A bit of varied work here.

GD Yareankh 11T concept, probably the one and only mecha story I'll attempt. At least for now. I'll be doing colored variations.

Spoiler

1938396359_GD-Yareankh11Tconcept.thumb.png.ba3e2991b2dac2fc7ddef3d29a4dfa94.png

[NSFW] Adriana Stella Arcturus, character design 1

Spoiler

Adriana.thumb.png.6eadafa7a9b149f88be7adb9b1ecaafa.png

Miriam Louisa Arcturus Gavrielle, chiarascuro portrait attempt. This was more a test of my abililties, especially with painting technique. It worked out overall, but as for making things defining like hair...no lol! This is as far as I get and I'm fine with that. Still practicing with it though. I love antiquity.

Spoiler

548321428_Miriam1.png.4dcda912d6889335aa32f1245959c308.png

Lost Children Pt.1- "Sliver Lining" short story illustrations

Spoiler

Dusk_Mila_short_story_illustration_1.thumb.png.f5ed59c4e683ce9d9ac65d5150ab1b89.png

Dusk_Mila_short_story_illustration_2.thumb.png.4b4bf0828c4ddb4581c537f0b9e70cf0.png

Those wings on Adriana are wicked and massive.

Chiarascuro art style is...difficult to emulate. I've seen several try and fail in spectacular fashion. Your attempt is actually really good.

As for the mech, it makes me wanna play some more Armored Core. Of course, I prefer spider-legs and laser cannon arms but to each their own, lolz

Edited by PhoenixSoul

11 hours ago, Lord Vectra said:

Oooooo, I love your art style

Thank you! I play with a few things I think I can pull off

10 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Those wings on Adriana are wicked and massive.

Chiarascuro art style is...difficult to emulate. I've seen several try and fail in spectacular fashion. Your attempt is actually really good.

As for the mech, it makes me wanna play some more Armored Core. Of course, I prefer spider-legs and laser cannon arms but to each their own, lolz

Yep. I wanted it to look to a degree practical that the Penumbra's wings could carry their weight, and that required at least a length of 30ft. I wasn't complaining.

VERY hard. Especially if just winging it or not years behind you in fine art practice. I have two more pieces so far, the one of Adriana's huema form is probably the best.

Ohhhh, I was about to use some choice words for you! You're one of THOSE people who go for that sort of mech. You have a black heart lol

Oasis & Noesis weapon designs

joshua-ward-new-design-oasis-and-noesis.jpg?1592319154

Noesis and Oasis are custom-made weapons designed by Crescen Voslam, Aerolite inventor and soldier of Gale. The original concept was a single multi-task weapon meant to combat dragyns. With no budget to manufacture the required number, Crescen streamlined the design and downsizing it considerably, splitting it into two component spears. Oasis retains traditional yet elaborate features, hiding it's functionality of mechanics; the main feature being able to detach spearhead into sword or its harpoon chain. Noesis dabbles in Gale's newest fyrepowder arms. As one of the innovators behind its utilization, Crescen had several cartridges made for variety and compensate for its capacity limit. Ansgar has yet to understand the complexity behind Noesis, grasping thus far it's the main component to combining the two spears into a dragynslayer.

Dusk Merloci armaments

joshua-ward-dusk-s-weapons-2.jpg?1592317614

Dusk's schiovona sword, cinquedea and wheellock fyrearm. Each was commissioned to Isalme's greatest smithy by Rema Merloci when he was admitted to Ematus Sercia as a Demi. In the case of the wheellock, parts of the design was by him while the majority was by Isalme military's engineers as this new technology was only distributed between Gale and Isalme, or as much the Aerolite were willing to share. The schiovona is able to be enchanted for offense and defense like most Isalmian weaponry, the cinquedea specifically for piercing through warding spells.

The wheellock is a single-shot also capable of this to curb it's disadvantage, yet it was also fitted with channeling crystals to allow magik to be focused through it. This was derived from the old practice of using wands as a focal point before better practices were developed.

Edited by BluMiu

Another step in actualizing my project. Found a cartography program called Inkarnate and just went at it. I've drawn maps by hand and made one through Photoshop years ago, so I had a good idea what I wanted and references. This still took a number of days to finish and likely isn't perfect. However, I think it shows competence for when I focus on regional maps. I might even make maps for other stories if the resources are there. This too will be a new commission offer for projects.

Nis.jpg

Edited by BluMiu

15 minutes ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Definitely looking up Inkarnate. Thanks for the reference.
Also, that map looks amazing, hot damn.

I don't know how I missed it. I looked years ago a couple of times and nothing. Try again out of curiosity and it's in front of my face. At least I learned how in Photoshop.
It's a really nice program. You make resources, so you might be able to add yours to it as I've seen some on Reddit with customs in use. I should look if there are resources out there. And thank you!