Hero Roster v1.0
By Vlue

Introduction
A simple scene that shows you information on all actors, known or unknown. If it reminds you of a certain thing from a certain game, then it certainly should.

Features
- Call a simple scene that shows information on each actor.
- Actors are discovered upon being added to the party, or manually through script calls.
- Specific actors can be excluded from the list.

Screenshots
8izRbnA.png

How to Use
Plug and play, customize as needed.

Script
Find it on the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/QCDRNe0V

FAQ
N/A

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free to use in any project, commercial or otherwise, with credit given

Author's Notes
Bootifa boochiboo!

Are we talking about

Phantasy Star 2

or

Final Fantasy Tactics

Well, I was thinking Suikoden but those work too.

Edited by Vlue

This is a pretty cool script! Though the list doesn't show more than 13 actors at a time, creating some odd blank spaces instead of names if you have a lot of characters.

OBkob7D.png

Also, would it be possible to add a customizable description for the undiscovered actor? Something like, "You have not met this person yet"?

Ah one line can make all the difference. Nice catch! Updated the pastebin to fix that. As for the undiscovered description text... why not! Added that too.

Ah, the Tablet of Stars! :D

EDIT: I have some suggestions!

- Instead of defining your own methods for displaying actor status, I think you should use the default draw_simple_status to allow this scene to show any edited status methods the user may have because it's basically showing the same information anyhow. It's an easy enough modification to do on our own, but it would be pretty cool to take the guesswork out for people who use scripts that change, let's say, the display of the gauges or other things.

- Next, for actors who are still locked, their "??????" in the list should be greyed out (disabled). Having it the same color as unlocked heroes makes it a little hard to navigate when scrolling.

- Compatibility with VE MP Levels for displaying MP would also be a good addition since a lot of people who use this would probably be using that script as well.

Edited by William C

Yes, the Tablet of Stars! Also didn't catch edit for a bit :P

All easy enough though.

-Added an option to revert to simple status if necessary.

-Greyed out ???? actors.

-If you could link to the script that'd be an easy enough fix.

Wouldn't work together off-hand but would be fine after removing the lines 256-262 from Hero Roster.

Sorry for the necro. I'm not sure if I I'm doing this right, but I added a set_handler method to add the heroes you select to the party from this screen. But the game hangs up (not crashes, hangs up) after the add_actor method. To get around this I had to add a SceneManager.return and a SeneManager.call after the add_actor. I really can't figure what I'm doing wrong (although it's "kind of" working the way I wanted now).