except for some hair that hangs out. All that I think is... Is this a good idea? I want a story between the MC and the Entity. Heres a basic plot for more info:

The town has been abandoned since plants have withered and water isnt too clean. All except one family has stayed behind due to always living there. You decided to move to this town and buy the farm land. As you grow more crops and make more money, more villagers move into town and the town will look more healthy.

As you can guess, the Entity had withered the town in the past.

**SPOILER**

When the whole town has returned, the Entity will have a discussion with you about how for everything destroyed, something is made and vice versa. He will then give the player a rare tool and will vanish (OR) will stay in the village as a disguised villager (Which ever I decide)

Is a villain a good idea for this style game?

Yeah, I mean the Rune factory games had villains and they were harvest moon games with a fantasy twist. You could go down that line.

Or if you don't want any fighting at all keep the villain but make him more mischievous or a corporate style bad guy.

(I like the idea of the villain disguising himself as a villain, will kinda make the scene where he reveals himself more dramatic.)

Yeah, I mean the Rune factory games had villains and they were harvest moon games with a fantasy twist. You could go down that line.

Or if you don't want any fighting at all keep the villain but make him more mischievous or a corporate style bad guy.

(I like the idea of the villain disguising himself as a villain, will kinda make the scene where he reveals himself more dramatic.)

Well, there isnt a battle system (though that isnt 100% yet) so you dont fight him.

I wouldn't mind a real villian in a Harvest Moon game. It'd be better than the rival thing IMO.