Sign in to follow this  
Kimjamin

Huge amount of resources feedback much appreciated

Man we always get so nervous when posting any of our stuff but we feel it is time to showcase a good bit of it and get different people's opinions on it, the good, the bad and everything in between. :D  A heads up it seriously is ALOT. :P

Normal-76D4UUf.png?1

This next Humongous spritesheet is following Galv/Holder's battler format, we must thank them for this lovely template that has done wonders for bring our characters to life especially in battle!

Battler sprites-

How they look animating.

8pkgDbZ.gif?1f1CKPwR.gif?1DZLEZLP.gif?1uU01nwJ.gif?1KvDSMbd.gif?1GqYMzFD.gif?1NjN9prt.gif?1MIkkQ97.gif?1z96ShSD.gif?1XZmUq0m.gif?1PALTH3e.gif?1J240ngy.gif?1TibSl73.png?1

l835g4a.gif?1    v8JWfKG.gif?1

fSANg8c.png?1

anWPiZb.gif?1  L9OkBUh.gif?1

To show more of the variety :)

LTjlvTu.png?1

1Ok79AX.png?1  CWPdVmq.png?1

Don't want to spoil their names ^_^

BGx1muu.gif?1   5a0LZYl.gif?1E1QfpQF.gif?1ls1xJlb.gif?1

hr5IU6M.gif?1  AMS2Qya.gif?1

xzWO395.png?1

6kPUR55.png?1

7IP34yJ.png?1

6nH4Jys.png?1

5oQgLgb.pngq7Lljt8.png?1

dwS2Ipb.png?1

grw3MeR.png?1

fqGf78u.png?1

6kmnfzf.png?1

PqIKfrS.png?1

bW73iBi.png?1

4V0dx26.png?1  UiEbgMW.png?1pLAQyCk.png?14TgC7Zc.png?1

and that is defintiely enough for now XD

Just a quick note, the stuff that is super huge we're gonna resize for the correct in game size. Some things have been resized here while others have only been downsized to fit better for showcasing on these forums. :)

For our game we got much inspiration from Castlevania, but sooo many more things as well like mythology and different cultures and we want to share this with the community and see what people think and also how there actually is alot more than this XD

Edited by Kimjamin

This is beautiful work. It's not everyday you see animated battlers, tiles, sprites...all that together :) On your vampirical animated battler, the gray lines, especially that delineate the cloak, are actually kind of jarring. Gray lines, black cloak, moving together....it tricks the eye into seeing inversions, which is not what you're going for I assume. ^-^

Your tree tiles at the bottom have really vibrant leaves. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing :) I guess it depends on the setting! The last tree seems more suited to the RTP environment, or a parallaxed tileset. 

Glad that you shared this, as an artist I know how scary it can be releasing your art for the whole world to see :)

The one thing I can see to improve these would be shadows/shading.  I notice that it's on some of the monsters, but it's missing from your sprite sheets. 

For the trees, the blur and the sharp parts are a little jarring for me.  I'm not sure if it's part of the setting or not.

Congrats on getting this much art together!   That must have taken a ton of time!

This is beautiful work. It's not everyday you see animated battlers, tiles, sprites...all that together :) On your vampirical animated battler, the gray lines, especially that delineate the cloak, are actually kind of jarring. Gray lines, black cloak, moving together....it tricks the eye into seeing inversions, which is not what you're going for I assume. ^-^

Your tree tiles at the bottom have really vibrant leaves. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing :) I guess it depends on the setting! The last tree seems more suited to the RTP environment, or a parallaxed tileset.

Glad that you shared this, as an artist I know how scary it can be releasing your art for the whole world to see :)

Thanks a lot telling us your thoughts, when you say inversions, do you mean it contrasts too much because of the gray lines and that they need to be darker? Just a little confused about it :) We do wanna mention though that we originally had him right handed and he was originally facing to the right but we inverted it so that he was facing left, don't know if it has any relevance but thought we'd point it out. :)

Ah man the trees, we will admit that the first two trees were some of our earliest sprites XD but the last one was a bit more recent, thanks for pointing that out as well and the environment should play a big role in how lively the trees are.

We were happy to share this with everyone and no kidding it's terrifying :blink: but at the same time it's exhilarating and we felt it was time :D

The one thing I can see to improve these would be shadows/shading. I notice that it's on some of the monsters, but it's missing from your sprite sheets.

For the trees, the blur and the sharp parts are a little jarring for me. I'm not sure if it's part of the setting or not.

Congrats on getting this much art together! That must have taken a ton of time!

Ah you're right gosh that is such an easy thing to forget sometimes, thank you for pointing that out and we'll add them especially since we have them on most of our monsters.

Some of the trees are definitely not natural in nature because of the theme and story but we see what you're saying, thanks for the feedback and crap it did take a long time :P

I merged your double posts. Try not to do that, okay? :) Thanks!

Inversion as in it was inverted/made a negative image since the rim is lighter than the content. Good luck with this! ^-^

I merged your double posts. Try not to do that, okay? :) Thanks!

Inversion as in it was inverted/made a negative image since the rim is lighter than the content. Good luck with this! ^-^

Oh okay we'll fix this and make it better for sure :D and ooops sorry bout that, we will be more careful from now on and thank you.

That white bats animation is really good, smooth up some of the others like him maybe but other than that this is great work well done

Thanks man the bat has 8 frames of animation so it's nice and smooth, but the script for the in battle animations limit is set to 4 at the moment, we'll look into making that more frames so its a bit smoother and thanks again. :)