Here are a few more art uploads! :) I'll try and give a little background on the ones that have them.

Winged Knight

winged_knight_by_obsidiantrance-d7d607b.

*This was drawn before I did Sunset Samurai as I was playing with the watercolours on SAI.

Vladmir Blair

vladmir_blair_by_obsidiantrance-d7gfrss.

*Vladmir is a central antagonist through the Penumbra arc of the Eternity series, primarily Lost Children Part 1 & 2. The founder of Bal Hora

operating from the shadows and one of the oldest and powerful Penumbra. He is Miriam's father as she was conceived between

himself and Vetrise Arcturus, although his feelings are far from parental. He hopes the blood running in her veins is strong enough

to withstand the glyph Scarlet Queen, the fail-safe and last missing piece of the Origin Glyph that he excavated along with

the imprisoned body of Viennri (Prince) Manalodia.

*updated 12/21/14*

King Alphamus Xion Nuefraust (old)

king_alphamus_xion_nuefraust_by_obsidian

*This is an old drawing I recently went back and coloured on SAI. He is one and the same as little Lauro from LC Pt. I, years

later after taking the throne as King of Nuefraust.

I'll have some more later on! ;)

Edited by BluMiu

For the winged knight, the neon veins in the wings add a very nice touch. You didn't put a glow on them, yet because they're so stark against the dark background they look glowy. :D For Vladimir, I'm just curious--what exactly is he doing? (Brushing his hair?) As for King Alphamus.....wow it's amazing how people can change. :) Love the armor effect.

I'm guessing you didn't spend too much time on his hair, eh? ;) v

king_alphamus_xion_nuefraust_by_obsidian

Such a large selection of great works! I can't even pick out a favorite. Do you still do commissions?

For the winged knight, the neon veins in the wings add a very nice touch. You didn't put a glow on them, yet because they're so stark against the dark background they look glowy. :D For Vladimir, I'm just curious--what exactly is he doing? (Brushing his hair?) As for King Alphamus.....wow it's amazing how people can change. :) Love the armor effect.

I'm guessing you didn't spend too much time on his hair, eh? ;) v

king_alphamus_xion_nuefraust_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3cw1.png

When I started off with SAI, I had no idea how to make light effects and didn't really consider it. Nice idea, though! More a doodle of the top of my head o see what I could do with the tools :) As for Vladmir, he is playing a sad song on his imaginary fiddle for all the lives he has destroyed....................or salsa dancing.

Indeed! Xion doesn't look anything like he did as a kid, but this drawing is from 2005, so yeah. I've yet to finish drawing the characters for Lost Children to start on Laodicea. He'll luck much more similar to his childlike form in regards to appearance ^_^ Lol! You should have seen how simple his hair was before I coloured it. I had a hard time with hair or at least deciding if I wanted anime look or go for realism. Years later, I've settle for the realistic blend~

Such a large selection of great works! I can't even pick out a favorite. Do you still do commissions?

Thank you very much for the compliment ^_^ Glad you like! And yes I do. Currently looking now that it is almost summer

and a lot more prospects. You can PM me and we can discuss what you would like there~

*Okay, two more oldies that I coloured, these also from Eternity: Laodicea....

Adoni

adoni_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3cep.png

The Messiach figure in and throughout the Eternity story. He does not make an actual appearance until this story, Laodicea. His story is told through flashbacks during his time on Nis...

Ansgar Voslam

ansgar_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3fqs.png

Ansgar is the male protagonist of Laodicea and an Aerolite, a winged race that live

western land of Tradore. He was born without wings however, a far worse condition

than his father who dealt with malformation in his left wing that impaired his flight. His father

created the Wing Boosters specifically for his son that was later redesigned and mass-

produced as an addition for Gale's army. After his father's death, Ansgar left home and

his estranged mother to search for the secretive sect Bal Hora, the same people that

insited the war that cost his father his life. Years later after fruitless wandering Ansgar

comes across Erthane Inlend and Nabis Alexander, who happen also to be in search of

the same people. Their chance meeting will prove far more than just that...

Edited by Tsarmina

(I merged your double posts.  :ph34r:)

Ooh, cool, love the backstories. I pointed out Xion's hair because the highlight "ring" around his head is so flatly color and unsmoothed, it made me giggle =^-^= For Ansgar, the receding bird's-eye perspective is slightly off. Not entirely sure which part, but at the moment it just looks more like he has a really big head and little legs. Unless, you know, that's how he's supposed to be. ^^"

(I merged your double posts.  :ph34r:)

Ooh, cool, love the backstories. I pointed out Xion's hair because the highlight "ring" around his head is so flatly color and unsmoothed, it made me giggle =^-^= For Ansgar, the receding bird's-eye perspective is slightly off. Not entirely sure which part, but at the moment it just looks more like he has a really big head and little legs. Unless, you know, that's how he's supposed to be. ^^"

Thank you for merging! I wasn't sure if I shouldn't included it all in one post ^_^

Oh! Yeah, that part on his hair I got lazy on, indeed, lol! Light-blue squiggles and I was done xD And Ansgar's perspective is very much terrible because it is supposed to be from above. Challenged myself to try it though and to this day, I'd probably still mess up on it if I wasn't taking my time on it.

*Okay, last of the coloured oldies for now...

Bliss Morgan

bliss_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3ilg.png

Sweet Bliss~ I really like this character, but it has been some time since I have worked on Laodicea's

story as well as developing Bliss' story. I want there to be a flowing connection and sound reason

she would join in the merry band of protagonists and avoiding just being "oh, well she is a grappler

lady that has a grudge against the bad guys and tags along" That wouldn't really happen in real life,

so I want her and other characters to have solid purpose. Besides, Ansgar covers the grudge part

but there is a hidden connection between he and Erthane's past.

Bliss facial sketch

bliss_1_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3i3p.png

Did my best on the pencil sketch and this one came a year or two after I stopped working on Laodicea for Lost Children.

I think I didn't like ow I drew her hair in the one above, so I was seeing how much better I could draw it.

Sexy Erthane (NSFW)

sexy_erthane_by_obsidiantrance-d7e3pif.p

Not the best way to introduce the female protagonist, but the only other coloured drawing

of her is this....

erthane__colour__by_obsidiantrance-d7e3o

and I don't think it is as put together anatomically as the latter. Erthane's family

were aristocracy with ties to shady organizations and the occult, both infamous

and respected in Rigalia. When they were finally born a daughter that priests of

Bal Hora claimed that her golden eyes and birthmark were iconic of the Divina Godvi

deity, Erthane, she was taken from her home and raised or rather groomed by the

priests and priestess belonging to the Order of the Sun.

Brainwashed and submitted to ordeals of magik, she indeed demonstrated an affinity for the artes

and was inscribed with the Holy Empress grand glyph. By the time she was 13 years olde

the order was ready to establish Erthane's throne in Tian where little authority of the Tradorian

Alliance reached and home to nomadic giants and tribal people. In other events

outside of this, Rayne came across intel of a massive "flying creature" followed by a brood of

Dragonseed. Knowing this to be hostile, they joined forces with Gale and attacked the multitude,

Erthane located within the ship Laodicea itself. One Galite soldier named Crescen Voslam

infiltrated the massive craft and worked his way to the throne room and found the young girl.

His rescue attempt was met with hostility when she tried to fend him off and her

guardian activated to her defence.Gravely wounded, Crescen managed to subdue Erthane

and escape Laodicea but again attacked and defeated by the guardian in aerial battle. How

Erthane managed to survive the fall can only be attributed to magik, but she was found after

the battle by a band of mercenaries led by Harleen the Ogre Slayer. It took many years to free

her from her programming but she eventually settle into the band as Harleen's surrogate

daughter and mentored under both she and Rema Merloci (now known as Cetrine Nerosa).

A grown woman now, Erthane works under Cetrine in the Chi Raccoglie, free agents with the

underlying purpose to find and destroy Bal Hora.

Well now, been a little while hasn't it? Been away with work an writing my story so not that much time to make any updates.
I had a little free-time on my hands and hope to in the future so here the last drawing I've worked on. Still have some

others I need to finish as well.

*I updated my commission page on DA! Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out. Hope to hear from you and enjoy~

Abyssal Children

abyssal_children_by_obsidiantrance-d7lnb

Hello again! Slaving away, but still making time for art (those mostly checking my pages left unchecked) O_O Hopefully I'll

have to time to interact with the art groups here finally, so that will be worth looking forward to!

I've found an old artwork from when I was planning to make a game back in the day and this one brought

back those memories. There was a sprite I did of Dusk also, but I likely lost him somehow.

he_who_went_astray_by_obsidiantrance-d7m

Something different from my Eternity story, this is my most recent and still in the early stages. Kimono POW

is my little ode to visual kei music since it has become one of if not my favourite genre for many years. The

story follows Ubei Sanshiro, a young musician that desires to break away from the path set by his parents

to follow his latest aspiration of rock music. Together with friends and new ones that will join him, they

form a band to pursue fame but will encounter the struggles that come with it.

So far I've drawn Miu, guitarist/synth guitarist. Hope you like and if you like, leave

a comment if you see anything amiss! Thanks~ ;)

kimono_pow__miu_by_obsidiantrance-d7nd98

Baciami finished! :D

baciami_by_obsidiantrance-d7fvsuv.png

Tasayama Nakano

tasayama_nakano_by_obsidiantrance-d7oqmm

*Redeux of 2006 drawing. Erased the bad and did some sprucing up. Not a lot
of time to draw a whole new piece, so this will have to do and not bad if I must
say~

Nakano Tasayama is the illegitimate son of Reshou Gerashi, Emperor of Shirokawa.
An honorable young man that adheres to justice and reason rather than emotional impulses.
A master at manipulating the wind elements, Tasyama sets off to find his father's murderer

before his half-brother Reshou Sensei, is able to do the same.

Shinsei Reshou

shinsei_reshou_by_obsidiantrance-d7otsqt

Revamp of my 2009 drawing smile.gif I haven't done anything for The Arc

in years, and somehow came into the mood today, so here is Shinsei,
one of the main protagonists!

Ouji Reshou Shinsei is the current ruler of the Shirokawa Empire, land of the Yousei. However,
he has left the throne in the hands of his mother and trusted allies for the selfish yet honorable
mission of avenging the last Emperor, his father. The attack by the Koi Yousei occurred when he
was only a child, but the leader, Fizuki Xiyou was never apprehended and punished. Now of age
he sets out to the continent of Catheel after the last lead anyone one had of the man.
He first encounters Vigo Unzet the sky pirate and joins them in hopes their resources can narrow

the gap.

Taglieas Wood

taglieas_wood_by_obsidiantrance-d7p7mxi.

Exerpt from Innocenza Chapter IV

Skeptical of the superstitious exaggerations of the tradesman, it was however immediately apparent this was no normal forest.
They had not even passed into its threshold and there seemed to be a layer of fog within its borders, on a day of moderate degrees
and clear skies. As Cachusa had surmised of the tellings of Taglieas, the aura or "eerie" presence that grew with each step was indeed
dark magiks. Neither gave pause until the first footing onto the cold earth. Miriam looked up to her mother as Cachusa looked to her.

The familiar air suddenly became void of presence as all the songs and sounds of life ceased, and the ambiance became hostile. Taglieas
had been enveloped in a paling and a powerful one. Whatever was rumored to be at the heart of this place, that ancient ruin, was sealed
for some unknown cause. Further they went and life itself dissipated from the proud tymbers, withering into nothing more than skeletons of
mangled wood and twisted boughs. Where fear would have stricken the virgin heart to sorcery's taint, Cachusa saw only the potential this

haunt held...

Cachusa Gavrielle (with bio)

cachusa_gavrielle_by_obsidiantrance-d7pp

Full Name- Cachusa Saphrene Arcturus Gavrielle

Alias- None
Age- 284 years old
Date of Birth- Nebre(7)/22/44 BE
Race- Penumbra
Nationality- Kolonian
Eyes- Red
Hair- Platinum blonde
Height- 5'5"
Weight- 127 lbs
Gender- Female
Occupation- None
Interests- Clothing/fashion, musik, poetry, magik, novella, Huema culinary
Hobbies- Viol, piano, gardening, diary, reading, writing, cooking, seaming

Since her alleged death at the hands of a band of Penumbra Hunters and their leader Eraumus Chistletow, Cachusa's body was recovered by
her sister Vetrise and taken to the Moon Sect headquarters in Isalme. At the brink of death, she survived thanks to her own regenerative abilities and her
Vetrise's medical knowledge. Time passed during Cachusa's recovery which made her goal of locating her daughter near impossible. She continued to search
with the help of the Penumbra Underground and the Moon Sect while she and her sister reacquainted. Not only this, but she met Sorrow, Vetrise's adopted 
daughter, reminding her very much of Miriam.

The progress of Vetrise's research made strides with the help of the awakened blood of Cachusa, also fully learning to use her abilities. It was not until Blood Sect 
made a breakthrough with the Scarlet Queen glyph and required his daughter did Vetrise and Cachusa act. Finding that Mila was actually living in Isalme but the second surprise was that she had been adopted by none other than Miriam in some chance of fate. Elated to find her daughter after so long, she remained observant in

order not to lead the Blood Sect to them as well. That is until Sorrow went out of her way and returned with Mila did Cachusa reunite with Miriam, but on very different terms.

The Demon Wolf

the_daemon_wolf_by_obsidiantrance-d7pu6e

Dusk vs. Heraphent final. 

After Dusk has been given Requiem's blood, the Penumbran Viennrose gives Dusk his sword, Seventh, in hopes 
that he will be a man more worth of it than he. Dusk, Rema, Miriam, Requiem and the Helix twins sail for
Delsa to infiltrate the Black Pope's castle. Not long after arrival on the partially frozen continent, Dusk heads
off on his own to rescue Mila who has now become Bal Hora's puppet goddess. His way is thwarted by the daemon
Alastor in the form of Heraphent. 
It becomes clear that these dark spirits are the true conspirators of events but motives remain shrouded. The

newborn umbra and daemon wolf once more face one another for control.

Nightengale's Dustin Gallow

nightengale_s_dustin_gallow_by_obsidiant

Fan Art of Dustin Gallow from the comic Nightengale by Lady Nightengale

Squall Leonhart fan art

find_your_way_by_obsidiantrance-d7hofre.

Edited by BluMiu

Currently working on retouching an old drawing of Rema in her Transient Armor. It was originally a sketch I planned to do much more with but

I think I was waiting on a computer to use a program to edit or something. Been a while. A lot of the armor will be changing to something more

Italian fashioned since that is what her country is based on (but very different), a little more practical instead of fanciful. Having said that, it

will still be embroidered as she is a high-ranking knight. It just won't look like something that would suit a parade more than combat, lol!

This is what I have so far...

10429860_477640015705498_415220719264785

• Like 1

Wow, i really like her design : D I also really like how you did her hair.

Thank you, I drew over over the rough sketch and it came out surprisingly well :) A lot of this is going to depend

on how well I colour, shade with armor.

I really love how crisp her armor details look, and how intricate they are. Sort of like lace on metal~ :P

If there is any criticism I can offer, though, consider widening the armor plates so they don't give too slim a fit on the body. This gives a more solid and formidable appearance to your character, and allows for more flexibility with shapes on the armor.

By extension, you can also play around with shapes to give sharper looking edges, since your armor's main foci lies in sharp edges, trimmings and layering. Likewise, you can experiment with it and work with sharper forearm guards, multiple layers as separate shapes rather than details drawn onto the forearms (in other words, more objects sticking out) and thicker sheets of metal, particularly around vital areas.

Eh, don't mind the lengthiness of it all. I used to do armor designs. A lot.

• Like 1

I really love how crisp her armor details look, and how intricate they are. Sort of like lace on metal~ :P

If there is any criticism I can offer, though, consider widening the armor plates so they don't give too slim a fit on the body. This gives a more solid and formidable appearance to your character, and allows for more flexibility with shapes on the armor.

By extension, you can also play around with shapes to give sharper looking edges, since your armor's main foci lies in sharp edges, trimmings and layering. Likewise, you can experiment with it and work with sharper forearm guards, multiple layers as separate shapes rather than details drawn onto the forearms (in other words, more objects sticking out) and thicker sheets of metal, particularly around vital areas.

Eh, don't mind the lengthiness of it all. I used to do armor designs. A lot.

Why thank you, Spectre. You gave me a good idea with the the lace/corset armor to actually be armor. It was going to be more tough leather, but considering armor material, I think 

I can expand my imagination, lol! As for the plates, I didn't want them to be too bulky yet I see your point. I think I'll post the changes thus far as see what you think. I'm not sure

as to how many sharp edges her armor will have, but I am working on fitting it in because it does need it while still trying to be practical. It would suck to nudge someone and

accidentally stab them XD (works for war)

10530908_478136375655862_556102929686420

Edited by BluMiu

Did a fanart for Lady Nightengale again to help her out with her story. This time it is the two main characters, Layle and Jack Nightengale (left to right)
As before, if you want to check out her original work go to LadyNightengale on Facebook or for the story itself, http://www.wattpad.com/story/11922766-nightengale

Hope you like! ;)

layle_and_jack_nightengale_by_obsidiantr

• Like 1

I have another WIP in the works and it is one I have been wanting to do for some time now. It features

two of my OCs, Charon and Dusanth. It's another rather detailed one so I will imagine I will try and

tackle this one and Transient Notte at the same time. This is what I have thus far...

black_betrothal_by_obsidiantrance-d7d5t2

Charon has been all but restored the best that was possible, only her wings need to be worked on and maybe add her scythe if possible.

I've touched on Dusanth's helmet a little but not much and a lot of the work will be on him and his armor. If you have any suggestions,

they will be most welcomed and hope you like the WIP~

Edited by BluMiu
  • Like 1

Update on Transient Notte (Rema). Drew in the corset armor piece and filled out with some detail. Taking a moment

back from it to see if anything is missing before detailing the last of it and then start colouring. After I'm done with her,

I was thinking of adding the other two Transients, Nar and Leiene. Guess we'll see :)

Update on WIP 2:

rema__transient_armour__2nd_phase__by_ob

*Update 10/26/14* Final

rema__transient_armour__final__by_obsidi

Edited by BluMiu

The armour design is very beautiful. I almost never draw armour, since I'm not one for war pieces, but it looks great. Sorta sleek and powerful at the same time. (Yes, fellow girls. We can rock armour just as well as guys) The chibis are adorable as well~ They're too cute. :3

• Like 1

The armour design is very beautiful. I almost never draw armour, since I'm not one for war pieces, but it looks great. Sorta sleek and powerful at the same time. (Yes, fellow girls. We can rock armour just as well as guys) The chibis are adorable as well~ They're too cute. :3

Thanks, Tsarmina! :) I don't like drawing armor either but I have as it is part of the story. Rema's armor is made more for being agile (and made of light material, but that is story mechanic). I agree with you though, haha! Females can have awesome armor AND PRACTICAL versus the bathing suit armor that wouldn't protect anyone XD So yes, she is fully clothed! Just have to wait until finished colouring.

Finally finished with a full drawing; characters plus background! Took me forever but I kinda forgot about this and decided it

was time to complete it. I'm sure there might be more I could do with it on Photoshop, but I will have to become familiar with

that again and then come back to this and others. I hope you enjoy~

Another artwork for Innocenza, "Among Strangers".

10460611_484395218363311_599900719682921

Update 10/26/14

among_strangers_by_obsidiantrance-d7gafh

Edited by BluMiu

*Update on Black Betrothal*
Redrew and made some adjustments in places and went into detail on Dusanth's armor. He's not quite done yet
but I should finish him and add background, finish wings and start colouring tonight. Well, maybe the colouring

will be done, haha.

black_betrothal_by_obsidiantrance-d7d5t2

Edited by BluMiu

How has everyone been? Hope with the holiday (for what it is) gives some a reprieve. As you can tell from my absence, I've been busy

but, still have made time to improve and practice. I've gone back to my other posts and made updates to WIPs (above) and a few new ones

here and there.

Went back and edited colour and increased fog effect on Taglieas Wood...

taglieas_wood_by_obsidiantrance-d7p7mxi.

Drawing of a few of the Nisrian races, the Madalox...

the_madalox_by_obsidiantrance-d82o617.pn

Two new WIPs 1) Phantom Sorcerer and 2) Kimono POW, which is almost done...

phantom_sorcerer_wip_by_obsidiantrance-d

kimono_pow__wip__by_obsidiantrance-d839p

Finished. updated 11/2/14

....and last but not least, is one that took me a little while to complete, "Waiting at Nors Abbey". It's another illustration work

for my story.

300ce926c9aa0be00e363ca075b60c7e-d81zg4b

Edited by BluMiu

Finished this one today, though openCanvas was of course different than SAI. The lineart took getting used to as it is not as smooth

with what I'm used to but I did my best. I had a chance to play with the effects which was my bonus! Now I'll have to pick between

that and Photoshop...

Grey Magus II

grey_magus_by_obsidiantrance-d84c7vu.png

Full Name- Patrick Grey Magus II
Alias s)- Grey, Firebrande
Date of Birth- Teven 4/1/73 SE
Eyes- Green
Hair- Brunette
Height- 6'3''/190 cm
Weight- 211 lbs
Gender- Male
Nationality- Nuefrolian
Occupation- King's Guard of Nuefraust
Interest(s)- Military strategy, naval expeditions, cooking, blacksmithing, carnivals
Hobbies(s)- Fishing, model building

Growing up, Grey was as adventurous as any boy but, genuinely loved exploration. It was his dream rather than becoming a military
man like his father. Sharing a common disdain with his mother for how it kept him away, he came to find and despise even more
his mother's company of other men to cope with it. Matters did not help that she was from Isalme, a historically rival nation that added
to his angst and teasing by others. The divorce that followed left him with his father and a fate in the Nuefrolian
order of knights. Channeling his emotions in his apprenticeship, Grey and his peers found he had a fiery talent for the blade
just as his father.

Eventually putting away his immature feelings and forgetting his dreams, Grey came to accept his role in serving Nuefraust (but never
lost his tongue with his father). Quick to take action though without recklessness, he earned the trust and respect of those around him
and rose to his current position as captain of the Thaged Horn. Two events would shape him forever that followed closely after one another.
When King Belneire and bishop of the Holy Mother Church called for another hunt with increasing sighting of Penumbra in their realm,
Grey was selected as one of them for his talent with a magik blade. Thinking to draw his blade against the fabled demons spoken of
by campfire and bedside, he found himself the aggressor in attacking camps and hideaways of families.

As powerful as they were rumored to be, Grey had lost his fervor in murdering those defending themselves. Requesting to be removed
from his position, he earned disfavour from many and was assigned a post across the see in a colony of Tian. He did not mind so much
because of the voyage. It was not nearly a year  passing when the giants of the Jade rose against the colonists and ravaged the forts
along the coasts, destroying villages as they went. This event would be known as the Tianite Uprising and begin the Legend of the
Seven, men Grey had known through acquaintance.

Caught himself in one of those bloody assaults, Grey lost the use of his right eye and too injured to participate in the defensive. Having
survived and evacuating the civilians to safety, it earned him the people's favour and return to his standing in Nuefraust. When the kingdom
returned to war with Isalme in 105 SE, Grey was there in battle to prove to himself more than anyone that his ties with half of his blood
were gone. For his participation in a decisive skirmish to which he and his father beat back an offensive with their magik, he was recommended
a place among the King's Guard.

When the failed assassination attempt on Queen Mary-Ennette and missing Prince Alphamus made it to the King's court, Grey volunteered to
set out and find the missing prince.

Edited by BluMiu