TheoAllen

Eremidia Dungeon: Skyward Temple (+ TSBS Version 1.4!)

LOGO.png

Present

Eremidia Dungeon : Skyward Temple

Original Post : ED: Skyward Temple
RMN Page : Click here
Alternative Name : Another ED
Code Name : AED / ED:ST
Engine : RPG Maker VX Ace
Genre : Dungeon Crawling RPG
Playtime : Approx. 2 Hours

Story and Introduction :
This is a simple short story about three young people who bravely explore an unexplored ruin called the "Skyward Temple". It is an abandoned temple known well as the Temple of the Dragons, and is located in the Eastern Realm of Eremidia. In order to capture the high-value artifact "Skyglyph", our party recklessly enters the temple. Can you help them retrieve the Skyglyph?

This game is not an exercise in complex storytelling. I'm not an expert writer, so I'm keeping it simple. Instead, this is an exercise to provide gameplay based on my Theolized Sideview Battle System

If you have ever played Eremidia: Dungeon!, this game has very many similarities, such as: flame encounters; limited visibility; enemy naming; accessory naming. The location is not the exact same place, but the story is still based in the same continent.

Character Bios

stellaface01.png
Name : Cornelia Stella (Stella)
Class : Marksman / Star Gunslinger (Ranged & Area Damage)
Short Bio : A self-proclaimed master of marksman. Ironically, her speed is better than her accuracy. She doesn't have any experience in raiding dungeons yet. Sometimes, she always fight with Soleil just because a little thing

lunarface01.png
Name : Emille Lunar (Lunar)
Class : Sorcerer / Silvermoon Mage (Magics & Healer/Support)
Short Bio : Adept sorcerer from Runica Academy. Has a wide knowledge about magics and history. He was the first time who wanted to take Skyglyph. Until he met his companions in his journey.

solface01b.png
Name : Soleil Alfred (Soleil)
Class : Spellblade / Solar Blade (Melee & Damage Dealer)
Short Bio : Experienced dungeon raider. Very interested in exploration or battle. Often reckless to do something. His nature is tipically a main hero of the story. Such as, brave, sometimes naive, and almost doesn't fear anything.

In Game Screenshots :

newss10.jpg
Menu screenshot

newss17.jpg
Map Screenshot

ss109.jpg

newss03.jpg
Battle Screenshot

newss16.jpg
Map Dialogues

newss15.jpg
Bestiary

aed-complete12a.jpg
Statistics

Game Features :

• Sideview Battle System (Originally scripted by me)
  • Free Turn Battle (Thanks to Yanfly)
  • Dynamic Victory Aftermath
  • Visibility Range (Thanks to Galv)
  • Explore dungeon from 1-1 till 5-3
  • Fight The boss for each floor
  • Hidden accessories for each dungeon (except the last floor)
  • Skill cooldown (Thanks to Yanfly). You can't do the same skill at the next turn
  • Action Points (TP) instead of MP
  • Fast Paced battle. The enemy won't slightly damage your character. But you can also heal your character quickly
  • Encounter unique enemies. Each enemy has it's own patterns, abilities, or even weakness

Credit and Thanks:

Story :

• TheoAllen
  • Eremidia Contributor

Sound & Musics :

• Enterbrain (RTP)
  • TheoAllen
  • Oscar
  • Freedom House
  • Hannya
  • Aaron Waltz
  • Dragon Symphony
  • Tam-Music
  • Ateliernonta
  • Soleil-musique
  • Tukito

Scripts :

• Enterbrain (Default script of course)
  • TheoAllen (Battle System, Most of game mechanic)
  • Yanfly (Most of core system)
  • Galv (Limited visibility)
  • TDS (Movement code)
  • Shaz (Clone event)
  • Moghunter (Event sensor)

Graphics :

• TheoAllen (Cutin Graphics & Soleil Bust Portrait cutin)
  • Enterbrain (RTP Graphics)
  • Kaduki (Battler)
  • Milano Cat (Battler)
  • Shikami (Recolor)
  • jefriy
  • Moghunter
  • Masrinduz

Special Thanks :

• RPGMakerID
  • Eremidia Chronicles
  • Mithran (Graphic Global Rev. Thanks a lot ^^)
  • Troyz
  • richter_h 
  • sokita
  • dinhbat3
  • Thereisnoname
  • RonDChild / ron

Download Link : 
Old Version (v1.3c)

New Version (v1.4)

Known Issues

• If you screen suddenly freezes, perhaps you accidentally pressed 'ALT' button. It's not a glitch. It's a pause function without notification. The reason why I adding this is in order to capture a screenshot. So I won't miss an awesome action
  • This game may consume more RAM. But I did this for purpose. To reduce lag when playing battle animation.
  • If the splash screen takes too long. It because I pre-cache all the animations at first. I hide game loadng inside splash screen.

Update announcement :

These link below are redirected to update post :

Edited by TheoAllen

I've started playing this and so far it's a nice dungeon crawler. It really does show off the great battle system you created, and although the dialogue isn't perfectly translated, it's understandable and seems fun. I need to play more to give more feedback though. I haven't had too much time!

P.s. Did I mention the battle system is awesome?

Thanks for giving a try. I'm not responsible of any English translation inside of it. But if you found any grammatical error or anything, you can report. I'm open mind regarding any type of feedbacks. Especially for game balancing. Some people said it was to easy. And some other said, it was so hard. Not really sure which one is right.

This game will be still on up to date. If I want to increase my battle system version, I might also update this sample game as well.

Btw, thanks for compliment xD

And here we are, the TSBS is released with official sample game!

Throw the critics and critism of the translations to me. Well, that's all I got for translations, and hope you (yeah, you, the player of AED:ST) can fully enjoy the game.

Nevertheless, I've observed the scripts and it's good, structured enough. Hope I can make some add-ons of the system, too...

The translations aren't too bad :) Like I said I understand what's going on despite a few mistakes! I have only made it 30 minutes into the game, and so far combat is easy but I can see how it could get harder. Also (maybe this is just at low levels?) I think Soleil could use a little damage boost.

Edit: Ouch the first boss just beat the hell out of me.

Edited by Euphoria

Soleil's Flamecloak may boost his damage. And also can be protective shield for melee. However, it can't be combined with Blackhole force which raises defense, decrease defense and slow down (you will know later in mid/late-game) upon the enemy. Later in high level, he may also increase party's attack. Don't worry

Lol, if you have been done by the first boss, then the next level floor could be hard for you. So far, the hardest boss is 4th boss. The last boss is not that hard once you know the pattern. But don't let your guard down, there're many suprises later. One little tips is to find secret accessories for each floor. It could boost your stats. Meanwhile, I always use no accessories every time I tested this game. Just to make sure it can be finished even you don't wear any accessories ;D

Oh btw, you could change the game difficulty by accessing option menu if you want. 

If you never escaped from any battle you engaged, the level progression is actually right. And if you watch the video I posted in my script thread, that is only in level 2. The recommended level for the first boss actually is level three.

I'm looking forward for your progress :D

Why do I get the feeling that I am enjoying the intro itself xD Just started playing for the first 5 minutes and absolutely enjoying it. ^_^

Nah, love dungeon crawlers like pokemon mystery dunegon and etrian oddyssey xD So I wont lose interest on this one ^_^ Great battle system :)

I dont want to open the editor, it will ruin the excitement xD and yeah, I really need to save often xD

Well, this is a great game, with many secrets room in there. But I have something to be your attention. 

First, quick save thing. I found this, if you are too lazy to wander the dungeon to battle for leveling, just simply quick save just after defeating enemy(at map scene, not battle scene), then load it again. If you do this right, you will instantly battle again. Repeat this so you can quickly get opponents to battle. Plus, you can avoid any monster that you don't want(example: if encounter troops contained 4 drake scorp). 

Second, specially for Indonesian Version, there's some mispelling (e.g. \nbl['sol']Tapi untung saja,\. aku punya keberuntungan

lebih.\| Orang seperti memang ditakdirkan untuk
beruntung. I am sure you need add "ku" after "seperti".

Third, overall, nice joke everywhere(Indo version) especially when they are trapped in a hole, LOL.

That's all for now.

Edited by sokita

I will try to fix the quick save issue soon. I didn't know if it's also affecting event page. It should not. Well, I haven't tried myself.

Second, specially for Indonesian Version, there's some mispelling (e.g. \nbl['sol']Tapi untung saja,\. aku punya keberuntungan

lebih.\| Orang seperti memang ditakdirkan untuk
beruntung. I am sure you need add "ku" after "seperti".

I can't believe I miss a very little thing Indonesian version. That was probably because I wanted to be quick and not be able to check it all in detail. Thanks for notice though.

To be noted that I will released the fixed version soon alongside my battle system update. I already modified some of game systems. In this summer perhaps. My finals is soon will be coming. Thanks for trying my game :D

Greetings everyone!

I want to announce that this project will have a lot of updates. I suggest you not to download the current version. There is a huge glitch which had been mentioned by sokita. However, I can't upload the most recent version in this near future. Maybe the next month or summer. I need extensive beta testing and quality controls. Since I usually found a weird glitch everytime I replays this game. If you insist or curious, you could download it anyway. It's already complete. But it's far from perfect

These are the following lists of upcoming update

• Save/load glitch fix (which had mentioned by sokita)
  • Spike trap glitch fix (if you standing in spike event, you won't get hurt)
  • Windowskin change. To replace the default blue one
  • Revamped animation sequence
  • Rebalance the game (not sure if rebalance. I just feel like I will make this game harder instead @.@)
  • Statistics menu
  • My battle system translation into English (I believe this part will take more time)
  • And more ...

And this is the statistics menu I was working on which is not currently avalaible in this version

aed-complete05.jpg

Thanks for open this thread and read this message.

Regards, TheoAllen.

and, umm, have you noticed? This happened after you change formation, go battle some monster, and the formation does not updated when battle started, but after one turn in battle instead. Yeah, not so annoying or affect gameplay much, but it still not convenience, right?

New progress report!

All I have done are changing the menus, got rid the unused menu display, and made the resources to be more original. Yeah, I'm going to replace kaduki facesets with mine. I planned to release the latest version at this end of June if I don't have any problems. Along with the translation of my battle system.

Stay tune :D

Edit :

Oh I almost forgot that I also open a page on RMN.

Click here if you want to see

Edited by TheoAllen

Are you going to make emotions to the facesets?. I think they seem too young, specially Stella.  Anything more than that, all is awesome. Cool features.

It's interesting how you battle... i focus on the big ones rather than the small ones (enemies) :P guess everyone has their own style. I like how the description goes letter by letter instead of instantly, cool and goodlooking effect.

Overall, very good.

Well, what age do you think they have? Stella is the youngest among them and she just passed through the teenager. She is now around 20. Soleil is no different with Stella but a little bit older. Or they more looks more like teenager? Well, the original faceset from kaduki for Stella was cute enough though :P

About the strategy, I like to get rid the total number enemy. The weak should be dead at first :P

And thank you