Theo - Difficulty Settings

Type : Gameplay Add-on

Version : 1.2d

Original Post : RMW | Theolized RGSS3
Introduction :
Have you ever played Skyrim or Fallout? This script was greatly inspired from those games. It's allow you to change difficulty even you have inside the game. Since the difficulty setting stored in $game_variables. This was the one of my first scripts. So, I'm sorry if the script looks so messy

Features :

• Change enemy parameter
  • Change exp gain
  • Change gold gain
  • Can changed during the game

Screenshot :

diff.jpg
Combined with YEA System Option

Downloads :
Click here

Terms of Use :
Credit me, TheoAllen. You are free to edit this script by your own. As long as you don't claim it yours. For commercial purpose, don't forget to give me a free copy of the game.

Edited by TheoAllen

B/c your scripts really simple and useful, it's very helpful with me...

and the most important is my English isn't good then I rarely to comment. :(

Suggestions for features...

- Notetags to allow difficulty levels to restrict item drops form enemies (certain items will only drop if you're playing on Expert, for example).

- Notetags to allow difficulty levels to affect the EXP gain rate for actors (harder difficulties need more EXP to gain a level, for example).

- Notetags to allow parameters for actors to be changed by percentage based on difficulty level (harder difficulties drop stats by a certain percent, for example).

That last two, not sure if the script already does that.

EXP rate already done. Not sure about item drops

But if you have item drop condition where the enemy could drop the item in certain condition using script call, then it can be combined since it's use Game_Variables to handle difficulty.

Same goes with actor parameter. Since it use Game_Variables, you might need my custom parameter formula to get that done

Would you include Ex-Parameters in the difficulty setting? Maybe something like this will do:

class Game_Enemy < Game_Battler

alias theolized_xparam xparam
  def xparam(xparam_id)
    check_var ? theolized_xparam(xparam_id) * @diff_hash[var_value][12 + xparam_id] / 100 : theolized_xparam(xparam_id)
  end

end

P.S.: Do you think itd be better to alias the method param instead of methods mhp, mmp, atk, def, mat, mdf, agi and luk? Like:

class Game_Enemy < Game_Battler

alias theolized_param param
  def param(param_id)
    check_var ? theolized_param(param_id) * @diff_hash[var_value][param_id] / 100 : theolized_param(param_id)
  end

end

It WAS my very first script when I didn't know about the param yet. Yeah, kinda "oh god why" when I looked at the code structure lol. Really, it should be changed.

If xparams also modified, it will break many things I guess. But are you sure xparam modification only affect to the enemy? Maybe xparam like MP / TP regen is better for Actor as difficulty modification.

It WAS my very first script when I didn't know about the param yet. Yeah, kinda "oh god why" when I looked at the code structure lol. Really, it should be changed.

If xparams also modified, it will break many things I guess. But are you sure xparam modification only affect to the enemy? Maybe xparam like MP / TP regen is better for Actor as difficulty modification.

Actually I didn't think much about possibility of breaking things by modifying xparam, I just modified it earlier and I don't find any trouble. lol I even modified sparam, element_rate, state_rate, debuff_rate and attack_state_rate XD I'm just outright crazy :D

But maybe you're right about your guess, and you may want to add another difficulty hash that's applied to actors. Of course it'd make your script significantly harder to both maintain and use, so the cons may actually outweight the pros for modifying xparams from the very beginning :)

Edited by DoubleX

Yes, it might be harder to use if you add those stuffs. I was used to be a non-scripter, and if the thing is become complex, I don't like it. Especially for the script which has so many configurations and less plug and play. If I make the script that modifying actor xparam and such, I may released it as separate optional script :3