kai salmonkey

Kai Monkey's Character Creation with Races (Version 1.1!)

Do you have plans to add a way to HIDE a class from the list? For example I plan to have several secret, optional characters in my game that have their own unique classes. I don't want the players to be able to select these classes when they make their initial character, but more importantly I don't want them to be able to see the names either. Some of the class names are a bit spoilery to the story.

Also, have you thought of trying to code it so you can choose between genders, as well? In case the game designer wants to have a large list of both male and female appearances. :3

Neither are really essential, but they might be good upgrades.

Having names not appear on the list would mean rewriting a lot of the code... But I'll try.

What I for the second one is have some of the appearances labeled as "Male" and the rest default to female. If the player chooses an appearance that has the male marker, then it flicks the gender switch (a bit like the race variable)

So that the players gender could be checked by checking that switch...

is there a way to set the traits for each race?

Create an event that checks the RaceVariable (By default 25) using a conditional branch.

If that variable is equal to 1 then they are the first race in the list, 2 then the second, 3 the third, ect.

Then you can use events to give them different equipment, change other variables, give them different skills or any other things events can do, depending on their race.

If there's anything that you would like your races to do that CAN'T be done in events then make a suggestion, but I want to try and keep that kind of features out of the script.

:(

Error.png

please fix

Um... Details please?

Have you edited the script at all? Are there any other scripts installed? Are you using a legit version of RPGMAKER VX Ace? Definatly the official english version?

Its ok i fixed it i was missing half the scripts because i was working off of my old project :P

EDIT: turns out im a fuckin idiot lol i inported it into RMVX not ace.... -_-

Edited by Chris Marsh

i need help i don't know how to use the script T.T

some one can doo a litle demo for me please??

PS:sorry for my bad English

On this page you can run the Process Name Input event action

i dont understand this please som one help me (i have a French RPG Maker VX Ace and i dont understand some tink lik tha in English please some one make a Demo or just a Screen of the change i have to doo)

53002718.png

81652517.png

73262961.png

88766337.png

Edited by Ahmed

i finaly found the problem i pasted the script in wrong place , it work fine now Thanks

A mere suggestion for this script, but something I would like to see implemented- For banned classes, have them not show up on the screen at all? The reason I say ths is i am using a Fomod's transformation states script, if you arent familiar with it, it allows you to transform classes through inducing states. Well, I am using it in a "super saiyan"-esque way, to have more powerful versions of starting classes. But I would like them to not show up on the character creation and give away what they are. Same deal with the pet system. I have a "Pet" class, but dont want the player to be able to select it, or for that matter even see it as a choice. if this is possible it would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know what variables I would have to edit to store the info to another character, so I could possibly make multiple copies of the script and use each one for a different character? Thanks for any help ;)

Hey Kai! If you are still supporting this script and stuff, do you think you could expand on it and allow the creation of multiple characters? That would be totally awesome.

Very useful script, thank you!

Hey Kai! If you are still supporting this script and stuff, do you think you could expand on it and allow the creation of multiple characters? That would be totally awesome.

That would be convenient, but I do this as an alternative. Works for as many characters as you need, but it's only 4 in the example.

eu3rsx.png

Hope this helped.

Edited by Napkiins

Thank you for the tip! Never thought about doing it that way, I was making copies of the script and changing around some variables hoping to make it work. It didn't. xD The way you did it doesn't work for me for some reason... Only the first character's name changes and only the first character's face is visible when the name input thingy comes up. Did you find a way to get around that? Or maybe it did something wrong...

Thank you for the tip! Never thought about doing it that way, I was making copies of the script and changing around some variables hoping to make it work. It didn't. xD The way you did it doesn't work for me for some reason... Only the first character's name changes and only the first character's face is visible when the name input thingy comes up. Did you find a way to get around that? Or maybe it did something wrong...

Oh, in the name input processing, you have to change it for each actor!

The first one is actor 1, second is actor 2, and so on.

I forgot to label that in the picture, sorry! xD

(It's blank for all 4 because all the names are blank in my database, but it really is actors 1 through 4)

Edited by Napkiins

Hello again! Yeah, I managed to fix it only minutes after I posted that last post, haha. I felt kind of stupid afterwards. xD Thanks for the answer though. I hope you're enjoying the script as much as I am! :)

not understand what i do on the 2nd page here? it says to do this ...c)Create a new event page, and ensure that that is also set to the AutoRun trigger. On this page you can run the Process Name Input event action any help would be awesome thank you!

oh i actually figured it out thanks anyways. quick question though.. could you explain how i set the variables so that i can make a switch so when you pick one class one switch goes on, another class another switch goes on etc? thanks

This is a nice script but I found a bug. After you create a character with a certain class the skills of that class don't change to the skills the other class has. How do you fix this?

I too would like to know about the "hidden classes" option. I also wanna know about the variable thing in the script. For example, if you pick a Dark Elf in Skyrim, you can have a higher fire resistance to your character. How would I be able to do that here? As well as using it for the facesets and whatnot. Cuz so far, my main character is the only one without a picture when they speak.

EDIT:

Okay, so I figured out how to do the ability thing by making a common event:

post-13450-0-32063000-1344634993_thumb.jpg

Still stuck on the Faceset though.

Edited by Dark Messiah

This is a nice script but I found a bug. After you create a character with a certain class the skills of that class don't change to the skills the other class has. How do you fix this?

I noticed this too. If the Nameless starting character is a Soldier in the database, his HP and MP change according to the class I selected for him but not his skill progression.

If I add a new class that is empty and assign this to Nameless he just never gets any skills.

Also, if I start with a level 5 character, his skillset will show he's level 5 but it will still say level 1 on character sheet.

Edited by AlienOverlord

I found a way to hide forbidden classes.

In this code:

if flag == false
	add_command($data_classes[i].name, :class,true)
  else
   # add_command($data_classes[i].name, :class,false)

I placed the '#' above and the banned classes stopped appearing in the list.

This is in the Create Command List portion of the code, towards the bottom.

I'm just learning this code, so let me know if this breaks something.

Edit: This removes the class from the list to chose from but that class will still appear up top. So not very useful, but a start.

Edited by AlienOverlord