Appraisal Shop v1.0
By Vlue

Introduction
Allows you to create unidentified items that can be appraised for a cost in a special shop, or an option to appraise them at no cost from the inventory. Includes support for W/A Randomization.

Features
- Create items that have a chance to identify into a list of other items.
- Options to identify for cost in store, or for free from inventory.

Screenshots
5wYElFU.png

How to Use
Plug and play, set up as needed.

Script
On de pastebinz: http://pastebin.com/PGxAm55F

FAQ
N/A

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free to use in any project, commercial or otherwise, with credit given.

Author's Notes
Nadda

Very very very cool. Haven't looked at the script yet so forgive me for asking but is it possible to set the unidentified icon based on a specific weapon. Say regular U.I. items get the normal chest you have in the screen shot but then on 'rare' U.I. items, their icons are gold chests etc???

Know what I means?

You can make as many different unidentified items as you want, so some could be 'rare' and have a rare icon and only identify into rare items. Yes.

How come there wasn't 40 bajillion replies to this script?  This is extremely cool.  Opens up many possibilities, maybe one character can identify items at the cost of MP, or maybe you can get unidentified materials from resource gather nodes.

Cool script Vlue.

I got an error 

undefined method 'name' for nill:NilClass when I try the script

What line and what were you trying to do at the time?

How come there wasn't 40 bajillion replies to this script?  This is extremely cool.  Opens up many possibilities, maybe one character can identify items at the cost of MP, or maybe you can get unidentified materials from resource gather nodes.

Cool script Vlue.

I might be able to swing the MP thing, but the other one you can do yourself :P

Free in carry-all-along inventory and Cost in fixed-point shops;

Explain this logic xD

Who dare asks for logic!! You're supposed to pick one or the other, but the reason it's free in the inventory is because you aren't going to charge yourself to identify an item! Well I wouldn't any ways.

I didn't add anything in the line, I just use the notetag.

I think the line where it pointed something to do with item ID

name = $data_items[id].name if @item.is_a?(RPG::Item)
Edited by Amber

Hmm, possibly one of the notetags you are using has an item id thats larger than the database?

I'm using 50 items on the database.

<APPRAISE 19 60>
<APPRAISE  30 13>
<APPRAISE  41 5>
<APPRAISE COST 100>

and these are the note tags I'm currently using right now

I've tested it some more, and I still can only produce the error when a notetag uses an item that has an id higher that the amount in the database.

You have 50 items in the database, not including weapons and armors which are all seperate?

Already thought of that, but blanks don't change anything. Still don't get any errors. Do you have any other scripts that change the way items work?

Do you want to try it on a blank project any ways? Even scripts that have nothing to do with each other can cause problems in ways you least expect.

And check that you using the latest version.

Also, you said you were using those notetags, but you didn't say if you were using them on an item, weapon, or armor, if you are using those notetags on a weapon or armor, they id into other weapons or armors respectively, and not items.

Test on new project: Error (even with 17 items in the database) and I'm 100% sure on a blank project with no script alter item appearance

and I use the notetags on item and not weapon or armor

Okay, do you want to upload and link (or PM) me a copy of the blank project that continues to error, so I can see what's going on?

You didn't check that you were using the latest version like I said :P

You need to grab the latest from the pastebin, 1.0b instead of 1.0a.

Alternatively, you can just put the appraise cost tag on the top.

<APPRAISE COST 12>
<APPRAISE 16 55>
<APPRAISE 3 55>
<APPRAISE 15 5>
Which is what the updated fixed.

Quick question, in the note tag of the ??? item, how do I specify which ID's are weapons, armor, or items. For example, if I wanted a chance to get a Bronze Sword, a Leather Cap, or a Potion from the ??? item, how would I go about it? 

As it stands, items only identify into items, weapons into weapons, armor into armors, which is why you can't specify which ID's are weapons, armors, items.

As it stands, items only identify into items, weapons into weapons, armor into armors, which is why you can't specify which ID's are weapons, armors, items.

That makes scene, thanks for the quick reply! Out of curiosity though, do you ever plan of adding the ability to specify between weapon/armor/item ID's in the future?