Okay, I'm racking of WIPs nowadays but I've had a lot of slack time to make up for :) My Halloween drawing is coming

along pretty quickly and my first drawing of the characters Kalmia and Kallen is starting off well enough. It's in the rough

stages but you will definitely be able to tell what the one with Ovara is (especially can't miss the kitty ;D)

If this is somewhat risque, someone let me know so I can add a warning. Ovara has clothes but she's in a provocative

pose so...

Wooh! Finally finished it so here is the final version on Halloween night! You all enjoy yourselves and be safe~

Keep drawing!

Halloween Art WIP updated 10/31/14

halloween_art__ovara__wip_by_obsidiantra 

halloween_art__ovara__by_obsidiantrance-

Twin Mercenaries WIP

kalen_and_kalmia__twin_mercenaries_wip_b

Edited by BluMiu

Okay! Now looks like I can move onto finishing the Halloween artwork now that Kimono POW is done ;) This is a side

drawing for Innocenza, featuring Rema and her mother, Magnolia. One of Rema's daydreams of battling nasty goblyns

yet not even in make believe is mama amused ^_^ Hope you like it so far (almost done).

warrior_mama_wip_by_obsidiantrance-d84pp

*Update 10/20/14*

warrior_mama_by_obsidiantrance-d84ppo1.p

Edited by BluMiu

seems your style will be developed to semi-realistic style! though it already awesome as it is now xD

Thank you very much~ That's been my aim for some years now but, hasn't been easy ^^ I love seinin anime and really what influenced me most

of all. Sometimes I go inbetween or more anime depending on the story.

Eyes look a little too large, but I love the gothic feel and the color palettes used. Absolutely stunning as always. ;)

BTW, I'm doing a belated Halloween themed collab with Tsar and Bugs. Care to join us this time? :)

Eyes look a little too large, but I love the gothic feel and the color palettes used. Absolutely stunning as always. ;)

BTW, I'm doing a belated Halloween themed collab with Tsar and Bugs. Care to join us this time? :)

You know, I thought before that maybe it was the eyes throwing her face off (cause granny is fine) but I went ahead and added more mascara, lol! I'm going to edit it and see if that is

what give me pause. Thank you very much, as well :) 

I'd be happy to join you guys this time around~ What did you have in mind?

We wanted to do Halloweeeeen! :) A belated sorta thing, just all of us in our various costumes. :3

Haha, sounds fun~ So, character personas in costumes. This will be interesting ^^ Wait, did anyone actually go Trick or Treating?

I uh... gave candy. I was too old to move from my seat.

Then I went drinking with pals, dressed in a dead kitty costume. Also pumpkin spiced rum is delicious.

....I received none T_T Indeed, some of us are old enough to buy our own, which takes the fun out of it. Free

food tastes better~ A dead what?? o_O You had pumpkin spiced rum? That would be interesting to try :) Closest

I've had is pumpkin spice eggnog (which will be coming up in Kroger soon)XD

Edited by BluMiu

I went trick-or-treating with friends. Whee~ Made me feel kind of bad when I saw these little tiny kids wandering around, but hey, I'm petite, and young anyways. Hehe :D Honestly though, walking around, there were like 10 billion tiny Elsas running through the streets. O_o

xD Ahh...Do you wanna' build a snowman? 'Cause I could really use a friend! I never see you anymore, come out the door it's like you've gone away~ We use to be best buddies but now we are not and I wish you'd just tell me why!! Do you wanna build a snow man? *low voice* Doesn't have to be a snowman. Go away. Ana. Okay bye xDD Good ole Elsa, I'm more of a tangled fan xD but eh, if they can go as Elsa I can go as Eugene x) Kiddies are funny on Halloween from what my girlfriend has told me. I wouldn't know though :( I've never been trick or treating. hehe, don't feel bad though, Tsar, my girlfriend had a whole mob of friends with her when she was trick or treating o.o 

Hail the Elsa Revolution!!! All hail comrade Elsa! 4 legs good! 2 legs better! :D xDD

That's my completely off topic message of the day. Oo! Btw, Blumiu, you have an interesting art style, I quite like it :D

Oh god lol was that an Animal Farm reference?? Oh, the good old days of school literature....^-^

Actually on the subject of BluMiu's art, I looked through your stuff (since the images are mysteriously now working for me), and I can tell that you've improved a lot :o I especially like your profile picture ^-^ It's so Victorian uwaaa~

Oh god lol was that an Animal Farm reference?? Oh, the good old days of school literature....^-^

Actually on the subject of BluMiu's art, I looked through your stuff (since the images are mysteriously now working for me), and I can tell that you've improved a lot :o I especially like your profile picture ^-^ It's so Victorian uwaaa~

IKR. I love the Victorian style, and those frills..., hnnnngh. :3

(Though I'd say more Gothic. Victorian tends towards more extravagant costume displays.)

I went trick-or-treating with friends. Whee~ Made me feel kind of bad when I saw these little tiny kids wandering around, but hey, I'm petite, and young anyways. Hehe :D Honestly though, walking around, there were like 10 billion tiny Elsas running through the streets. O_o

Mostly petite. > :)

Hahaha, sorry dear. Don't eat me.

I uh... gave candy. I was too old to move from my seat.

Then I went drinking with pals, dressed in a dead kitty costume. Also pumpkin spiced rum is delicious.

....I received none T_T Indeed, some of us are old enough to buy our own, which takes the fun out of it. Free

food tastes better~ A dead what?? o_O You had pumpkin spiced rum? That would be interesting to try :) Closes

I've had is pumpkin spice eggnog (which will be coming up in Kroger soon)XD

Well, last year, I tried to go as Marilyn Manson. Turns out I became Adrien Brody (which is relevant if you've seen the size of my nose).

So, this year, I thought, YOLO. And we decided to camp at home instead.

It was fun. We ended up playing darts, the guitar, and strip poker. (Hey, this isn't surprising coming from me.)

Also, I wish I had those in my country aaah. The irony of it all - spiced rum but no eggnog.

Edited by Spectre

Pssht! That isn't even right. I could pass for 18 at the least but wouldn't have granted me candy :( Santa saw your transgression; only coal for you. Kidding, though~ I'm the only person going around wearing gothy clothing or all black most times so I'd be a sore thumb trying to fill my bucket. I'd either be the local prowler or the dude from Hatred (beware that game). Frozen. Oh, Frozen. How you have corrupted the youth with your letting go and ambiguous sisterly love, lol! I let it go once...gained 20 pounds from it. Delicious every step of the way, too. But alas, not fitting into certain clothing anymore will encourage one back to dieting, haha! It would be funny if you were walking home alone, here a hundred whispers of "Let it go" and you turn around to see all the Elsas following you with Children of the Corn eyes XD

xD Ahh...Do you wanna' build a snowman? 'Cause I could really use a friend! I never see you anymore, come out the door it's like you've gone away~ We use to be best buddies but now we are not and I wish you'd just tell me why!! Do you wanna build a snow man? *low voice* Doesn't have to be a snowman. Go away. Ana. Okay bye xDD Good ole Elsa, I'm more of a tangled fan xD but eh, if they can go as Elsa I can go as Eugene x) Kiddies are funny on Halloween from what my girlfriend has told me. I wouldn't know though  :( I've never been trick or treating. hehe, don't feel bad though, Tsar, my girlfriend had a whole mob of friends with her when she was trick or treating o.o 

Hail the Elsa Revolution!!! All hail comrade Elsa! 4 legs good! 2 legs better!  :D xDD

That's my completely off topic message of the day. Oo! Btw, Blumiu, you have an interesting art style, I quite like it  :D

You earn kudos for randomocity (not a word but it sounds good) and confusing the heck out of me, lol! I had no idea what you were talking about until you said it was from Frozen ^_^ I can't remember the last Disney movie I watched but I know I want more Bambi. He has been neglected far too long! I'm more of a Looney Tunes lad, anyway~ Daffy Duck tha' man! Don't worry, you only missed lots of candy and finding out how out of shape you are (if you walked door-to-door) and being chastised for attempting to eat candy bars before the booty is sorted. It's changed though for obvious reasons; parents look like cops as they slowly drive up to the house their children will be visiting, lol!

Can't believe someone went as far back as Animal Farm. Goodness :)

Why thank you, kind sir ^^ It's hard for me to tell if my artwork is more anime or more realistic nowadays since I try to make it look my own.

h god lol was that an Animal Farm reference?? Oh, the good old days of school literature....^-^

Actually on the subject of BluMiu's art, I looked through your stuff (since the images are mysteriously now working for me), and I can tell that you've improved a lot  :o I especially like your profile picture ^-^ It's so Victorian uwaaa~

You don't know how happy I am to hear it is working for you know! XD I kept you in mind every time I posted and used Pixiv, though I'm not sure if it was because of that. If anything, blame Windows 8 if you have it. Windows 8 is to blame for everything, even the polar vortex. >_>

Thank you so much for the compliment :) I have come a long way (should see my old stuff) and recently I had stopped drawing for half a year. I guess my drawing hand came back and I've learned some new things to help me improve, too.Like, a lot more patience, haha!

Oh, I know~ I wish I had an outfit like that but such a thing would cost me an midget and a leg. I could not justify my one outfit I bought from Punk Rave. Nor the boots...or the makeup that followed.

IKR. I love the Victorian style, and those frills..., hnnnngh. :3

(Though I'd say more Gothic. Victorian tends towards more extravagant costume displays.)

You did the "hnnngh"! LOL XD I wish I could upload the picture that goes with that ^^ I tried and had to retype my replies all over again T_T Yep, it would

qualify as more Gothic Victorian though I think Mana has a name for it himself when it comes to men's apparel.

Well, last year, I tried to go as Marilyn Manson. Turns out I became Adrien Brody (which is relevant if you've seen the size of my nose).

So, this year, I thought, YOLO. And we decided to camp at home instead.

It was fun. We ended up playing darts, the guitar, and strip poker. (Hey, this isn't surprising coming from me.)

Also, I wish I had those in my country aaah. The irony of it all - spiced rum but no eggnog.

I have no idea if I want to laugh or be intrigued in how that transformation ended that way. I'm trying to envision Brody as Marllyn Manson, lol! Camping sounds like a great idea too, considering the weather/season~ Wish I lived in rural area for that though. Did you buy candy at least? Then again, I can't imagine Pumpkin Spice rum and a Snickers would end romantically. 

If strip poker is the least of your exploits, I'd hate to know your most daring, haha!

Guess I can feel slightly better now about it, eh? :) Maybe it goes by a different name in your country? By the way, what country are you from?

Edited by BluMiu

Well, it wasn't really a camp so much as it was sitting in a fairly large apartment and decorating. Also, it's Singapore, land of the stupid bubblegum ban, and yeah, I spent like $150 on candy a month before the event. :P

And don't worry about the outfit. I have a Johnny Bravo Deadpool suit hiding about at home. Set me back about 250 just so that everyone can see my not-bulging abs and my bulging... something else.

I hate spandex.

Also, art threads inevitably derail into strip poker, so back on topic; yeah, your linework and colors have picked up by huge quantum leaps, and kudos to you for that. :) New style is lovely, but I wanna see your non gothic stuff,ahaha~

Or hell, draw a goth mermaid. Works too.

xD I love Animal Farm, one of my favourite books!

Also, I'd say it's becoming more realistic rather than anime.

I remember in...middle-school or last year of elementary that kids talked about it. I either read it later or watched a movie of it.

I can't think straight at moment, sick. :P

I guess that is a good thing as far as the concerning series of artworks is concerned as it is serious. 'Now and Then, Here and There' traumatized

me because the animation was so misleading as to the content XD I try and keep artwork like that in Vagrant Story, FFXII (same artist) in mind

since Akihiko Yoshida is one of my favourite artists. Other stories I have are are far less serious and more anime influence will come out in (ALTER, Musuko

no Kaminari).

Do you write the stories for your projects or you do all of it?

Well, it wasn't really a camp so much as it was sitting in a fairly large apartment and decorating. Also, it's Singapore, land of the stupid bubblegum ban, and yeah, I spent like $150 on candy a month before the event.  :P

And don't worry about the outfit. I have a Johnny Bravo Deadpool suit hiding about at home. Set me back about 250 just so that everyone can see my not-bulging abs and my bulging... something else.

I hate spandex.

Also, art threads inevitably derail into strip poker, so back on topic; yeah, your linework and colors have picked up by huge quantum leaps, and kudos to you for that.  :) New style is lovely, but I wanna see your non gothic stuff,ahaha~

Or hell, draw a goth mermaid. Works too. 

Shoot, I'd camp out in my own apartment too (if I had one) XP Did not expect Singapore but that is neat! Not the bubblegum thing, just access to Asian food~ Maybe they think it destroys teeth? Okay, I think you went overboard with the candy, lol! I'm sure that was divided out among your friends but they would make good rations. I didn't think Singapore celebrated it.

Lol! XD Some men would rather go on display than cover up, but you modesty and humble nature are noted ^_^ I don't think spandex was meant for men to wear. At least not out of water.

I shall avoid those threads, haha! I'm glad most of you think so and I hope I continue to improve :) The colouring might take a little longer since SAI doesn't have all the tools that openCanvas and Photoshop have and I'm playing with them in that regard. Aside from finishing WIPs, I'll make sure my newest pic will be more anime-based to lighten things up ;)

Wow, a gothic mermaid. That sounds like a really neat challenge that would require brainstorming like no other ^^

Edited by BluMiu

Air Car Ride

air_car_ride_by_obsidiantrance-d82zsks.p

With a change of plans for what this was originally going to be, I like this idea
better. A scene depiction of Dusk and Mila taking an air car ride in Gale at a point in
the story. At certain points like this it has an older steam punk feel since the setting
theme is older than the Victorian period.

Innocenza Illustration art for Chapter II

innocenza_chapter_2_illustration_by_obsi

Introducing the characters that primarily center in the chapter when Cachusa and Miriam make it back to Kolonia. In the center is the

matriarch of the Arcturus family, Adriana Stella Arcturus. From left to right are her three children, Illinca Ortensia Arcturus (Cachusa's mother),

Engel Arial Arcturus and Rochel Dian Arcturus. Now, Adriana looks very different from her offspring (if you have read) because she is about

the only Penumbra that maintained her original form while those that lived during Lithavania's time lost it and those born after could not attain it.

And yes, she's sitting down. Tall lady.

Edited by BluMiu

Viktoria Arcturus, Miriam Gavrielle's alternate personality. Haven't been drawing much and working on WIPs inbetween writing, so I 
cracked this one out. It's nice and colourful and brightens up the recent posts, haha! Hope you like~

viktoria_arcturus_by_obsidiantrance-d8b1

Blu!!! Chibi!!! ☆×☆

On a side note, Gothic looks great as always, and nice to see ya branching into pastel colors (although I will admit the last one's face is pretty long).

Edited by Spectre

Blu!!! Chibi!!! ☆×☆

On a side note, Gothic looks great as always, and nice to see ya branching into pastel colors (although I will admit the last one's face is pretty long).

Huh?! Chibi wha??? O_o

Thank you~ I love the way pastels look at times, if in a happy mood. I tried making her face shorter, but it never looks right X) Viktoria/Miriam

have to have the Vampire Hunter D elongation going on (especially drawn this anime).

adol_christin_by_obsidiantrance-d8b5v28.

And something else even more different: FANART!! I know, from me. Well, I had two before, so I guess not that unusual. 

This man needs no introduction if you have experienced the series, but this is Adol Christin of the Ys series, the red-haired legend. Obscured in the annals of greatness,

Ys needs more exposure and Facom seems to be making an effort as of late. The series has some of the OSTs out there and Oath in Felgana

and Ys Origin have to be the best concerning fast-paced sprite action :D Hope you like! Go buy one of the games on STEAM. You will love it ^_^

On a roll for once ;) Just finished this through the dark of morning til about an hour ago.

Dinah of Adjura

dinah_of_adjura_by_obsidiantrance-d8bakt

This is Dinah, the mother of Ira (or better known as Dusk). Taken captive as a slave during one of Surlvhal's attacks on the tribes
of Resila, Dinah grew up in the servitude of a chieftain. The son of her master took an eye for her, and she for him and he eventually
took her as his own upon establishing his own name. Eventually giving him two sons, what joy Dinah found in her circumstance
did not last.

Some years had gone by and Surlvhal and Resila went to war again. It was not uncommon for a high-born to take a slave as concubine,
but it was the favour showed Dinah that earned the young noble unwarranted suspicion of abandoning his people or betraying them.
In cowardice, he gave in to pressure and sent Dinah away right before Ira was born, keeping their eldest, Matteniah with him. A
servant sent to tend Dinah per chance overheard the young lord hiring mercenaries to kill Dinah and bring back the newborn. With
this warning, Dinah fled back to her homeland, coming close to the battlefields many a time.

By a miracle she and baby Ira found the tribe of Adjura and her family, reuniting amidst the conflict. When Resila was overcome, it came
time to flee again when the mercenaries, disguised as soldiers, were just at her doorstep. With Ira still young, they braved the desert
of Obolos, traveling with at times with deserters, gypsy caravans and merchants fleeing the conflict until they arrive in regions of Isalme.
A foreigner once again in a new land, Dinah was again fortunate enough to be taken in by a widowed farmer taking pity on the woman
and child.

There they stayed until Ira was nine years old, growing up alongside farmer Mulkivitch's children and adopted daughter, Mila, who had
been left at his gates. When an outbreak many feared to be a second plague broke across the southwestern reaches of Catheel, where
Dusk was fortunate to escape its grasp, Dinah was not so fortunate. Holding on longer than the local physician expected, it would not
be long before she eventually succumb. The mercenaries that had been tracking them for years under her former master's contract,
finally located them and set fire to the farm. A group of trainees under Transient Maj. Rema Merloci were close by and headed towards
the cloud of smoke.

Dinah was bedridden in the barn-house, having been moved their with Ira to prevent the disease from spreading. With only the two children
left and the mercenaries setting flame to the last refuge, Ira would not leave her side. Desperate to save him, she gave him the choice to leave
her to the flames or take what was left of her life. Only Mila and Ira know what took place in those final moments and neither ever speak of it...