Posting some concepts, character designs this time...

Magnolia Merloci

Spoiler

ddr5kjq-0994592c-338c-423d-85b5-fa5c08f5

Airship designs

Spoiler

airship_designs_by_obsidiantrance_ddu235

Moon Clan concepts

Spoiler

male_moon_clan_concepts_a_by_obsidiantra

female_moonclan_concept_a_by_obsidiantra

• Like 1

Magnolia is absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:18 PM, PhoenixSoul said:

Magnolia is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you! I'm happy with how she turned out as well.

• Like 1

Dusk_Mila_short_story_illustration_2.thumb.png.424cf5633f7f674554829f7af4dfc8cf.pngA bit of varied work here.

GD Yareankh 11T concept, probably the one and only mecha story I'll attempt. At least for now. I'll be doing colored variations.

Spoiler

1938396359_GD-Yareankh11Tconcept.thumb.png.ba3e2991b2dac2fc7ddef3d29a4dfa94.png

[NSFW] Adriana Stella Arcturus, character design 1

Spoiler

Adriana.thumb.png.6eadafa7a9b149f88be7adb9b1ecaafa.png

Miriam Louisa Arcturus Gavrielle, chiarascuro portrait attempt. This was more a test of my abililties, especially with painting technique. It worked out overall, but as for making things defining like hair...no lol! This is as far as I get and I'm fine with that. Still practicing with it though. I love antiquity.

Spoiler

548321428_Miriam1.png.4dcda912d6889335aa32f1245959c308.png

Lost Children Pt.1- "Sliver Lining" short story illustrations

Spoiler

Dusk_Mila_short_story_illustration_1.thumb.png.f5ed59c4e683ce9d9ac65d5150ab1b89.png

Dusk_Mila_short_story_illustration_2.thumb.png.424cf5633f7f674554829f7af4dfc8cf.png

Edited by BluMiu
Upload edit
  • Like 1

Those wings on Adriana are wicked and massive.

Chiarascuro art style is...difficult to emulate. I've seen several try and fail in spectacular fashion. Your attempt is actually really good.

As for the mech, it makes me wanna play some more Armored Core. Of course, I prefer spider-legs and laser cannon arms but to each their own, lolz

Edited by PhoenixSoul
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Vectra said:

Oooooo, I love your art style

Thank you! I play with a few things I think I can pull off

10 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Those wings on Adriana are wicked and massive.

Chiarascuro art style is...difficult to emulate. I've seen several try and fail in spectacular fashion. Your attempt is actually really good.

As for the mech, it makes me wanna play some more Armored Core. Of course, I prefer spider-legs and laser cannon arms but to each their own, lolz

Yep. I wanted it to look to a degree practical that the Penumbra's wings could carry their weight, and that required at least a length of 30ft. I wasn't complaining.

VERY hard. Especially if just winging it or not years behind you in fine art practice. I have two more pieces so far, the one of Adriana's huema form is probably the best.

Ohhhh, I was about to use some choice words for you! You're one of THOSE people who go for that sort of mech. You have a black heart lol

• Haha 1

Oasis & Noesis weapon designs

joshua-ward-new-design-oasis-and-noesis.jpg?1592319154

Noesis and Oasis are custom-made weapons designed by Crescen Voslam, Aerolite inventor and soldier of Gale. The original concept was a single multi-task weapon meant to combat dragyns. With no budget to manufacture the required number, Crescen streamlined the design and downsizing it considerably, splitting it into two component spears. Oasis retains traditional yet elaborate features, hiding it's functionality of mechanics; the main feature being able to detach spearhead into sword or its harpoon chain. Noesis dabbles in Gale's newest fyrepowder arms. As one of the innovators behind its utilization, Crescen had several cartridges made for variety and compensate for its capacity limit. Ansgar has yet to understand the complexity behind Noesis, grasping thus far it's the main component to combining the two spears into a dragynslayer.

Dusk Merloci armaments

joshua-ward-dusk-s-weapons-2.jpg?1592317614

Dusk's schiovona sword, cinquedea and wheellock fyrearm. Each was commissioned to Isalme's greatest smithy by Rema Merloci when he was admitted to Ematus Sercia as a Demi. In the case of the wheellock, parts of the design was by him while the majority was by Isalme military's engineers as this new technology was only distributed between Gale and Isalme, or as much the Aerolite were willing to share. The schiovona is able to be enchanted for offense and defense like most Isalmian weaponry, the cinquedea specifically for piercing through warding spells.

The wheellock is a single-shot also capable of this to curb it's disadvantage, yet it was also fitted with channeling crystals to allow magik to be focused through it. This was derived from the old practice of using wands as a focal point before better practices were developed.

Edited by BluMiu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another step in actualizing my project. Found a cartography program called Inkarnate and just went at it. I've drawn maps by hand and made one through Photoshop years ago, so I had a good idea what I wanted and references. This still took a number of days to finish and likely isn't perfect. However, I think it shows competence for when I focus on regional maps. I might even make maps for other stories if the resources are there. This too will be a new commission offer for projects.

Nis.jpg

Edited by BluMiu
  • Like 1

Definitely looking up Inkarnate. Thanks for the reference.
Also, that map looks amazing, hot damn.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Definitely looking up Inkarnate. Thanks for the reference.
Also, that map looks amazing, hot damn.

I don't know how I missed it. I looked years ago a couple of times and nothing. Try again out of curiosity and it's in front of my face. At least I learned how in Photoshop.
It's a really nice program. You make resources, so you might be able to add yours to it as I've seen some on Reddit with customs in use. I should look if there are resources out there. And thank you!

• Like 1

Rema Merloci concepts I & II

Rema_Merloci_concepts_II.thumb.png.e6456aeaad796369b2b1acde8e989077.png

Act III outfit concepts for Rema through the last part of Innocenza. At least as far as I know. Left to right:
A) Carpace light armor. Armor from Dalomos, it's treated to where soft enough to work, originating from the exoskeleton of a creature native to that land's subterrain. Rema purchased it during her last days with the Kongazewa for a particular mission. B) Rema's casual attire. She's not much of a dresser growing up with one dress and handmedown boy's clothes for play, what she did learn from Miriam is knowing her color. Still keeping with gypsy flare, Rema also is mindful to keep it functional for whatever situation. C) Before setting out to learn what she could in the world, Rema was with her family's gypsy caravan with her mother. She took to dance more seriously and what her mother could teach. Magnolia's best gift to take with her was incorporating Rema's swordplay with the footwork and nimbleness in dance. D) Isalmian infantryman outfit. When Rema proved herself in tournament competition, she earned her place in Isalm's army among the infantry. Gifted what remained of her grandpapa's armor and refurbishing it, she was given mail and and emblem of the kingdom, yet the rest was up to a force typically made up of peasantry.

1580344514_RemaMerlociconceptsdressed.thumb.png.a8e44f3bd9a607d9c160605bd5648a32.png

• Like 1

(whistles) Rema's one gorgeous femme fatale... 💗 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

(whistles) Rema's one gorgeous femme fatale... 💗 

Haha! She's one of the first characters I can draw without reference to prior drawings (unless wearing armor)

• Like 1

LC Pt.1- Alastor

Avenging Ehmatta manifestation, closest to his unfallen form.

Alastor.thumb.png.f3a6f0760addd7dff76ee4d2db8951d9.png

LC Pt.1- Grey Magus II

rsz_grey_ii.thumb.png.835a7ab38f705a3d3b76778dfa031750.png

Innocenza- Miriam Gavrielle Act I concept

Miriam at 10 and in her twenties. Penumbra live centuries, so their adolescence continues til around the age of 50, when puberty officially ends. Children attire in Kolonia is almost uniform outside of the household. It has been a tradition that has continued, if not denoting adolescent status from juveniles.

1175169800_MiriamGavrielleconcept.thumb.png.438111b9fe25d26aaeadd6e00d314730.png

Innocenza- Viktoria Arcturus Act I concept

Early on there was little difference between Miriam and Viktoria's appearance, this credited to circumstances and Viktoria not asserting her independence from the main persona.

As she or at least her body matured, Viktoria's contentment with her epicene nature, she took to making her own attire. As salacious as this was to Cachusa, and half being rebellious in not being wholly acknowledged by her mother, Viktoria restricted herself to wearing it in their abode...sometimes.

428549082_Viktoriaconcepta.thumb.png.df5da5fef87cb77343a0323aa45c57c7.png

Commission- D&D Campaign PCs

rsz_new_canvas.thumb.png.4f6cd7b502a5f3ae077d3c09025894a7.png

Edited by BluMiu
  • Like 2

Oooh, I like the new image scaling feature. Very nice~ Some other RPGMaker forums could really use it.

A little cute illustration....

RML

Latest weapon concepts...

Weapon concept for Rema Merloci/Transient Notte

Lost Children Pt.1 Illustration C

rsz_lost_children_illustration_c.thumb.jpg.6c5c86c48f8a8da0838007a303357517.jpg

• Like 2

rsz_penumbra_noble_female_latente.thumb.png.025e696a8026501dffef06870ac7b727.png

Concept for a Penumbra of the highblood in their natural form. This would technically be an ancient Penumbra as it is uncommon for them to have horns the last generation and half. It is believed their connection to the abyss determines how their bodies develops for the first few centuries. The wing span is not the actual size represented above. As in Cachusa's latente concept, it would be doubled (so with the wings gathered round her, they would trail behind her like a gown.

• Like 1

Orion concept design B

joshua-ward-the-phantom-sorcerer.jpg?160

A redraw/update of an older work involving Orion from the second half of that story.

joshua-ward-phantom-sorcerer-old.jpg?160

• Like 1

Transient Notte concept A

Spoiler

de4djxu-5e6278e7-eab9-4d28-bba1-844615f2 Transient_Notte_concept_flat.thumb.jpeg.c9ebf7a5b4be6e7cbc00608c423eb688.jpeg2052353839_TransientNotteconceptlineart.thumb.png.144bf56bbcf8ad6e114345388d1d4110.png

Finally designed the helm, at least partially. I've described Rema's Transient armor in another work, but I can add a bit more. Forged with marbut to give it additional affinity with magiks. It is light armor in density though being full armament, so it doesn't have as much as defense against physical attacks, but her preternatural nature negates this disadvantage (in most cases). Trasients were given the opportunity to contribute personal design choices, the addition of marbut, aesthetics based on Luna Sword and headdress a near original concept.

GD-Yareankh 11T concept

Spoiler

gd_yareankh_11t_concept_by_obsidiantranc

544276771_GD-Yareankh11Tconceptlineart.thumb.png.022a38c25135d3bcb57fa31a9c789c66.png

Model Name/Code- Yareankh 11th Type

Classification- Prototype GiganDoma Omni-class

Pilot- Mitch Or

Height- 45.7 m

Weight- 37 t (50 full armaments)

Power Source- Shekinah Reactor

Construction Material/Armor- Titan Alloy, CiNy Steel

Equipment- Shoulder mounts: Hi-Compound Particle Cannon, Homing Clusters~Heaters, mini D-Boy missiles
Head monitor: 2 Pulse chainguns
Chest: SG Fail Switch, 2x alloy piercing gatlin mounts
Right arm: ABR-12 Kaster Rifle, Pulse blade
Left arm: Compound Gun Full-auto, SAM Shield

Speed- 2x 5,000 kg
4x 20,000 kg
2x 50,000 kg

• Like 1

I don't believe I've uploaded these reworked portraits, it's been awhile and I've made changes to a number of them.

Requiem Arcturus

Spoiler

1052112962_Reqaportrait.thumb.png.d38362c6e6d4401714d05129598724e0.png

Name Full- Requiem Rondo Arcturus

Other Alias- The Red King, Reqa Ambrose

Date of Birth- Orewoll9/11/960 C.R.

Eye Color- Orange-Yellow

Hair Color- Black

Sex- Male

Race- Penumbra

Nationality- Lithavanian

Height- 6'3’’ (190 cm)

Weight- 170 lbs (77.15 kg)

Occupation- Count of Rose Fel, Ambassador of Finalé Garden

Interests- Penumbra history, lore/folklore, wine-making, astronomy, ocean

Hobby(s)- Reading, star gazing, piano, walks

Having discovered that his daughter had survived Lithavania, he was astounded and overwhelmed to find she had brought forth progeny in two generations. Requiem felt guilt and his own failing in resigning to his grief that kept him from searching out survivors of House Arcturus, he was restored. Regina, Manalou and his uncle had given all to keep Adriana safe, but it left the mystery of his father's fate.

Learning of certain Vladmir's role in his betrayal and the shadows that lingered within Kolonia with his own knowledge of the roots of Bal Hora in the realms of Catheel, Requiem found it time to his name and neglected role as keeper of his people. With only House Arcturus and the most trusted loyalists privy to Viennrose Requiem's return, he and Adriana set into motion designs to overthrow the Red Council of Kolonia and rally their people.

His influence in the world of Huema and Nisrian was also put to effect, from both the public face and shadows of the underworlds to hinder Bal Hora's known members and adherents.

*Requiem has been a father figure and mentor to Miriam since their meeting, having a special place in his heart, as another daughter. He has remained her secret benefactor in making sure her needs are met, yet has not interfered in personal endeavors.
Through her he also became aware of Lumas Interlo, ironically the group avoided Count Ambrose due to his dealings with Huema despite his successes on behalf of the Penumbra. Lead by the heir of House Arcturus, Engel, it was this connection that allowed Requiem's reach further to his people and creating a network capable of doing harm to Vladmir's cult society.

Despite what reservations Vetrise had prior being apart of Bal Hora, learning of the Viennrose's survival changed this entirely, becoming an agent within Bal Hora.

Being present in Miriam's life also meant being present in Mila's. He was also able to confirm Miriam's suspicions of her blood connection, acting as the child's elderfather. Her resemblance to a young Adriana deepened his love for Mila and acting benefactor for both his kin.

Sorrow Cardinal

Spoiler

694469326_SorrowportraitB.thumb.png.332db9e0d9efdf0559d59115e9f53cec.png

Full Name- Sorrow Cardinal

Alias (s) - None

Date of Birth- Orewoll/21/144 B.E.

Eyes- Aquamarine

Hair- Red

Height- 5’5’’ (165 cm)

Weight- 124 lbs (56.2 kg)

Sex- Female

Race- Penumbra

Nationality- Raynian

Occupation- Sorceress of Bal Hora’s Moon Sect

Interests- Air cars, birds, nature, fine artes

Hobby (s) – Eating, painting, building models, riding in air cars, swimming

Sorrow was found by a river when just an infant, the wood warden that found her unsure how the babe had survived seeming to have been washed ashore. She recovered quickly and it wasn't long after that the warden learned she was a Penumbra and there would be none to come for her. Unable to abandon the babe while still defensless, he raised her for a time until giving her to a temple of Devina Godve, it being mildly tolerant to the kind known as vampyres.

Raised among the sisters as a servant, the child remained unnamed as all uninitiated. This was her life for a time, not knowing much of the world outside the grounds of the temple beyond the threshold of the wilds. She had learned this lesson when girl dared to wonder off into the wood and an abyssal dyre picked up her scent. Barely escaping if not for the intervention of a priest's magik, the child received a scar tainted by corruption. It healed yet left its scar.

It wasn't until the Penumbra Hunts that one day, a group of refugees were offered some rest before continuing toward sanctuary in a city of Rayne exporting Penumbra to Gale and beyond. The girl was sent among her kin, fostered among them until reaching their destination. After some weeks among those orphaned, the children were claimed by a matron house. It however was a facade for Bal Hora's Moon Sect, adding to it's numbers.

Priestess Ovara Marie sensed something akin in the child and after learning her story and being without name, called her Sorrow and became her surrogate mother.

Once again, Sorrow went abroad, this time to the realm of Nuefraust. Upon her lessons in the magik and dark artes, it was soon apparent of her learning impairment, rendering her much slower than other novices. This earned her some scorn, but Sorrow's control of chaos magik was near intuitive.

Over the years she learned of the secrets of the Arcturus, Ovara giving up a daughter fathered with Vladmir Blair, Baal Hora's founder. Using Moon Sect's reach the child had been tracked over the years to have by a twist of fate, taken in by Cachusa's daughter, Miriam. Having no other way to return a place in the world Vetrise had given her, Sorrow schemed to reach out to the girl.

Sorrow believed that if she had the chance to know her parents, she would have taken it. She would give this child that chance, if not be the one to watch over her.

*Sorrow became caretaker to Ovara's bedridden sister, Cachusa, having survived near death circumstances. She learned her native language from them and when Ovara did not have the time or patience, Cachusa learned her in the artes and more.

*Bearing more runes and glyphs than the average practitioner sorceress, they are for additional protection for when the chaos magik did backfire.

Charon

Spoiler

Charon.thumb.png.3603e09a122291796ea7546f69598db5.png

Catheel Map

Spoiler

Catheel.thumb.jpg.5d8af8abe6e6e40ba2c3d1400762f9e6.jpg

Cartography map of the continent of Catheel, the setting for many of the stories of Eternity. Once a land belonging to the Nisrian peoples, it now has been dominated by the Obathran, Huema over the past few centuries. This was due in part by the fall of the Penumbran kingdom, Lithavania. The Madalox and Moon Clan chose to live with the land were not organized enough to put up resistance against an organized army. The kingdom of Gale remained neutral overall while 1/3 left their floating kingdom to join their fellow Nisrian fleeing to Gardens. Penumbra are seen as a direct threat to Huema and largely prejudice against throughout the allied kingdoms, but a form of peace has been offered to the other Nisrian groups, the Ariem and Galite integrating into society well enough.
The biggest opposition to Catheel's rise has been the united tribes of Surlvhal, also Huema yet native to the continent.

Ys fanart- Adol Christin

Spoiler

868709168_YsIfanart.thumb.png.317fa44394a8895181cdabccdfb65c38.png

Edited by BluMiu
  • Like 2

Classical portraits

Duske~Classical I (LC Pt.1)

dusk_merloci__chiaroscuro_i_by_obsidiant

Rema~ Classical II (Inn. Act II)

rema_magdeline_dibesto__chiaroscuro_ii_b

Rema~ Classical III (LC Pt.1)

rema_cetrine_merloci_chiaroscuro_iii_by_

Engel~ Classical I (Inn. Act I)

engel_arial_arcturus__pre_raphaelite_by_

• Like 1

The map of Catheel kinda reminds me of Hammerfell a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

The map of Catheel kinda reminds me of Hammerfell a bit.

I had to look it up to see what you meant, but you're right. I can see a bit of it in aspects of the shape. Good to know I'm on the right track then!

• Like 1

Vladmir Blair~Classical I

vladmir_blair_chiaroscuro_i_by_obsidiant

Vetrise Cardinal~ Classical I

vetrise_cardinal__chiaroscuro_i_by_obsid

Viennrosa Rosalba Arcturus~ Classical I

rosalba_arcturus__chiaroscuro_i_by_obsid

[There was a light that shown through his mother, a beacon to be said rightly. She possessed a vitality reflected through her continuing the work of eldermother Jeneva, whom likened his mother to the flora; Transformative, persevering through the bitterest of season, alluring beauty, yet as alway, with it's dangers. He could not disagree.]

Lorde Draken Dianisia~ Classical I

draken_horea_dianisia__classical_i_by_ob

If there was ever one to be called kin of blood, a brother to the Arcturus, it would be Dianisia. Whatever virtue dwells in their blood, it has been a constant since the time of Calamus. This loyalty has not faded with Draken Dianisia, the current Old Lord and master of the house. One could say it has grown all the stronger even when it was believed the royal line had fallen with Lithavania. Immediately Draken and Engel became brethren and would he known their bond would cost him all, it would not be remiss to say he would hardly count himself one so worthy.

Lady Prominette Dianisia~ Classical I

prominette_dianisia__classical_i_by_obsi

What a gift it is to see behind the pale between the flesh and ethereal. For the eyes that see, their blood has been touched most of all to discern and navigate the abyss. What is seldom ventured in discussion over the Serpent's Eye, is the curse. Prominette is the first of those to understand the ominous extent of her abilities.

• Like 1