Vlue

Advanced Recipe Crafting

Advanced Recipe Crafting v1.0
By Vlue

Introduction
It's like Basic Recipe Crafting, but advancery! This script allows you to implement a crafting system into your game, complete with many options including different crafting categories each with their own skill levels. Amazing!

Features
- Craft items using various different recipes and ingredients
- Limitless categories and skill levels
- Variable success rates
- Multiple Crafting options!
- Banana Bread!?

Screenshots
A9AfjHN.png

How to Use
Paste script in, set up recipes as needed. (Recipes need to be learned before they show in the list, via the script call learn_recipe(id), recipes that are learned but can't be crafted due to level requirements will not show in the list)

Script
As usual, on the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/HG1yFEj6

FAQ
None yet. Ask me anything!

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free for use in any project, commercial or otherwise, with credit given
- Donations always welcome!

Author's Notes
I got nothing. It's simpl, really... trust me. Don't look it up.

The script link doesn't work...

The link works fine for me. Here's an alternative for you if it continues to not work however:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10i2ZSkelbzGQ2hsT_KF501c6ZRKtEldh4dpP8vLcydw/edit

Still no realistic? Me don't like.

Great work anyway.

Realistic?

EDIT: An error.

Ah, I thought I fixed that! Well, hoping it's the error I'm thinking of, I updated the pastebin to fix.

You can have as many ingredients as you want, but it won't display right in the crafting menu. I suppose I should fix that.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM... i maybe use this in my project... l have an "alchemist" (not an alchemist really but somwhat like that) character (the one i'm using in my avatar :P)  it's an interesting system to implement... and pretty easy to configure!

Nice script Vlue

Vlue, you are pretty darn awesome, for being a cool person who shares their bombtastic scripts.  I also subscribed to your steam workshop collection.  I need to figure out exactly how many of your scripts I should use...

You can have as many ingredients as you want, but it won't display right in the crafting menu. I suppose I should fix that.

I'm pretty much with ideas with crafting and that would be great. Thanks for agreeing to add scrollable option for more than 5 item ingredient

I have a crafting system, but I'd like it to break down items into other ones as well.

Example: Fire gem breaks down into Fire Essence.

Fire Essence x3 makes Hi-Fire Gem

Is that possible with this script?

You can make a recipe that requires 1 Fire gem and rewards 1 fire essence, then a recipe that requires 3 fire essence and makes 1 hi-fire gem, and etc.

Recipes you know, but don't have the skill level to craft, will not show up in the list.

Hey vlue, i just bought this game so im a complete newbie when it comes to scripts, i love this script but i cannot figure out how to add different recipes, and ingredients to make that recipe.. i have read the instructions time and time again but i still cannot figure it out, i dont want to accidently delete somthing important or add anything that would change the script.. please can ya maybe try to explain in more detail, ty, even a few examples would be fine 

im a noob lol sorry

Hey vlue, i just bought this game so im a complete newbie when it comes to scripts, i love this script but i cannot figure out how to add different recipes, and ingredients to make that recipe.. i have read the instructions time and time again but i still cannot figure it out, i dont want to accidently delete somthing important or add anything that would change the script.. please can ya maybe try to explain in more detail, ty, even a few examples would be fine 

im a noob lol sorry

It's not one of the easier scripts to set up!

To add a new recipe, just go to the script editor, and start typing on a new line right after the last recipe. The bare minimum for a recipe is:

ID = { :result => [],

:materials => [[]] },

So for example, a recipe (we'll say recipe #3) that takes 1 item id1 and 1 weapon id2 to make 1 item id3 would be:

3 = { :result => [0,3,1],

:materials => [ [0,1,1] , [1,2,1] ], },

And if you wanted to add any of the other recipe options it'd be after materials on a new line and before the },

i.e.

3 = { :result => [0,3,1],

:materials => [ [0,1,1] , [1,2,1] ],

:level => 25,

:category => :Alchemy, },

Hey Vlue, can you help me? I can't for the love of me figure out how to bring up the crafting menu. When I've made an event with the script call:

$crafting_category = :craft
SceneManager.call(Scene_Crafting)

All it does is crash on me when I attempt to use it, with an error saying:

Script 'Vlue Crafting' line 303: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'values' for nil:NilClass

I'm horrible with scripts, so it's probably an error on my part. I've made sure that no settings or lines of codes have been altered however, so it's probably something with how I try to use it. Mind helping me out?  :)

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, the error fixed itself when I started a new game. Thanks for the great script!
Edited by Das Auto

Hey, I'm still a little new to RPG maker and am having a few issues with this script.

I've tried an event with the script call:

$crafting_category = :craft

But it crashes with the message: 
Script 'Window Selectable' line 373: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '< for nil:NilClass

Have tried this with a saved game file and by starting a New Game.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I have also tried this with a fresh project with no other addons, same result.
Edited by Roogle

Hi, I have a question about categories. I wish to show just two categories when I call the craft scene. I tinkered around with my event a bit but with no luck. Currently my event is setup like this:

$crafting_category = :Blacksmith

So I get no categories to chose from, just the Blacksmith one. I tried with:

$crafting_category = :Blacksmith, :Armorer,

And I get an error about nil class. Will appreciate any help. ^^

Edited by drebenk

Hey Vlue beautiful script like all your others  :D

Just wondering how I can override the recipe being hidden when not high enough level, as would like the player to be able to see what they are working towards unlocking