Gambit Enemy Experience & Gold Variance

Current Version: 1.02

Description:
This script introduces variance to the EXP and gold gained from defeating enemies.

Features:
  • Adds separate variance options for both enemy EXP and gold
  • All variance options are dynamic and use formulas
  • Both support either additive or multiplicative (percentage-based) variance
  • Custom enemy EXP and gold variance options for tagged enemies
  • Minimum EXP or gold gained from an enemy is 0

Required Scripts:

None

Credits:

• Gambit

Changelog:

v 1.02 - May 20, 2014
  • All variance options now use formulas
v 1.01 - May 16, 2014
  • Added tags for custom enemy EXP and gold variance
v 1.00 - May 16, 2014
  • Initial release

Script:

Script: Gambit Enemy Experience & Gold Variance Script v1.02.txt

Old versions:

Edited by Gambit.

After looking at the script, is it possible to make certain types of variance? like a difference between normal monster, mini boss, and boss. if I want to set normal monsters variance to 10 and boss is 20, how would I do that? or is not possible with this script yet.

Edited by pkmaster99

Currently, no that isn't exactly possible in terms of the base variance.

But, if you use the percentage variance (set EXPAdditive to false), then it will scale appropriately. For example, with EXPVariance = 50,

• Normal Monster: 50 EXP -> 25 - 75 EXP (this means 50 +- 25)
  • Mini-boss: 100 EXP -> 50 - 150 EXP (this means 100 +- 50)
  • Boss: 200 EXP -> 100 - 300 EXP (this means 200 +- 100)

So by changing around the different enemies' base EXP values and using multiplicative variance, you can have the variance range from +- 25 to 50 to 100 depending on the enemy. Is this sufficient for what you had in mind?

Edited by Gambit.

I would like to have more control on the range but that is enough I guess. The percentage should do the trick. I was just wondering since I kind of wanted to do like monsters have 5% variable range while mini boss and boss have like 8 and 10% range but... I guess I can just play around the base exp a little bit until its fine. Thanks again.

Okay, so I've updated the script. You can now tag enemies so that they can each have individual custom variance options. Untagged enemies will use the default variance options specified in the script header. This should allow you to have the extra bit of control you were looking for.

v 1.01 - May 16, 2014
  • Added tags for custom enemy EXP and gold variance

not sure if this is related or out of topic...

is it possible to change the variance into a variable like.. the actor level?

closest example might be like... suikoden-series?

Edited by autiskamen

I can add in variance formula support. That would allow it to vary by an actor's level or whatever formula you come up with. But when you say "the" actor level, do you mean an individual actor, like actor 1, whose level applies to the variance of all enemy EXP / gold? Or do you have something else in mind?

I can add in variance formula support. That would allow it to vary by an actor's level or whatever formula you come up with. But when you say "the" actor level, do you mean an individual actor, like actor 1, whose level applies to the variance of all enemy EXP / gold? Or do you have something else in mind?

well yes, I mean each individual get different variance equal to their level (or maybe just the leader?)

while the other thing I have in mind (which I don't know will be easy or not) is some item and character that increase their whole party exp gain

well yes, I mean each individual get different variance equal to their level (or maybe just the leader?)

while the other thing I have in mind (which I don't know will be easy or not) is some item and character that increase their whole party exp gain

All right. The script has been updated. Important: Note tags have changed. Refer to script header for details.

v 1.02 - May 20, 2014

So you can now set variance formulas. To accomplish what you wanted, just set a variance formula to $game_party.leader.level to have the variance be equal to the level of the first actor in the party. Unfortunately, it can't use each individual actor's level since that would require a bunch of other changes that I don't think this script should get into (for example, if each actor gains a different amount of EXP after a battle then the text for the amount of EXP gained after a battle would need to be changed). The option for an item or character to increase the EXP gain is a great idea. I don't think it really goes with this script since this centers on exp / gold variance rather than buffs but I'll keep the idea in mind and may write up a separate script for that.

All right. The script has been updated. Important: Note tags have changed. Refer to script header for details.

v 1.02 - May 20, 2014

So you can now set variance formulas. To accomplish what you wanted, just set a variance formula to $game_party.leader.level to have the variance be equal to the level of the first actor in the party. Unfortunately, it can't use each individual actor's level since that would require a bunch of other changes that I don't think this script should get into (for example, if each actor gains a different amount of EXP after a battle then the text for the amount of EXP gained after a battle would need to be changed). The option for an item or character to increase the EXP gain is a great idea. I don't think it really goes with this script since this centers on exp / gold variance rather than buffs but I'll keep the idea in mind and may write up a separate script for that.

thanks you very much for the help :D

and now that you mention it, I can just change EXR for individual actor